Sonnen-Bisping Love In - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Panic-wrestler
 
UKMMAGURU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,820
                     
Sonnen-Bisping Love In

Ok, so forgetting the result for a bit. I have to say i was quite blown away by Chaels comments at the post fight press conference. He was full of compliments for Bisping and there was a great camaraderie and mutual respect between the two.

Chael saying that Bisping WILL fight for the title in the future and then favourably comparing him against Anderson Silva did put a cheeky smile on my face at 4AM this morning, musta looked weird with toothpicks propping my eyelids though.

Anyway, we've seen alot of comments from posters on this forum talking about some type of new found respect for Bisping after his performance last night, so i just wanted to say the feeling is similar with Chael.. I was never anti-Chael but from here on I'm certainly going to be pro-Chael.


Last edited by UKMMAGURU; 01-29-2012 at 07:56 AM.
UKMMAGURU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,384
                     
I've always been a fan of Bisping, however one night of Chael not being a complete douchebag doesn't erase years of it for me.

I've forever appreciated Chael's post fight interviews, he will usually tell you EXACTLY what happened to him. It's very annoying when guys talk about shots that made their legs go weak and say things like "I wasn't really hurt"... Chael will tell you how bad it hurt him, and apparently will go as far as to say he "might" have lost the fight. I give him all the credit in the world for this trait.

So what perplexes me is why he is such a F***ing asshole to Anderson Silva. Yes, I am an Anderson Silva die hard fan, but regardless of that fact. What exactly did this one man do that made him hate him so much? It certainly can't be based solely on the fact that Anderson beat him since all of his BS trash talk started before they even fought.

To be clear I'm actually okay with trash talk. I like Koscheck, and I like Bisping... but these guys will for the most part admit to hyping a fight. Chael has quoted hundreds of times that he never "hypes" fights... okay fine, so you really are just an asshole then? Jones and Evans have some serious trash talk going on, Evans and Rampage did as well... however there were obviously serious personal issues there... I don't see how it is possible that personal issues of such a magnitude arose to justify the things Sonnen says. I say this fully acknowledging that I'm not behind the scenes with these guys and we don't know. However, in my opinion. Calling someone a "fraud" repeatedly, a "sham of a person and a sham of a champion" is WAY over the line. I don't know what most of you do for a living, but just imagine someone you work with referring to you in such a way. The only difference here is Sonnen does it in front of millions, and he sleeps just fine at night afterwords... this is the embodyment of a lowlife!

Here is a preemptive strike on the "Chael's so much smarter than you and trolling you" BS. Chael is making things personal with a man, who in my opinion, will and SHOULD go down as one of the greatest of all time, an accolade Chael Sonnen will NEVER hold. I see absolutely no reason for it. It might sound like a ridiculous statement, but think about this for a second. If I called Canadian Phsyco, a member I greatly respect, a "low life sham of a person, a fraud, and a poor excuse for a human being", I would be banned from the forum, possibly forever. So again, how can anyone endorse a man doing it in front of millions of people on a regular basis? If you're saying to yourself right now 'well that's totally different!', you're absolutely right, it's 100 times worse!

If one day, many years after Anderson's retirement he comes out and says "I was in on it the whole time, Chael and I talked on the phone regularly and we sold out a soccer arena!"... then I will admit, I will digest every word I've ever said about Chael Sonnen. A very large part me hopes that is the case... but in the meantime Chael honestly strikes me as either racist or just incredibly biased against a certain fighting style or specific fighting group, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see a reason for that.

**holy smokes, I have a slow day at work and didn't realize how long that rant went on. I'm not sorry for anything I said, but I do apologize for the insanely long read!
BrianRClover is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Flyweight
 
hitmachine44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 374
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
I've always been a fan of Bisping, however one night of Chael not being a complete douchebag doesn't erase years of it for me.

I've forever appreciated Chael's post fight interviews, he will usually tell you EXACTLY what happened to him. It's very annoying when guys talk about shots that made their legs go weak and say things like "I wasn't really hurt"... Chael will tell you how bad it hurt him, and apparently will go as far as to say he "might" have lost the fight. I give him all the credit in the world for this trait.

So what perplexes me is why he is such a F***ing asshole to Anderson Silva. Yes, I am an Anderson Silva die hard fan, but regardless of that fact. What exactly did this one man do that made him hate him so much? It certainly can't be based solely on the fact that Anderson beat him since all of his BS trash talk started before they even fought.

To be clear I'm actually okay with trash talk. I like Koscheck, and I like Bisping... but these guys will for the most part admit to hyping a fight. Chael has quoted hundreds of times that he never "hypes" fights... okay fine, so you really are just an asshole then? Jones and Evans have some serious trash talk going on, Evans and Rampage did as well... however there were obviously serious personal issues there... I don't see how it is possible that personal issues of such a magnitude arose to justify the things Sonnen says. I say this fully acknowledging that I'm not behind the scenes with these guys and we don't know. However, in my opinion. Calling someone a "fraud" repeatedly, a "sham of a person and a sham of a champion" is WAY over the line. I don't know what most of you do for a living, but just imagine someone you work with referring to you in such a way. The only difference here is Sonnen does it in front of millions, and he sleeps just fine at night afterwords... this is the embodyment of a lowlife!

Here is a preemptive strike on the "Chael's so much smarter than you and trolling you" BS. Chael is making things personal with a man, who in my opinion, will and SHOULD go down as one of the greatest of all time, an accolade Chael Sonnen will NEVER hold. I see absolutely no reason for it. It might sound like a ridiculous statement, but think about this for a second. If I called Canadian Phsyco, a member I greatly respect, a "low life sham of a person, a fraud, and a poor excuse for a human being", I would be banned from the forum, possibly forever. So again, how can anyone endorse a man doing it in front of millions of people on a regular basis? If you're saying to yourself right now 'well that's totally different!', you're absolutely right, it's 100 times worse!

If one day, many years after Anderson's retirement he comes out and says "I was in on it the whole time, Chael and I talked on the phone regularly and we sold out a soccer arena!"... then I will admit, I will digest every word I've ever said about Chael Sonnen. A very large part me hopes that is the case... but in the meantime Chael honestly strikes me as either racist or just incredibly biased against a certain fighting style or specific fighting group, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see a reason for that.

**holy smokes, I have a slow day at work and didn't realize how long that rant went on. I'm not sorry for anything I said, but I do apologize for the insanely long read!
Jeez, you act like he was making fun of your mom or something...it's cool bro, everything is going to be okay.
hitmachine44 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Featherweight
 
hadoq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,147
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
I've always been a fan of Bisping, however one night of Chael not being a complete douchebag doesn't erase years of it for me.

I've forever appreciated Chael's post fight interviews, he will usually tell you EXACTLY what happened to him. It's very annoying when guys talk about shots that made their legs go weak and say things like "I wasn't really hurt"... Chael will tell you how bad it hurt him, and apparently will go as far as to say he "might" have lost the fight. I give him all the credit in the world for this trait.

So what perplexes me is why he is such a F***ing asshole to Anderson Silva. Yes, I am an Anderson Silva die hard fan, but regardless of that fact. What exactly did this one man do that made him hate him so much? It certainly can't be based solely on the fact that Anderson beat him since all of his BS trash talk started before they even fought.

To be clear I'm actually okay with trash talk. I like Koscheck, and I like Bisping... but these guys will for the most part admit to hyping a fight. Chael has quoted hundreds of times that he never "hypes" fights... okay fine, so you really are just an asshole then? Jones and Evans have some serious trash talk going on, Evans and Rampage did as well... however there were obviously serious personal issues there... I don't see how it is possible that personal issues of such a magnitude arose to justify the things Sonnen says. I say this fully acknowledging that I'm not behind the scenes with these guys and we don't know. However, in my opinion. Calling someone a "fraud" repeatedly, a "sham of a person and a sham of a champion" is WAY over the line. I don't know what most of you do for a living, but just imagine someone you work with referring to you in such a way. The only difference here is Sonnen does it in front of millions, and he sleeps just fine at night afterwords... this is the embodyment of a lowlife!

Here is a preemptive strike on the "Chael's so much smarter than you and trolling you" BS. Chael is making things personal with a man, who in my opinion, will and SHOULD go down as one of the greatest of all time, an accolade Chael Sonnen will NEVER hold. I see absolutely no reason for it. It might sound like a ridiculous statement, but think about this for a second. If I called Canadian Phsyco, a member I greatly respect, a "low life sham of a person, a fraud, and a poor excuse for a human being", I would be banned from the forum, possibly forever. So again, how can anyone endorse a man doing it in front of millions of people on a regular basis? If you're saying to yourself right now 'well that's totally different!', you're absolutely right, it's 100 times worse!

If one day, many years after Anderson's retirement he comes out and says "I was in on it the whole time, Chael and I talked on the phone regularly and we sold out a soccer arena!"... then I will admit, I will digest every word I've ever said about Chael Sonnen. A very large part me hopes that is the case... but in the meantime Chael honestly strikes me as either racist or just incredibly biased against a certain fighting style or specific fighting group, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see a reason for that.

**holy smokes, I have a slow day at work and didn't realize how long that rant went on. I'm not sorry for anything I said, but I do apologize for the insanely long read!
I believe Nick Diaz said it right, being the "bad guy" makes you climb up the ladder way faster than being nice.

1st off, why should he care that people see it as an a-hole?
2nd, if this is the price to pay to have better money, basically becoming more popular, fighting the best in the business etc... I'd do it in an instant


what you fail to understand is that, in NO way, form or shape, Sonnen is the way he shows most of the time, imagine, would Dana actually hire someone so aggressive, unstable and potentially dangerous? It happened before (Junie Browning) that UFC hired complete nutjobs, I think lately, especially with his "rhymes", Sonnen made it clear that it was only an act.

and it works, he's getting the big fights, and he's getting paid way more than if he was just one another wrestler in the UFC roster
hadoq is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 01:29 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
The thing is, Chael really is just baiting Silva. There are many interviews out there where he gives Anderson all the respect in the world for his accomplishments and place in the sport, and admits that he wasn't able to get the job done against the better man that night. Chael is doing what he has to do right now to get people talking. And when the numbers come in for the rematch, you'll understand, yet again, why he goes all out to sell a fight.

Bottom line... in reality, Chael Sonnen knows who and what Anderson Silva is.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,549
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
I've always been a fan of Bisping, however one night of Chael not being a complete douchebag doesn't erase years of it for me.

I've forever appreciated Chael's post fight interviews, he will usually tell you EXACTLY what happened to him. It's very annoying when guys talk about shots that made their legs go weak and say things like "I wasn't really hurt"... Chael will tell you how bad it hurt him, and apparently will go as far as to say he "might" have lost the fight. I give him all the credit in the world for this trait.

So what perplexes me is why he is such a F***ing asshole to Anderson Silva. Yes, I am an Anderson Silva die hard fan, but regardless of that fact. What exactly did this one man do that made him hate him so much? It certainly can't be based solely on the fact that Anderson beat him since all of his BS trash talk started before they even fought.

To be clear I'm actually okay with trash talk. I like Koscheck, and I like Bisping... but these guys will for the most part admit to hyping a fight. Chael has quoted hundreds of times that he never "hypes" fights... okay fine, so you really are just an asshole then? Jones and Evans have some serious trash talk going on, Evans and Rampage did as well... however there were obviously serious personal issues there... I don't see how it is possible that personal issues of such a magnitude arose to justify the things Sonnen says. I say this fully acknowledging that I'm not behind the scenes with these guys and we don't know. However, in my opinion. Calling someone a "fraud" repeatedly, a "sham of a person and a sham of a champion" is WAY over the line. I don't know what most of you do for a living, but just imagine someone you work with referring to you in such a way. The only difference here is Sonnen does it in front of millions, and he sleeps just fine at night afterwords... this is the embodyment of a lowlife!

Here is a preemptive strike on the "Chael's so much smarter than you and trolling you" BS. Chael is making things personal with a man, who in my opinion, will and SHOULD go down as one of the greatest of all time, an accolade Chael Sonnen will NEVER hold. I see absolutely no reason for it. It might sound like a ridiculous statement, but think about this for a second. If I called Canadian Phsyco, a member I greatly respect, a "low life sham of a person, a fraud, and a poor excuse for a human being", I would be banned from the forum, possibly forever. So again, how can anyone endorse a man doing it in front of millions of people on a regular basis? If you're saying to yourself right now 'well that's totally different!', you're absolutely right, it's 100 times worse!

If one day, many years after Anderson's retirement he comes out and says "I was in on it the whole time, Chael and I talked on the phone regularly and we sold out a soccer arena!"... then I will admit, I will digest every word I've ever said about Chael Sonnen. A very large part me hopes that is the case... but in the meantime Chael honestly strikes me as either racist or just incredibly biased against a certain fighting style or specific fighting group, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see a reason for that.

**holy smokes, I have a slow day at work and didn't realize how long that rant went on. I'm not sorry for anything I said, but I do apologize for the insanely long read!
Don't you love it when everybody quotes you?

Here's the point of view you refuse to see.

Chael Sonnen was in this sport for 10 years. for 10 years he was as respectful and as good a sportsman as his mentor Randy Couture. Did any of you know who Chael was in 2007?

Matt Lindland pulled out a crystal ball and showed chael his future in the prelims and on to strikeforce and helped him grab his own destiny by the balls and change it.

The fact that you and so many others get so worked up coupled with the fact that he is about to fight Anderson instead of Luke Rockhold is proof of what a great success he is.

Quote:
The post fight speech by @sonnench tonight was one of the greatest pieces of sports marketing I've ever seen. That shit was brilliant!
-Joe Rogan on twitter.

oldfan is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Featherweight
 
Ryan1522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,152
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Don't you love it when everybody quotes you?

Here's the point of view you refuse to see.

Chael Sonnen was in this sport for 10 years. for 10 years he was as respectful and as good a sportsman as his mentor Randy Couture. Did any of you know who Chael was in 2007?

Matt Lindland pulled out a crystal ball and showed chael his future in the prelims and on to strikeforce and helped him grab his own destiny by the balls and change it.

The fact that you and so many others get so worked up coupled with the fact that he is about to fight Anderson instead of Luke Rockhold is proof of what a great success he is.
This post sums up exactly what Chael is all about. He's just a guy trying to promote himself to make a coin. He's actually a good fighter (not a great fighter in my mind, but an exceptional wrestler) who is using the media as a resource to get people riled up and talking about him. The more exposure he gets, the more potential money he can make.

He's the best I've seen at using his voice to get an audience.

Always Supporting Fighters That Fight to Finish or be Finished


Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch
Ryan1522 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,384
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Don't you love it when everybody quotes you?

Here's the point of view you refuse to see.

Chael Sonnen was in this sport for 10 years. for 10 years he was as respectful and as good a sportsman as his mentor Randy Couture. Did any of you know who Chael was in 2007?

Matt Lindland pulled out a crystal ball and showed chael his future in the prelims and on to strikeforce and helped him grab his own destiny by the balls and change it.

The fact that you and so many others get so worked up coupled with the fact that he is about to fight Anderson instead of Luke Rockhold is proof of what a great success he is.

-Joe Rogan on twitter.
As usual my man, you make very good points.
BrianRClover is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,384
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmachine44 View Post
Jeez, you act like he was making fun of your mom or something...it's cool bro, everything is going to be okay.
Way to make valid points and add to the conversation. Great post.
BrianRClover is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome