What Do You Think Is Next For Arlovski? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-10-2006, 03:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 76
Big_Badi_Rabadi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
What Do You Think Is Next For Arlovski?

Personally, i think he'll probably fight Frank Mir for another title shot, i mean AA has been trying to get in the octagon with mir since last year but couldn't, so i see that happening at UFC 64 as being a match for being a contender. . . . what do you guys think?
Big_Badi_Rabadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-10-2006, 03:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
i've earned my stripes
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,989
T.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World RenownT.B. Is World Renown
Could happen. Wouldn't be much of a match if it did though, to be truthful with ya. With the shape Mir is currently in - he'll gas in the first 4 minutes.

First and foremost though, Andrei needs a new camp. They gave him no pointers Saturday night, during each round. When the rounds would end, he came back to his corner - sat down, sipped a bit of water, and got his face cleaned up - IN DEAD SILENCE. His trainers weren't talking. Wow. If you watch the fight again (which I know, would be hard to do), Arlovski wiped a bit of blood out of his eye, and looked to his corner for advice - to which they had none, and he caught a jab on the nose for it.

He needs to re-evaluate his fight strategy as well...and use what brought him to the dance, his Sambo skills. We don't want to see just a boxing match, we want to see the whole package.
__________________
i'm a monster
i'm a maven
i know this world is changin'
never gave in
never gave up
i'm the only thing i'm afraid of
T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 76
Big_Badi_Rabadi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyB
Could happen. Wouldn't be much of a match if it did though, to be truthful with ya. With the shape Mir is currently in - he'll gas in the first 4 minutes.

First and foremost though, Andrei needs a new camp. They gave him no pointers Saturday night, during each round. When the rounds would end, he came back to his corner - sat down, sipped a bit of water, and got his face cleaned up - IN DEAD SILENCE. His trainers weren't talking. Wow. If you watch the fight again (which I know, would be hard to do), Arlovski wiped a bit of blood out of his eye, and looked to his corner for advice - to which they had none, and he caught a jab on the nose for it.

He needs to re-evaluate his fight strategy as well...and use what brought him to the dance, his Sambo skills. We don't want to see just a boxing match, we want to see the whole package.
I completly agree with you, i mean everyone and their mother that watched the fight would tell arlovski to attack that leg, jab-move-leg kick. . . . i mean he really does need to evaluate his camp and leave them, i mean the man has all the potential in the world, but i mean if you can direct it in the right direction, then i mean it's wasted, so yeah i can agree with you on that.
Big_Badi_Rabadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
teampunishment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 178
teampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Badi_Rabadi
Personally, i think he'll probably fight Frank Mir for another title shot, i mean AA has been trying to get in the octagon with mir since last year but couldn't, so i see that happening at UFC 64 as being a match for being a contender. . . . what do you guys think?
Mir is so far off of being ready to contend for the title, rather than do this and make his chin fall even further just give AA a title shot and save Mir the beating.
teampunishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Wombatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 794
Wombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enoughWombatsu will become famous soon enough
i agree also. Mir is a weapon if in shape...but i think he is a fair way off this and needs to drop 20 pounds also. Arlovski V Mir is a big name match and would be good for UFC but i see AA first round win if it happens anytime soon.

Jeff Monson V AA would be good - but i think he will get Sylvia in the near future, so not likely. Brandon Vera V AA would also be good. Vera looks good but my question has been look at his opposition.
Wombatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dayton OH
Posts: 19
bekind has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I also think Vera vs AA would be a good one! AA should have tried to take the fight to the ground. Like TreyB said, he should have worked some Sambo rather than all stand up.
bekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Future UFC LW Champ
 
CTFlyingKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,957
CTFlyingKnee will become famous soon enoughCTFlyingKnee will become famous soon enoughCTFlyingKnee will become famous soon enoughCTFlyingKnee will become famous soon enoughCTFlyingKnee will become famous soon enoughCTFlyingKnee will become famous soon enough
I was thinking the same thing about Mir and the title picture, hes far off, but the fans would wanna see him vs sylvia 2 to find out what would have happened had Sylvias arm not been broken
CTFlyingKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
teampunishment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 178
teampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatsu
i agree also. Mir is a weapon if in shape...but i think he is a fair way off this and needs to drop 20 pounds also. Arlovski V Mir is a big name match and would be good for UFC but i see AA first round win if it happens anytime soon.

Jeff Monson V AA would be good - but i think he will get Sylvia in the near future, so not likely. Brandon Vera V AA would also be good. Vera looks good but my question has been look at his opposition.
Vera has so much to offer, he has to be in the frame really along with Monson, AA will have to win a fight or two before getting a title shot, only fair and it might not be good for him personally but it's healthy for the HW division imo.
__________________
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6...titosig7kj.jpg
Image hosted by http://imageshack.us/img/iss2.png. Click the pic to visit my Tito site. For gfx, web design & more check out my website - SSFdesign.com
teampunishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
teampunishment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 178
teampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enoughteampunishment will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFlyingKnee
I was thinking the same thing about Mir and the title picture, hes far off, but the fans would wanna see him vs sylvia 2 to find out what would have happened had Sylvias arm not been broken
Of course, Silvia wants it too. But for it to be any kind of a decent match to watch Mir has to improve his mental and physical conditioning. I hope he does so, before his crash he was one of my favourite guys in the UFC.
__________________
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6...titosig7kj.jpg
Image hosted by http://imageshack.us/img/iss2.png. Click the pic to visit my Tito site. For gfx, web design & more check out my website - SSFdesign.com
teampunishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
they are gonna make him fight vera i bet...but i dont think that is wise because dana is setting vera up to be their next IT BOY...i believe arlovski will tool vera..he'd be such a step up in competition for him...vera ia good but he should go down to lightheavyweight, hes not big enough
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios