How the pros scored Condit/Diaz - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 02-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
T.Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 567
T.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
Your all argument of a guy making the other run after him thus controlling where the fight takes place equaling octogon control is totally BS.
Condit was backpedaling/running from corners because he was afraid of Diaz, therefore Diaz dictate that Condit ran for his life.
Again what you call "running" is simply foot-work 101.

Using lateral movement to out manouvre and effectively counter your opponent is basic and fundemental in any discipline.
T.Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Know what im sayin'?
 
"El Guapo"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: England
Posts: 545
"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now"El Guapo" is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Bone View Post
Because it was only for 1 min 30 secs... Condit was tagging him for 3 and a half mins before that.
The stand up was pretty even with carlos getting slightly better hits off ( Note- even without his TD, back mount he was still getting hits in). Still, Nick was always the aggressor.

ANYWAY Carlos did absolutely nothing that round that compares to nick getting a TD and obtaining full mount.

I suggest you rewatch it because I am completely baffled.
__________________


2012 FFL Team : Hector Lombard, Jake Shields, Demian Maia, Ed Herman, George Sotiropoulus
"El Guapo" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A pom living in Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 3,392
edlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I actually scored round 1,3,4 in favour of Condit with 2 and 5 going to Diaz. You can not and never will be able to get a definitive answer on whether 3 mins out outstriking outweighs getting back mount.

I dont think it's worth arguing about the decision as it was such a close fight and everyone values different aspects of fighting differently based on what background they come from or what dicipline they most value. I come from a boxing background therefore in terms of stand up i value landing strikes over everything else, others value control and aggression more.
__________________
edlavis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
T.Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 567
T.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by "El Guapo" View Post
The stand up was pretty even with carlos getting slightly better hits off ( Note- even without his TD, back mount he was still getting hits in). Still, Nick was always the aggressor.

ANYWAY Carlos did absolutely nothing that round that compares to nick getting a TD and obtaining full mount.

I suggest you rewatch it because I am completely baffled.
I've wathced it 3 times now. I'm baffled as to how you can say the standup was even after admitting Carlos got the better hits off, which in my eyes was for the majority of the round. Yes Nick got the TD but he wasn't able to do much after that and Carlos even ended up on top at the end of it.

And Nick may have been pressing forward but he was eating shots whilst doing so.

Edit: Also what edlavis88 said above me is very true. That's a purely subjective argument and I understand people see things completely differently.
T.Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 137
cursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Ballercursedbat Is A Baller
Oh lord please give me strength.

Well the pros scored Diaz because, well Diaz won its not that hard. I mean how many of you besides not being fighters, have went back and watched the fight 3-4 times, and did a punch count?

The only reason Condit came out ahead on strikes was those garbage leg taps he was doing as he jumped in and out. He did land more power shots in the 3-4 but not in the 1-2. And in the 5th Condit was not ahead on strikes go watch it again and count and then Diaz scored the only take down of the fight and controlled him on the ground for 1:30 minutes. He went for a heel lock at the last second Carlos wasnt on top as far as being in control ever. Sorry sometimes that might win you the round.

Put aside the fact that Carlos was no killer, or finisher, he came in to do a stand up tactical version of the lay and pray concocted by his weak camp who are known for $hit like that. Dont act like it was genius and I wont act like despite the fact that Diaz really won, he should have finished that runner or now make it his new life goal to get back in there and break him instead of retiring which is bad for the sport and the fans.

Be real it just kills me when people call one guy a baby for being fed-up with the system and call the other guy Mr wizard for using a cowards point strategy while claiming hes a warrior. How about a banker because thats what Carlos went for at the cost of his reputation and character.

Last edited by cursedbat : 02-06-2012 at 08:16 AM.
cursedbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
T.Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 567
T.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enoughT.Bone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedbat View Post
Oh lord please give me strength.

Well the pros scored Diaz because, well Diaz won its not that hard. I mean how many of you besides not being fighters, have went back and watched the fight 3-4 times, and did a punch count?

The only reason Condit came out ahead on strikes was those garbage leg taps he was doing as he jumped in and out. He did land more power shots in the 3-4 but not in the 1-2. And in the 5th Condit was not ahead on strikes go watch it again and count and then Diaz scored the only take down of the fight and controlled him on the ground for 1:30 minutes. He went for a heel lock at the last second Carlos wasnt on top as far as being in control ever. Sorry sometimes that might win you the round.

Put aside the fact that Carlos was no killer, or finisher, he came in to do a stand up tactical version of the lay and pray concocted by his weak camp who are known for $hit like that. Dont act like it was genius and I wont act like despite the fact that Diaz really won, he should have finished that runner or now make it his new life goal to get back in there and break him instead of retiring which is bad for the sport and the fans.

Be real it just kills me when people call one guy a baby for being fed-up with the system and call the other guy Mr wizard for using a cowards point strategy while claiming hes a warrior. How about a banker because thats what Carlos went for at the cost of his reputation and character.
You know what... I'm convinced! You're doing a great job
T.Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Octagon Control went to Condit. If you are implying that Diaz took Octagon Control then you should start by learning what it is first. If you are not implying this then i apologize for wasting your time. I apologize about my apology for wasting your time to read that. I also apologize about my apology apology...... you get the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedbat View Post
Oh lord please give me strength.

Well the pros scored Diaz because, well Diaz won
its not that hard. I mean how many of you besides not being fighters, have went back and watched the fight 3-4 times, and did a punch count?

The only reason Condit came out ahead on strikes was those garbage leg taps he was doing as he jumped in and out. He did land more power shots in the 3-4 but not in the 1-2. And in the 5th Diaz was slightly ahead when he scored the only take down of the fight and controlled him on the ground for 1:30 minutes. Sorry sometimes that might win you the round.

Put aside the fact that Carlos was no killer, or finisher, he came in to do a stand up tactical version of the lay and pray concocted by his weak camp who are known for $hit like that. Dont act like it was genius and I wont act like despite the fact that Diaz really won, he should have finished that runner or now make it his new life goal to get back in there and break him instead of retiring which is bad for the sport and the fans.

Be real it just kills me when people call one guy a baby for being fed-up with the system and call the other guy Mr wizard for using a cowards point strategy while claiming hes a warrior. How about a banker because thats what Carlos went for at the cost of his reputation and character.
Lmao.. First two sentences and you say the 2 dumbest things. And i thought fighters thanking god after the fight was dumb.... this certainly tops that.

and i think you might be permanently on acid since you are seeing things and have a warped view on reality.

Diaz being played like a fiddle while walking at Condit.

-








Diaz telling Condit "Dude what the hell are you doing. I had no idea we are allowed to use strategy when fighting. All my other opponents just stood there while i punched them in the jaw repeatedly. Cmon man... help a brotha out... be still."



Diazs "surprised" face when finding out kicks are allowed in MMA.





Condit not taking any risks by throwing a flying knee. And again it is something that Diaz is baffled by.




Condit outclassing Diaz by beating him to the punch in every exchange.








The obvious and justified end result.









(Condit)->

(Diaz)->

(Diaz Fans)->

(Me and many others)->
__________________

Last edited by SideWays222 : 02-06-2012 at 09:35 AM.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,166
Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
Footwork. When Muhammad Ali does it he's the best ever. When anyone else does it, they're running scared.
__________________



MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
MMA fighter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dessel, Belgium
Posts: 198
Blog Entries: 1
kney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
Footwork. When Muhammad Ali does it he's the best ever. When anyone else does it, they're running scared.
True!
Rep+
kney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
Footwork. When Muhammad Ali does it he's the best ever. When anyone else does it, they're running scared.
Can we call this the Diaz Defense from now on?

This fight showed what I've been telling people about Diaz for a while. Every time someone has called Diaz the best boxer in mma I've had to correct them. He has a good chin and good hands but his power, head movement, and footwork are crap. If you don't allow him to back you up against the cage he can't really work his game on you.

Condit and Greg Jackson saw this, planned for it, and made Diaz look like a frustrated bitch. And Diaz knew it. He was broken mentally after the third round. Watch how he dealt with his corner between rounds and his body language. That's a broken man.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios