Chael Sonnen.... - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
No one has said that Chael Sonnen is the salt of the earth. I think he legitimately disliked Anderson and took the mudslinging a bit far, but then we've all been guilty of that. I'm not particularly mean spirited, but I can get downright nasty with those people who rub me the wrong way. That itself doesn't make me a bad person.

And if - in this day and age - a little bit of money laundering makes someone evil, then I imagine you're seriously sheltered from the realities of the world. I'd say drunk driving is a worse offence. Not that I condone criminal activity, but some perspective is always nice.

Steroid/TRT use... yeah, I guess 3/4s of the MMA profession is filled with bad seeds.

Again, no one said the man is a saint. Chael's done and said some messed up things. But that doesn't mean that he's incapable of showing respect or helping others.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
A guy can be a dick without being one to every random guy that crosses his path.

In general I'd say his dozens of misdeeds, steroid/TRT use, mudslinging, family and xenophopic insults, cheap antics and reputation in his own community count for more than some scripted crap and jokes he tells on a reality TV show, but maybe that's just me.
Well your entitled to your opinion but most of what you mentioned is personal distaste not a general checklist for a bad person, the mortgage fraud is where I would place the most stock into being pro for your critique.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,328
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
No one has said that Chael Sonnen is the salt of the earth. I think he legitimately disliked Anderson and took the mudslinging a bit far, but then we've all been guilty of that. I'm not particularly mean spirited, but I can get downright nasty with those people who rub me the wrong way. That itself doesn't make me a bad person.

And if - in this day and age - a little bit of money laundering makes someone evil, then I imagine you're seriously sheltered from the realities of the world. I'd say drunk driving is a worse offence. Not that I condone criminal activity, but some perspective is always nice.

Steroid/TRT use... yeah, I guess 3/4s of the MMA profession is filled with bad seeds.

Again, no one said the man is a saint. Chael's done and said some messed up things. But that doesn't mean that he's incapable of showing respect or helping others.
3/4th of the mma world is on TRT? I would be quite impressed to see a source on that one, but I suspect we are both aware you pulled that one outta your ass. Even counting the 5-6 known TRT users on the ufc's roster, that's less than 3% of their total.

When did I say Chael is capable of no good? I mentioned his positive qualities in my first post didn't I? All this "Chael's a great guy" and "It's all an act lawlz" is a bunch of bollocks. Based on so much evidence, the guy is decidedly middle of the road, firmly across the line of douche but well shy of the line of "evil" which you guys are trying to put in my mouth.

And yes if you go around mudslinging against someone's wife and country to his face without any direct provocation from the person himself.to you, just because you "dislike" him, then it makes you kind of a douche too.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
At least he drives sober.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,328
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
At least he drives sober.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
That's where repentance makes a difference. Jones publicly apologized for his actions and there is no sign of such foolishness from him since.

Chael continues to Juice/TRT, made his crass "medium rare" comment about anderson's wife in the post fight presser even after curling up in a ball less an hour before, made jokes about his arrest, continues to be a disrespectful douche in general.

Thats the difference
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 AM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
3/4th of the mma world is on TRT? I would be quite impressed to see a source on that one, but I suspect we are both aware you pulled that one outta your ass. Even counting the 5-6 known TRT users on the ufc's roster, that's less than 3% of their total.
You mentioned 'steroids/TRT' directly. I even used 'steroids/TRT' in my response. If you're going to directly reference steroids, don't later neglect said reference just so that you can make a snarky, inconsequential remark. It just makes you look lazy.

Quote:
When did I say Chael is capable of no good? I mentioned his positive qualities in my first post didn't I? All this "Chael's a great guy" and "It's all an act lawlz" is a bunch of bollocks. Based on so much evidence, the guy is decidedly middle of the road, firmly across the line of douche but well shy of the line of "evil" which you guys are trying to put in my mouth.
As I mentioned previously, very few people here claim Chael's a saint. I may be the man's biggest fan at this forum, and I've just admitted that he's done and said some inappropriate things. Again, ignoring others' posts just so that you can bolster your own point makes you look lazy.

If I'm to understand you correctly, all you've really said is that Chael is capable of both good and bad. My, God... someone alert the media. Mankind is capable of good AND bad deeds! We've uncovered the secrets of humanity!

Quote:
And yes if you go around mudslinging against someone's wife and country to his face without any direct provocation from the person himself.to you, just because you "dislike" him, then it makes you kind of a douche too.
Or an entertainer

The PPV buys speak for themselves. Sometimes, you've got to sell. I can understand why some might find it unsavoury, but I suppose I'm just not that much of a big, frilly blouse.

Beating a man so badly he loses all feeling in his face is just fine, but a corny, off-the-cuff remark about a man's wife is where we draw the line. Got it.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,328
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
You mentioned 'steroids/TRT' directly. I even used 'steroids/TRT' in my response. If you're going to directly reference steroids, don't later neglect said reference just so that you can make a snarky, inconsequential remark. It just makes you look lazy.
Oh Steroids AND TRT my bad then that's definitely more than 75%

Seriously, just toss in the, what, 3 or 4 current UFC fighters that have been busted for steroids and that's still like 4% of the roster when combined with TRT users. If you want to also count guys that were historically in the UFC like Barnett, Sylvia etc., then the percentage is even lower, counting the total as ALL UFC fighters in history. 75% it is not. Unsubstantiated opinion, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
As I mentioned previously, very few people here claim Chael's a saint. I may be the man's biggest fan at this forum, and I've just admitted that he's done and said some inappropriate things. Again, ignoring others' posts just so that you can bolster your own point makes you look lazy.

If I'm to understand you correctly, all you've really said is that Chael is capable of both good and bad. My, God... someone alert the media. Mankind is capable of good AND bad deeds! We've uncovered the secrets of humanity!
Oh wow all humans are capable of good and bad, what a concept!

With such genius, here's another difficult concept ... different humans also do different DEGREES of good and bad, and it's ok, even wise, to recognize that.

I'm sure Hitler had some good qualities too .. good orator, organizer etc. Clearly Diana had some bad qualities (extramarital affairs etc. due to loveless marriage). So are Hitler and Diana the same?? Or was Hitler a bit of a douche, you know, gassing a few million jews here and there, and maybe Diana's flaws are smaller and maybe her whole landmines charity crusade was a teeny bit nicer than gassing the jews.

Chael is OKAY. Not good. He's a douche. A small one, but a douche. Cain is a good guy. Aldo is a nice guy. GSP is a pretty nice guy. Chael, not really. I'm sure Cain and Aldo aren't perfect either, but OVERALL, they're definitely less douchy and more respectable fighters and people. I don't hate chael, but I'm not a fan and never will be as long as he stays the guy he is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Or an entertainer

The PPV buys speak for themselves. Sometimes, you've got to sell. I can understand why some might find it unsavoury, but I suppose I'm just not that much of a big, frilly blouse.

Beating a man so badly he loses all feeling in his face is just fine, but a corny, off-the-cuff remark about a man's wife is where we draw the line. Got it.
Or a douche. Aside from his PPV with the greatest fighter in all of history, his PPVs are ... meh. And many others have gotten good or even better (Brock) ppvs without sinking to his level.

Yes, it's ok to beat a man till he loses feeling, IF HE SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR THAT IN A SPORT, with a referee for safety. It's called free will. If you do it to some random guy on the streets without provocation, you get tossed in jail.

Anderson's wife didn't sign up for insults though, and neither did every brazilian.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
so you dont like fight promotion huh?


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,552
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
.... but maybe that's just me.

maybe so


...poor chael. I'll bet if he had time to read some of these posts he would just be devastated.

oldfan is offline  
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,328
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
so you dont like fight promotion huh?
Not the Chael/Diaz level stuff no. If I wanted that, I'd watch WWE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
maybe so


...poor chael. I'll bet if he had time to read some of these posts he would just be devastated.
That's ok I can settle for some butthurt reactions from his worshippers
Liddellianenko is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome