Bbc Go ******* Drown! - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:19 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,461
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalarts View Post
haha, indeed and thanks.

I dont usually post. I have been a surfer of the site for about a year and a half now, but rarely post. I felt the need to post today though.
Welcome friend! And please, post some more.
Soojooko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,120
Blog Entries: 1
                     
I think some of us are so eager to defend MMA from ignorant media that maybe you're missing the point.

They're putting children in a cage for the entertainment of Drunk adults. With ring girls and pumped up entrances and drunks...

This is not "the same as" any other youth sport that ya'll have been using for examples. It's entertainment for adults.

it's bad kids. This is a bad thing.

It will do more harm to MMA than an adult getting killed in a cage would.

How many of you would let your 8 year old daughter be a ring girl at an event like this?



P.S. why is this in the UFC section?
oldfan is offline  
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,461
                     
Can somebody clarify? Was this an adult MMA event that featured an exhibition match between two 8 year olds, or was this a kids event? Basically, who else featured on the card?

Still, it doesn't matter. Like the last few posts suggested, an adult social club is NOT the place for kids sports.

@oldfan
All those in the article that objected, seem to only focus on the fight rather then the environment. So many peoples reaction here is understandable. I doubt anybody here actually thinks its ok to have 8 year olds fighting in front of baying adult crowds with scantly clad ring girls.
Soojooko is offline  
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,120
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Can somebody clarify? Was this an adult MMA event that featured an exhibition match between two 8 year olds, or was this a kids event? Basically, who else featured on the card?

Still, it doesn't matter. Like the last few posts suggested, an adult social club is NOT the place for kids sports.

@oldfan
All those in the article that objected, seem to only focus on the fight rather then the environment. So many peoples reaction here is understandable. I doubt anybody here actually thinks its ok to have 8 year olds fighting in front of baying adult crowds with scantly clad ring girls.
There was a video in the general mma section where this belongs that has since been removed from youtube. It was just the event not a news report. It left me wondering the same thing. It had multiple kids matches and although it didn't show any adult fights it definitely felt like there were some. It was an adult event without doubt. The announcers even went on about how hot the ring girls were while the kids were getting ready.
oldfan is offline  
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,301
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
There was a video in the general mma section where this belongs that has since been removed from youtube. It was just the event not a news report. It left me wondering the same thing. It had multiple kids matches and although it didn't show any adult fights it definitely felt like there were some. It was an adult event without doubt. The announcers even went on about how hot the ring girls were while the kids were getting ready.
It was a card with Adults fighting on it too form what I understand.



Killz is offline  
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 3,912
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
Realistically there is nothing wrong with this, but morally there is. I have no problem with what happen here. But remember the world we live in people get mad when an 8 year old walks to school by himself or crosses the street.
Kids walking the street alone at that age is way more dangerous than competing in a sports event. They don't have a full vision field yet and they are too small to be easily seen by car drivers when they cross street between parking cars. I'm not getting mad about kids walking the street, but I'd be certainly more concerned about a kid having to make his way through the traffic of a city than having his way to school cross country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalarts View Post
Its not crowds that is the problem...

it's the type of crowd, type of environment. Ladies in underwear and beer should not be linked with kids events. simple as that.
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
I think some of us are so eager to defend MMA from ignorant media that maybe you're missing the point.

They're putting children in a cage for the entertainment of Drunk adults. With ring girls and pumped up entrances and drunks...

This is not "the same as" any other youth sport that ya'll have been using for examples. It's entertainment for adults.

it's bad kids. This is a bad thing.

It will do more harm to MMA than an adult getting killed in a cage would.

How many of you would let your 8 year old daughter be a ring girl at an event like this?
^ This. I've been competing in martial arts since I was 7, but it was all about the sport for the kids and not entertainment for the adults. The spectator crowds consisted of parents, friends and other people associated with the kids competing and not of blood lusty drunk adults. It's not the sportive competition that is the problem, but where and in what ambiance this competition takes place.
Voiceless is offline  
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 08:14 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,097
Blog Entries: 1
                     
i dont like kids doing mma until they are 13, i like them training bjj and boxing and all that til there 13 and then competing but before that is pointless and can unnecessarily stunt their growth intelligence wise


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Let Me Bang Bro
 
pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,967
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
I think some of us are so eager to defend MMA from ignorant media that maybe you're missing the point.

They're putting children in a cage for the entertainment of Drunk adults. With ring girls and pumped up entrances and drunks...

This is not "the same as" any other youth sport that ya'll have been using for examples. It's entertainment for adults.

it's bad kids. This is a bad thing.

It will do more harm to MMA than an adult getting killed in a cage would.

How many of you would let your 8 year old daughter be a ring girl at an event like this?





Serious though, this shouldnt have happend but is no different to an amateur boxing event I went to a few years back, they had kids (probably between the ages of 10 - 17) fighting in front of a room full of half drunk adults.

Member of the Anti-Fitching Society. Stop Fitching and Fitchery in MMA now!
-------FREE CHARLIE Z-------
FFL
'Roudy' Ronda Rousey, Fabricio Werdum, Vyacheslav Vasilevsky, Eric Koch, Alexander Sarnovsky
pipe is offline  
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,461
                     
Basically, I think we can all agree that adult crowds cheering for one or the other, is not the environment for youngsters taking part in ANY sport.

The ring girl thing is so ridiculous that nothing more needs to be said about it.
Soojooko is offline  
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 09:01 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,120
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
i dont like kids doing mma until they are 13, i like them training bjj and boxing and all that til there 13 and then competing but before that is pointless and can unnecessarily stunt their growth intelligence wise




....you started much younger than 13, ..didn't you..(need hug emoticon here)
oldfan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome