Hendo questions Anderson's "injuries" - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
What ever anyone has to say about either Hendo or Sonnen, they can't deny the fact that Henderson is right. If it was announced tomorrow Bisping was next for the title Anderson's injuries wouldn't be quite so bad.
Well another way to look at is a 40%| silva could soak it up and step into the octagon against bisbing (like he did okami) because the brit has no wrestling/ko power = is a threat no where. Why would a less than 100% silva want to step in the cage with wrestlers whos goal is to lay on top of him for 5 rounds.

Clearly this shoulder thing is silva's way of halting the division until a real contender emerges not the guy dana thinks is most marketable.With all the records hes amassed hasnt he earned that right?

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:06 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalKO View Post
...It's possible Silva could be ducking Sonnen or he really does have a legit injury. Dana said he was "Certain there would be a rematch". Makes me wonder why Sonnen is fighting Munoz now. Anderson certainly has the biggest target on his back. Everybody wants to beat the best fighter in the world...
Dana said it was happening, Sonnen said it was happening. Thing is Anderson kept saying that Sonnen hadn't earned the fight. Silva has never said it was happening.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #43 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
Well another way to look at is a 40%| silva could soak it up and step into the octagon against bisbing (like he did okami) because the brit has no wrestling/ko power = is a threat no where. Why would a less than 100% silva want to step in the cage with wrestlers whos goal is to lay on top of him for 5 rounds.

Clearly this shoulder thing is silva's way of halting the division until a real contender emerges not the guy dana thinks is most marketable.With all the records hes amassed hasnt he earned that right?
No he hasn't, you never earn anything extra just like GSP doesn't get any special treatment, and no one wants to see any other silva fight other than silva/sonnen 2


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #44 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalKO View Post
...It's possible Silva could be ducking Sonnen or he really does have a legit injury. Dana said he was "Certain there would be a rematch". Makes me wonder why Sonnen is fighting Munoz now. Anderson certainly has the biggest target on his back. Everybody wants to beat the best fighter in the world...
It's been said Wandy actually trained with Anderson for the Cung Le fight.

This should injury is something Anderson had during the Okami fight.

Now, I'm no doctor, but I don't think you're gonna be much help to someone if you've got a bum shoulder and you're not gonna help Wand prepare for a fight by doing jumping jacks.

Something doesn't add up here and truth be told I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson did announce he was fighting Bisping with Sonnen and Munoz weeks into their training camp, Bisping may have just been talking but he sounded very confident when he said "I'm gonna be fighting Anderson Silva"

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #45 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
No he hasn't, you never earn anything extra just like GSP doesn't get any special treatment, and no one wants to see any other silva fight other than silva/sonnen 2
so u think its right for there to be unworthy contenders fighting for the title? you condone hotshotting? why even be a fan of the sport at all if you want it to play out like wwf

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline  
post #46 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:20 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
so u think its right for there to be unworthy contenders fighting for the title? you condone hotshotting? why even be a fan of the sport at all if you want it to play out like wwf
It's nothing like wwf, and how is sonnen unworthy when he beats munoz after beating stann? also who came the closest to beating silva? answer is sonnen, hell they gave machida a title shot for beating old man couture so don't tell me about unworthy. If you can name 1 match that is better than silva vs sonnen 2 i'd like to hear it but I bet you that you can't.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #47 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Bantamweight
 
SmackyBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 996
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
But smacky, the TRT use is actually not illegal to use, and if they are going to classify it as a steroid if you take too much tne it should just be outlawed altogether. That dumb court from the infamous sonnen hearing last year ended up suspending Sonnen not because of TRT but because of discretion of all things, and also Chael's doctor is a dummy.
When you say not illegal to use, do you mean it's allowed by commissions for an athlete in competition, or legal as in you won't be arrested?

I'd normally agree with you that it should be completely prohibited since they classify it with other anabolics. But there might be a case where it's actually legitimate, like that Olympic sailor who lost his testicles to cancer. But he's one of two cases USADA has approved in their entire history across all sports. Various athletic commissions are currently letting five active MMA fighters use TRT, that we know about.

I concur that the CSAC is a bunch of morons. But they were informed by Sonnen that he had a TUE to use TRT in Nevada, which wasn't true. The suspension was originally for using synthetic testosterone, not nondisclosure, but they bought his "I was already approved before" defense.

What's even sadder about the CSAC, is that they actually used to be even worse than they are now. Armando Garcia made the people in that video look like a gathering of MENSA members.


Anyway, if they can get TUEs for TRT, it's legal and there's obviously nothing I can do about it. But when people say I shouldn't be allowed to voice my opinion on it because I'm obviously uneducated about it (you didn't obviously, but that's what prompted by initial post) it obviously has the effect of making me voice my opinion about TRT. Because I like to discuss topics, hate being told what to do, and I can type during the commercials while I watch football.

Some people think that they can convey either a philosophy on life or a complex political statement using a signature on the internet. I'm not one of them.

Last edited by SmackyBear; 12-04-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: deleted some of my post by accident
SmackyBear is offline  
post #48 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:29 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackyBear View Post
When you say not illegal to use, do you mean it's allowed by commissions for an athlete in competition, or legal as in you won't be arrested?

I'd normally agree with you that it should be completely prohibited since they classify it with other anabolics. But there might be a case where it's actually legitimate, like that Olympic sailor who lost his testicles to cancer. But he's one of two cases USADA has approved in their entire history across all sports. Various athletic commissions are currently letting five active MMA fighters use TRT, that we know about.

I concur that the CSAC is a bunch of morons. But they were informed by Sonnen that he had a TUE to use TRT in Nevada, which wasn't true. The suspension was originally for using synthetic testosterone, not nondisclosure, but they bought his

What's even sadder about the CSAC, is that they actually used to be even worse than they are now. Armando Garcia made the people in that video look like a gathering of MENSA members.


Anyway, if they can get TUEs for TRT, it's legal and there's obviously nothing I can do about it. But when people say I shouldn't be allowed to voice my opinion on it because I'm obviously uneducated about it (you didn't obviously, but that's what prompted by initial post) it obviously has the effect of making me voice my opinion about TRT. Because I like to discuss topics, hate being told what to do, and I can type during the commercials while I watch football.
What I hate about this TRT issue is it's made to be too much of a grey area on what athletes can and cannot do or take. And maybe Sonnen's case by the book should have just given him the 1 year suspension but I tend to agree with Sonnen when he said that if i'm not allowed to take this dosage or do this or that tell me so I won't but if I am allowed don't tell me that your gonna suspend me for something I am allowed to take but now it's too much and instead suspended my for closure to save your own skins, either outlaw the whole substance or make it legal in any amount taken that's not health threatening.

I just feel Sonnen got stiffed badly by the commission with all this and instead of giving him the 1 year suspension they made up an excuse to save their own skins and then they kept him out way longer then it would be for PEDS anyways.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #49 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,131
                     
Why is he even bothering with this. He should be focused on Sat. Dec. 10th.

Although I have the most utmost respect for Hendo especially now, I'd like to see Anderson move up to LHW and take care of em.

BTW: I've been studying Anderson's video on movement, striking, and techniques. There's so much more to his game then we all know. I'll throw up the video in a bit if anyone is interested...
No_Mercy is offline  
post #50 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
It's nothing like wwf, and how is sonnen unworthy when he beats munoz after beating stann?
I am not talking about when he beats munoz i'm talkin about all the noise his fans made after ufc 117 and the stann fight.Where dana heard the dumb fans and being the opportunist he is made the fight against better judgement.
Quote:
also who came the closest to beating silva?
This argument makes me cringe.How does controlling most of a fight IN A LOSS qualify said individual to get first dibs at the title? losers dont get rewarded for losing decisively at least they shouldnt.
Quote:
answer is sonnen, hell they gave machida a title shot for beating old man couture so don't tell me about unworthy. If you can name 1 match that is better than silva vs sonnen 2 i'd like to hear it but I bet you that you can't.
Different circumstances the ufc never intended for this fight it just fell on their lap. And machida is like 3 fights removed from being an ex-champion anyway so that right their puts him on the shortlist of subs.

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome