Daley wants another shot in the UFC - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
IllegalLegKick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 305
IllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Dude, I just said what Chael did was wrong, BUT he accepted his punishment, it's done, it's over with, he's moved on.

But the thing is, Chael's not been busted five times in two years like Daley has, everyone makes mistakes, Daley's made like ten, and all of them have been MMA-related, Chael's done one bad thing in MMA, that was his mistake, he hasn't done it again, Daley keeps making mistakes.
Well you said you didn't care what people did outside of the cage so I just wanted to get that straight. For the record I actually kind of like Chael as a fighter I just think your point doesn't really add up.

But honestly it doesn't matter no one will win this debate we're all just getting relied up because people came at a fighter we support and that just what fans do. I'm a fan of Paul Daley and I'll support him regardless of if thats popular or not as would you with Chael right?
IllegalLegKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
IllegalLegKick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 305
IllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of lightIllegalLegKick is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I can't stand Daley because his idea of working on his TD defense is mouthing off daring his opponent to stand like a man. People accept it but its a bitch that is the equivolent to Aoki crawling around on his ass begging for his opponent to jump in his guard. If your gonna be one dimensional at least learn how to get/keep the fight in your world.
If you watch his last two fights you can see that he has been working hard to improve his takedown defense. But hey its cool if you don't agree I'm done with this debate though its obviously not going anywhere. I always tell myself I'm not going to get into on this forum but I just can't help myself.
IllegalLegKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,534
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalLegKick View Post
Well you said you didn't care what people did outside of the cage so I just wanted to get that straight. For the record I actually kind of like Chael as a fighter I just think your point doesn't really add up.

But honestly it doesn't matter no one will win this debate we're all just getting relied up because people came at a fighter we support and that just what fans do. I'm a fan of Paul Daley and I'll support him regardless of if thats popular or not as would you with Chael right?
Chael taking steroids effects his MMA career so I understand that, but at the same time the CSAC reduced his sentence. He made a mistake but he's learned from it.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE RETURN - 9/27/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #44 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,935
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Working on it is fine but he is completey clue less. When he fought Kos he was training with these old wrestlers and it looked like he was training for a Fitch/Shields type wrestler, the slow push you against the cage and grind you down wrestler. Oblivious to the obvious fact that Kos isn't that kind of wrestler. Kos is the explosive shoot a double and drive right through type wrestler. Daley still has a long long way to go and will never stop the shot of anyone who sets it up right until he gets some real training with legit sparing partners who are actually strong wrestlers. Daley's ego and refusal to move beyond being a kickboxer and becoming a mixed martial arts fighter will always hold him back.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Working on it is fine but he is completey clue less. When he fought Kos he was training with these old wrestlers and it looked like he was training for a Fitch/Shields type wrestler, the slow push you against the cage and grind you down wrestler. Oblivious to the obvious fact that Kos isn't that kind of wrestler. Kos is the explosive shoot a double and drive right through type wrestler. Daley still has a long long way to go and will never stop the shot of anyone who sets it up right until he gets some real training with legit sparing partners who are actually strong wrestlers. Daley's ego and refusal to move beyond being a kickboxer and becoming a mixed martial arts fighter will always hold him back.
You have no idea who he was training with and how often he was training it. What are you judging this from? A countdown show?! Pre-fight hype videos. Your judging his entire training camp from a couple of minutes footage from a god damn count down ZUFFA hype show. C'mon man.

I hate it when people act as if they have some kind of inside knowledge on training camps because they've seen a little bit of video tape from some pre-fight hype rubbish. You genuinely have no idea whether he's working on his wrestling once a week, or seven days a week, so don't act as if he's "refusing" to work on his weaknesses. He could be working his ass off in the gym every day on wrestling but just might not be THAT good at it, how would you know? Oh yea, training hype videos, of course.....

The fact of the matter is, he has just demolished an olympic wrestler and had notable improved TDD and and improved ground game against Tyrone Woodley. Will he ever threaten the top dog wrestlers in the WW division? Probably not, but don't act as if your some how inside Daleys training camp and inside his head and know what he is and isnt training day in day out, because you have no idea.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #46 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,941
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Lots of words here. I only have a few. The Daley vs Diaz fight was awesome. That's just about all that matters to me on the topic.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:43 AM   #47 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 100
TheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of lightTheCleeM is a glorious beacon of light
my post involves the original topic posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
"My goal now is to return to the UFC. I know I’m the best and I deserve to test myself against the rest who believe the same”
his cut and ban was never about his skill.

his quotes come off as though he feels he is entitled to something. for all we know, he could be very remorseful for what he did after the bell but instead he tells us about how he "deserves to test himself" against fighters in the ufc. quotes like these don't help his chances of getting back into a dana white run organization. you aren't out because of a lack of skill or excitement, you are out because of a lack of maturity... and you haven't shown any progress.
TheCleeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios