Kos with a broken orbital was able to stuff all but 1 of his takedowns until the 3 round where I believe he just quit and imagine if he trained his wrestling for that fight
1. Yea, GSP is pretty good at breaking his opponents down mentally.
2. Then GSP would have had a lot less to worry about when it came to KOS's striking. The first M (MMA) stands for mixed, just so you know. Fact still remains that in the first fight GSP out-wrestled the wrestler. In the second fight, many thought KOS had the edge in the standup, and GSP made him look silly in the standup.
Make up all the excuses you want, GSP out wrestled him in both fights.
Funny thing is GSP has taken so much heat for not finishing lately, but lets break down his last 4 fights
1. Got poked in the eye in round 3 vs Shields, and still won in dominant fashion, when he clearly couldn't find his range in the last 2 rounds.
2. Broke KOS orbital bone with a jab. Still have no idea how the fight wasn't stopped in the latter rounds by the doctor.
3. Nearly ripped off Hardy's arm. No idea how Hardy didn't tap. Dominated the entire fight.
4. Tore his abductor vs #1 contender Alves.