**OFFICIAL** Josh Koscheck vs Mike Pierce Fight Discussion Thread - Page 11 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who wins this welterweight matchup?
Josh Koscheck 32 88.89%
Mike Pierce 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Herb should of deducted a point as well imo, and I had Pierce winning.
Of course he HAD TO lose ONE point! I don't see how fans aren't furious with his actions! He putted Johnson in surgery for his eye and he FACKED an eye poke in the fight! I really think he is the BIGGEST asshole in UFC today! And cause his is (was) a "big" name Dean did NOT deducted the point! One warning after one round, two, three, he POKES and Dean says " Last warning?!?!?" how on earth?! I really believe some fans does not understand how dangerous eye pokes are.
And he does it ALL the time on purpose! Really disgusted
GoodfellaGr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
I thought it should have been a deduction because if you are doing that constantly any eyepoke that results is an intentional foul to me. Bones did this to Rampage and really it is a dirty way of fighting and should be banned. A fighter shouldn't have to fear having his eyes gouged out every time he tries to move forward.

That being said Koscheck isn't getting better as a fighter he might even be getting worse.
osmium is offline  
post #103 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 104
                     
What a con this is.
Typical koscheck win...do **** all, watch the clock till round almost ends and attempt a takedown.
Whats the point in boxing if all of it is cancelled out by 1 takedown.
koscheck did not win this.

Ref warns him about his fingers. he doesn't listen and pokes his eye...what does he get...another warning.
Would the ref be so lenient if he wasn't a big name? I don't think so.

What a joke the scoring and reffing is.
loci is offline  
post #104 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Bantamweight
 
TheGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 578
                     
I thought Pierce won regardless of the point or not.

I also did not like the inconsistancy of herb dean after the caceras fight. Caceras gets a warning and then two points. Kos gets an warning and then nothing.....

I usually don't get on the refs nuts about calls but this is a judgement call that he has complete control over... he should at least be consistent throughout the night.

WAR LAUZON!
TheGreg is offline  
post #105 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreg View Post
I thought Pierce won regardless of the point or not.

I also did not like the inconsistancy of herb dean after the caceras fight. Caceras gets a warning and then two points. Kos gets an warning and then nothing.....

I usually don't get on the refs nuts about calls but this is a judgement call that he has complete control over... he should at least be consistent throughout the night.
He didn't issue the same type of warnings. He issued a very strong warning for the first low blow which basically means an automatic point deduction if he does it again regardless of severity.
osmium is offline  
post #106 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I thought it should have been a deduction because if you are doing that constantly any eyepoke that results is an intentional foul to me. Bones did this to Rampage and really it is a dirty way of fighting and should be banned. A fighter shouldn't have to fear having his eyes gouged out every time he tries to move forward.

That being said Koscheck isn't getting better as a fighter he might even be getting worse.
Koschheck has definitely peaked as a fighter, he's not going to be evolving any more. He'll soon become irrelevant in the WW division and be labelled as just another wrestleboxer.
Mckeever is offline  
post #107 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:47 PM
The Bearded One
 
AmdM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lisbon - Portugal
Posts: 4,085
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodfellaGr View Post
Of course he HAD TO lose ONE point! I don't see how fans aren't furious with his actions! He putted Johnson in surgery for his eye and he FACKED an eye poke in the fight! I really think he is the BIGGEST asshole in UFC today! And cause his is (was) a "big" name Dean did NOT deducted the point! One warning after one round, two, three, he POKES and Dean says " Last warning?!?!?" how on earth?! I really believe some fans does not understand how dangerous eye pokes are.
And he does it ALL the time on purpose! Really disgusted
I'm both disgusted by Kosh fingers in the opponents eyes strategy as i am with Herb for not taking a point.
It something to be fixed asap, we can't have that in mma.

McCall, Faber, Aldo, Nate, Nick, Lyoto, TBD, Hunt
Forever hanging in Anderson Silva nuts
AmdM is offline  
post #108 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Trix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,094
                     
In the replay it looked like Pierce ran his eye into Koscheck's finger.

Koscheck's finger can't help it if its minding its own business when ppl decide to ram it with their eyeballs.

I didn't think Koscheck intended it to happen & Pierce didn't seem too affected by it.

I wonder if Koscheck should retire.

I don't think he can hang with Vitor, Bisping or Anthony Johnson.

Not if he loses to Mike Pierce.
Trix is offline  
post #109 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,152
                     
Thought Pierce had this. Anyone hear the post conference about him moving camps from AKA to Fresno.

Anyways I think Kos is really embracing the whole villain MO. Expect Diaz vs Kos next...
No_Mercy is offline  
post #110 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Latvia
Posts: 3,861
                     
Funny how everyone's (well, not everyone obviously) crying about the Condit-Diaz decision, where the fighter who clearly won got the decision, but no one is complaining about this decision, just saying "I though Pierce won, but whatever".
Leed is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome