***OFFICIAL***Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami Pre/Post Fight - Page 20 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who takes it?
Anderson Silva 57 80.28%
Yushin Okami 14 19.72%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,521
                     
It's tough to give Okami credit when he fought so poorly. It was embarassing to be honest, standing right in front of Anderson not moving going punch for punch. Given Okami's build and size I could have put up a better fight, and I'm not kidding, that was absolutely horrendous. Like laying down on your back against Lesnar or trying to outwrestle GSP, about as stupid as you could be. People are all praising Anderson, he may deserve it, but not for this fight. Okami handed his face over on a silver platter, one of the worst strategies I've ever seen in a fight.
rabakill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #192 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
It's tough to give Okami credit when he fought so poorly. It was embarassing to be honest, standing right in front of Anderson not moving going punch for punch. Given Okami's build and size I could have put up a better fight, and I'm not kidding, that was absolutely horrendous. Like laying down on your back against Lesnar or trying to outwrestle GSP, about as stupid as you could be. People are all praising Anderson, he may deserve it, but not for this fight. Okami handed his face over on a silver platter, one of the worst strategies I've ever seen in a fight.
It would appear that way, but there's more to it than meets the eye. I just reviewed the fight twice and watched it three times now reviewing key moments multiple times.

First round was very solid for Okami. He dictated the fight and got em where he wanted; against the fench in a clinch. Except he couldn't take em down. The final seconds threw him off big time when Anderson landed the roundhouse kick. Right then and there I'm sure Okami was having flashbacks of their last encounter.

Second round Anderson turned it up. He allowed Okami to take control of the Octagon in the first now it was his turn. He threw a plethora of shots and feints that confused em big time.

Then he planted his feet and jab countered multiple times and I didn't realize this but they threw jabs SIMULTANEOUSLY except Anderson sidestepped it by a "few inches" and snapped Okami's head back. Okami still hadn't retracted his jab yet that's why he got dropped...it was another sniper shot except a warning for what was to come.

Now this is my favorite. Okami got up and stalked Anderson until his back was against the fence and guess what he let em. This was a TRAP. He went into his crouching Karate stance while Okami inched his way towards him subsequently throwing the left cross. Anderson dodged it and spun around and surprise...Okami was pinned against the fence. Then bam right cross counter dropped em and it was over.

So you see it's not that Okami handed him the fight. It was a very high level chess match with traps, diversions, and position plays all utilized for the end game.
No_Mercy is offline  
post #193 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 PM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,216
                     
great little breakdown mate, but the word "em" keeps throwing my focus off :P




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #194 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
I couldn't watch this live because of the hurricane.

Predictable post fight trashing of Okami. Everyone who said Andy would win told you people that Okami wasn't the fighter you were making him out to be. Okami did what Okami always does and got beat down because he was fighting the GOAT not Chokequardt.

Andy is the greatest ever and no one else is close.
osmium is offline  
post #195 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 07:42 PM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Haha, "couldn't take him down"? It is pretty damn hard to secure a takedown when you never even try. Okami did practically nothing to get a takedown. He held Silva there and responded to silva's knees. Then he backed away. The clinch and the work against the cage was a waste of time.


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #196 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 09:22 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
great little breakdown mate, but the word "em" keeps throwing my focus off :P
By now everybody should know that Anderson forces majority of his opponents to look like that.

My question is how does he know what to do everytime. How many times has he been stuck behind the cage in his matches and have been able to get out or land a beautiful counter. It's only the unpredictable moves that may work; flying heel hook, charging at em Chael style, just anything out of the ordinary.

- Cote tried for a takedown and Anderson spun around pinning him against the fence. That's when he got up and asked Cote if he needed a hand. Then they clinched and Cote went for a exit counter and Anderson dodged it.
- Demian was circling and Anderson landed a flying knee in that direction at the same moment. Same one against Carlos Newton that knocked him out, of course it didn't work as well against Lutter, but he ended up tapping him out.
- dodged every punch Vitor threw. The one that NOBODY SAW was when Vitor caught Anderson's roundhouse kick. On their way down Vitor swung with a left and midway in the air Anderson dodged it and on the ground Vitor swung again with a right this time with Andersn dodging it again. No joke...review it. There's no way anybody would see it the first time.
- James "The Sandman" lands his first leg kick and pays the price for it and no it wasn't a sloppy one.
- Griffin was his msg to Dana White and co. + fans around the world. "Are you not entertained!"
- Okami match showed that Anderson was not playing around. He came in prepared and sized him up the first five minutes to see what he had for em. Felt his power in the first and executed in the second.
- the list goes on

This shows me that while Rousimar has THE WORST situational awareness Anderson has heightened awareness.

He's got "Spider" senses.
No_Mercy is offline  
post #197 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
                     
Seriously, that was vintage Silva. Got to be honest, he is the best in the world right now and arguably of all time. Okami is as legit a contender as they come and he took him out with alarming ease. That's not normal. Simply amazing.
The Dark Knight is offline  
post #198 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Amateur
 
Fard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 193
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
It would appear that way, but there's more to it than meets the eye. I just reviewed the fight twice and watched it three times now reviewing key moments multiple times.

First round was very solid for Okami. He dictated the fight and got em where he wanted; against the fench in a clinch. Except he couldn't take em down. The final seconds threw him off big time when Anderson landed the roundhouse kick. Right then and there I'm sure Okami was having flashbacks of their last encounter.

Second round Anderson turned it up. He allowed Okami to take control of the Octagon in the first now it was his turn. He threw a plethora of shots and feints that confused em big time.

Then he planted his feet and jab countered multiple times and I didn't realize this but they threw jabs SIMULTANEOUSLY except Anderson sidestepped it by a "few inches" and snapped Okami's head back. Okami still hadn't retracted his jab yet that's why he got dropped...it was another sniper shot except a warning for what was to come.

Now this is my favorite. Okami got up and stalked Anderson until his back was against the fence and guess what he let em. This was a TRAP. He went into his crouching Karate stance while Okami inched his way towards him subsequently throwing the left cross. Anderson dodged it and spun around and surprise...Okami was pinned against the fence. Then bam right cross counter dropped em and it was over.

So you see it's not that Okami handed him the fight. It was a very high level chess match with traps, diversions, and position plays all utilized for the end game.
nicely put, good breakdown :-)
Andy is just that(!) good.

You know what dog food tastes like? Do you? It tastes just like it smells... delicious.
Tyrone Biggums
Fard is offline  
post #199 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Gracie Hunter
 
Vale_Tudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,021
                     
I dont want to see Anderson fight anyone else other than GSP, Sonnen or JBJ at this point. Those are the only guys somewhat the same size than can challenge him.

If Dana decides to give Bisping a shot he has clearly lost his mind and Is picking fights to protect his fan favorite cash cows.

Vale_Tudo is offline  
post #200 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 241
                     
in all honesty anderson really isnt a cash cow and the only reason he would give bisping a fight is for the european expansion.
Prolific is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome