Jared Carlsten vs Cristiano Marcello thoughts? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
                     
Jared Carlsten vs Cristiano Marcello thoughts?

I was a bit upset watching Jared lose as a member of 10th planet JJ. I do believe this was an unbalanced match. Cristiano Marcello has trained BJJ for nearly 20 years and i believe he was too dominant for Jared. I think he's gonna be the winner of this season.
MCDOJO101 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Amateur
 
Fard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 193
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDOJO101 View Post
I was a bit upset watching Jared lose as a member of 10th planet JJ. I do believe this was an unbalanced match. Cristiano Marcello has trained BJJ for nearly 20 years and i believe he was too dominant for Jared. I think he's gonna be the winner of this season.
Wasn't a great matchup for Jared style-wise. When your main attribute is strong BJJ and you're fighting a guy with better BJJ, it is what it is.
Marcello looked impressive on the ground, but I can imagine that strikers with good TDD might give him some problems.

You know what dog food tastes like? Do you? It tastes just like it smells... delicious.
Tyrone Biggums
Fard is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,369
                     
They will knock him out - no way is he winning the series. His BJJ is amazing though, so slick on the ground.

Joabbuac is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
                     
yeah i agree but i also thought his unorthodox 10th planet JJ might have some effect on marcello but it clearly didn't. As soon as he got the mount, i was like this guy is done...
MCDOJO101 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,225
                     
Marcello obviously has fantastic BJJ, and Carlsten disappointed after he was hyped as an Eddie Bravo black belt. But, I think Marcello will be beaten early by someone with good standup and TDD. One-dimensional guys like him and Maia and Leites are old guard (pun intended).
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
Marcello obviously has fantastic BJJ, and Carlsten disappointed after he was hyped as an Eddie Bravo black belt. But, I think Marcello will be beaten early by someone with good standup and TDD. One-dimensional guys like him and Maia and Leites are old guard (pun intended).
Not to mention he was also a former Pride fighter. I didn't know who he was and i heard he's known for his fight in the backstage where he choked out some dude in a triangle.
MCDOJO101 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Bantamweight
 
systemdnb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 929
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDOJO101 View Post
Not to mention he was also a former Pride fighter. I didn't know who he was and i heard he's known for his fight in the backstage where he choked out some dude in a triangle.
That was a f'n funny video. It was Krazy horse that he choked out.

It hind site the first post in this thread is GOLD.
systemdnb is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,163
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemdnb View Post
That was a f'n funny video. It was Krazy horse that he choked out.

It hind site the first post in this thread is GOLD.
Yeah Wanderlei was in that video as well. Almost looked like he was playing somewhat of an instigator role actually.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome