Originally Posted by Budhisten
great little breakdown mate, but the word "em" keeps throwing my focus off :P
By now everybody should know that Anderson forces majority of his opponents to look like that.
My question is how does he know what to do everytime. How many times has he been stuck behind the cage in his matches and have been able to get out or land a beautiful counter. It's only the unpredictable moves that may work; flying heel hook, charging at em Chael style, just anything out of the ordinary.
- Cote tried for a takedown and Anderson spun around pinning him against the fence. That's when he got up and asked Cote if he needed a hand. Then they clinched and Cote went for a exit counter and Anderson dodged it.
- Demian was circling and Anderson landed a flying knee in that direction at the same moment. Same one against Carlos Newton that knocked him out, of course it didn't work as well against Lutter, but he ended up tapping him out.
- dodged every punch Vitor threw. The one that NOBODY SAW was when Vitor caught Anderson's roundhouse kick. On their way down Vitor swung with a left and midway in the air Anderson dodged it and on the ground Vitor swung again with a right this time with Andersn dodging it again. No joke...review it. There's no way anybody would see it the first time.
- James "The Sandman" lands his first leg kick and pays the price for it and no it wasn't a sloppy one.
- Griffin was his msg to Dana White and co. + fans around the world. "Are you not entertained!"
- Okami match showed that Anderson was not playing around. He came in prepared and sized him up the first five minutes to see what he had for em. Felt his power in the first and executed in the second.
- the list goes on
This shows me that while Rousimar has THE WORST situational awareness Anderson has heightened awareness.
He's got "Spider" senses.