Chael Sonnen.... - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 AM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Yes, I'm terribly 'butt-hurt'. You can think whatever you like of Chael, as is the majesty of freedom of opinion. It doesn't affect me one way or the other. You simply made it sound as though most of us view him as the second coming of Mother Teresa, which is far from true. I've seen very, very few people here refer to Chael as a saint. Some have maybe said, 'He's generally a nice guy with some quirks', but that's about it. You blew things out of proportion and got called on it. That doesn't make anyone 'butt-hurt'.

And you're right, Brock never cut promos...
Canadian Psycho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,335
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Yes, I'm terribly 'butt-hurt'. You can think whatever you like of Chael, as is the majesty of freedom of opinion. It doesn't affect me one way or the other. You simply made it sound as though most of us view him as the second coming of Mother Teresa, which is far from true. I've seen very, very few people here refer to Chael as a saint. Some have maybe said, 'He's generally a nice guy with some quirks', but that's about it. You blew things out of proportion and got called on it. That doesn't make anyone 'butt-hurt'.

And you're right, Brock never cut promos...
To that sir:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
All the people that liked chael already knew he was a great guy and was only acting
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMATycoon View Post
Some people are just jealous of his greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Hexrei has always had the hatorade for chael so nothing ne wthere, i'm just shocked that people are shocked that there's 2 different chaels and they are both brilliant
Not quite Mother Teresa, but close.

Brock didn't bring families or countries into it, or use TRT/Steroids (within his UFC career at least), or fake tap, or even go after anyone who didn't go after him first (Mir and Herring). Different story.

Anyway you are free to like who you like, I just couldn't help myself in bringing some perspective into the mush fest here and letting Hex get hated on for making a legit point.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 AM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,697
                     
I wonder how that'll go.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:41 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,168
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
To that sir:







Not quite Mother Teresa, but close.

Brock didn't bring families or countries into it, or use TRT/Steroids (within his UFC career at least), or fake tap, or even go after anyone who didn't go after him first (Mir and Herring). Different story.

Anyway you are free to like who you like, I just couldn't help myself in bringing some perspective into the mush fest here and letting Hex get hated on for making a legit point.
are you forgetting brock making fun of cain and his heritage?


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:56 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,335
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
are you forgetting brock making fun of cain and his heritage?
Oh yeah forgot about that tbh. Still, that was pretty mild ... eating a burrito and drinking a corona after beating Cain. Nothing wrong with eating burritos or drinking corona really, I enjoy both, no real negative stereotypes there or anything. A bit mocking and not the most tasteful thing to say either I agree, and he got his ass whupped badly for it and deserved it.

Brock did lose a bit of respect from me on that one and I remember some of his other fans on here not liking it much either, this was different from him retaliating to Mir and Herring, but like I said, pretty mild.

Still not a patch on essentially calling all Brazilian kids a bunch of mud soaking beggars, all Brazilian guys purse snatching thugs, telling a guy you'll grope his wife and so on. I think it's fairly obvious the difference in degrees of douchebaggery there.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 03:02 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,168
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Well I don't know about you but I can't watch a fight I have no feeling towards who I want to win even if I bet real money on it, I bet on the condit vs gsp fight to go GSP's way by decision but I still didn't watch it because I didn't care who won they did me no emotional reason to watch the fight out of hate or love of either fighter.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 04:00 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,335
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Well I don't know about you but I can't watch a fight I have no feeling towards who I want to win even if I bet real money on it, I bet on the condit vs gsp fight to go GSP's way by decision but I still didn't watch it because I didn't care who won they did me no emotional reason to watch the fight out of hate or love of either fighter.
GSP vs Condit is a bad example because GSP is just so dominant and it wasn't a very likely upset. It's not that interesting to watch when there isn't a whole lot of mystery, bad blood has less to do with it.

You wouldn't watch a Bones vs Anderson fight just because they don't hate each other? I'd pay 3 times as much for that as I'd pay for any bad blood fight. It's about the skills, not how much crap they talk.

Sonnen vs Anderson II was interesting because of the 4.5 rounds of pounding in the first fight against a guy that looked invincible. Phil baroni talks crap all he wants but no one cares.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 04:50 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,168
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
GSP vs Condit is a bad example because GSP is just so dominant and it wasn't a very likely upset. It's not that interesting to watch when there isn't a whole lot of mystery, bad blood has less to do with it.

You wouldn't watch a Bones vs Anderson fight just because they don't hate each other? I'd pay 3 times as much for that as I'd pay for any bad blood fight. It's about the skills, not how much crap they talk.

Sonnen vs Anderson II was interesting because of the 4.5 rounds of pounding in the first fight against a guy that looked invincible. Phil baroni talks crap all he wants but no one cares.
Well obviously when I say bad blood I also mean the fighters have to be pretty good as you mentioned with chael/anderson example, and I would watch jones vs anderson but without having someone to root for it would be pretty hard for me to enjoy, but I would be on jones side anyways just to make a new phenom from beating the GOAT.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 PM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,697
                     
Who cares about bad blood when two fighters are extremely skilled? A good fight is a good fight regardless of personal feelings. Silva versus Jones is a compelling fight cause of the skill set.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,168
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Who cares about bad blood when two fighters are extremely skilled? A good fight is a good fight regardless of personal feelings. Silva versus Jones is a compelling fight cause of the skill set.
You can watched a skilled fight anywhere like bellator or an asian promotion etc but noone wants to on a large scale because there is no real bad blood or feeling and promotion for that. Thats how all the biggest draws become big draws with the exception of GSP, they all provoke and insult like mayweather and margarito was a good draw and tyson and ali.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome