Ronda Rousey submits Uriah Hall twice on TUF 17 - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada, West Coast
Posts: 836
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
To see if a youtube video is already posted the best away is to search for his id tag.
If you search for: "glCAiJpfAFE"
This thread and the other will appear in the search results.
Thanks for the tip.
onip69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,096
                     
Wow. Ronda submitted a guy while she was giving 90% and he was giving 10. SO COOL!

Will make predictions for credits. Please, I'm so broke.
AlphaDawg is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,657
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
Wow. Ronda submitted a guy while she was giving 90% and he was giving 10. SO COOL!
And you know that how?
Soojooko is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
I understand that Ronda is tough and could easily tap someone like me, but Hall is what you nerds call a Sith Lord. I tend to believe that were he going anywhere near full force, he'd overpower and potentially injure Ronda. I don't see it as a stretch that one of the most violent men in the show's history would hold back and not risk hurting (a) a woman, and (b) one of the UFC's biggest stars.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,657
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I understand that Ronda is tough and could easily tap someone like me, but Hall is what you nerds call a Sith Lord. I tend to believe that were he going anywhere near full force, he'd overpower and potentially injure Ronda. I don't see it as a stretch that one of the most violent men in the show's history would hold back and not risk hurting (a) a woman, and (b) one of the UFC's biggest stars.
If they we're fighting MMA, I would totally agree. But pure grappling? I dunno. He looked pretty fecking humbled in the interview. I'm not saying he was going full power to beat Rousy... but he was certainly trying his damnedest to not get armbarred and he couldn't stop it. Thats impressive which ever way you cut it.
Soojooko is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,249
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
If they we're fighting MMA, I would totally agree. But pure grappling? I dunno. He looked pretty fecking humbled in the interview. I'm not saying he was going full power to beat Rousy... but he was certainly trying his damnedest to not get armbarred and he couldn't stop it. Thats impressive which ever way you cut it.
Yes. Full MMA with striking allowed, he'd probably KO her pretty quickly, but in pure grappling a big technique advantage beats a big strength advantage, that's what using leverage is about. And keep in mind she is a fricking bronze medalist Olympian. And once she has the setup, his arm muscles are not stronger than her back muscles anyways.
Voiceless is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Uriah clearly isn't competing.

This is a dude that had people crying about training with him because of his intensity.

This is just pandering to the cameras and to Ronda the pseudo-celeb.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Uriah clearly isn't competing.

This is a dude that had people crying about training with him because of his intensity.

This is just pandering to the cameras and to Ronda the pseudo-celeb.
Didn't he also get all pouty because he got subbed in training by someone? Little frownyface time sitting on the mat?

Anyway obviously she was supposed to be demonstrating technique, not really testing them, and they were goofing around some and we are still seeing only a portion of what all happened. But, nonetheless, I bet once she sinks an armbar even on a big talented guy its tough to defend.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 03:21 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,733
                     
"Oh no not again!"

Made me laugh.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,383
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Never took to Ronda, but she's defo a legit badass. Lol she OWNED him!
LizaG is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome