How many here see Joe winning the show? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
People are overlooking Cole and Brandon. Cole looks to have an impressive ground game and as far as I've seen Brandon is the best striker on the show, he looked lethal.

Manny is also being overlooked.

It's real hard to tell who is going to win this season. You could tell from the early stages of the last few seasons Bisping, Joe, and Diego were going to win, and it was either going to be Ed, Kalib, or Kendall. Everyone pretty much knew Matt Serra was going to win TUF4.

This season is up in the air, aside from Hill it's anyones to win.
You are right its anyones game. But I just am hoping Joe pulls it off. The kid is relentless. He never stops. I used to have this video of his, that had him fighting his brother in the grass. Like mma style. It had some of his fights, and a bunch of his submissions in grappling tourneys. I cant find it anymore. Its drivin me nuts. Here is a different HL of his though.
Joe Lauzon Highlights - Google Video

edit* here it is Joe Lauzon Highlight Video - Nov 2005 - Google Video
The guy at 3:09 is a friend of mine, who is a very good grappler.

Its crazy, check out how he leaves his lead leg out there baiting them to go for the single leg, and then scissors them into a leglock/heelhook

Last edited by j.farrell; 05-14-2007 at 08:50 PM.
j.farrell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 07:33 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 68
                 
I really think that like others have said this season is a little more up for grabs than the others. Joe is an awsome exciting fighter, but being that agressive can also leave some holes in your game for an experienced fighter to take advantage off. I also really like the styles of Cole Miller and Manny. Cole has a great bjj backround through American Top Team and Manny has big judo backround through his cousin Karo. Any way these next few episodes go I think this season has brought out some excellent LW talent and the division is much better for it.
frankinaug is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Always Has Been, Always Will Be...
 
CopperShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,847
                     
Let it be known that Joe will win the whole thing, and that Nate Diaz is a b or even c-level fighter. Lauzon VS Mat = Finals.

You don't know who I am? You must be new.
CopperShark is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:13 AM
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinaug
I really think that like others have said this season is a little more up for grabs than the others. Joe is an awsome exciting fighter, but being that agressive can also leave some holes in your game for an experienced fighter to take advantage off. I also really like the styles of Cole Miller and Manny. Cole has a great bjj backround through American Top Team and Manny has big judo backround through his cousin Karo. Any way these next few episodes go I think this season has brought out some excellent LW talent and the division is much better for it.
I dont know if you watched the second video in my last post. But Joe has this crazy way of making it look like he has left something open, and then capitolizing on his opponents eagerness to attack. Or maybe he is just a really good counter fighter. Either way he is dangerous. I hear what you are saying though. Its good that this show is going to produce a whole new crop of fighters to load up the LW division.
j.farrell is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Heavyweight
 
e-thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 3,896
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.farrell
You are right its anyones game. But I just am hoping Joe pulls it off. The kid is relentless. He never stops. I used to have this video of his, that had him fighting his brother in the grass. Like mma style. It had some of his fights, and a bunch of his submissions in grappling tourneys. I cant find it anymore. Its drivin me nuts. Here is a different HL of his though.
Joe Lauzon Highlights - Google Video

edit* here it is Joe Lauzon Highlight Video - Nov 2005 - Google Video
The guy at 3:09 is a friend of mine, who is a very good grappler.

Its crazy, check out how he leaves his lead leg out there baiting them to go for the single leg, and then scissors them into a leglock/heelhook

Repped on the video, nice find. I cant believe his bro swung a punch at him after he submitted him!
e-thug is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 PM
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-thug
Repped on the video, nice find. I cant believe his bro swung a punch at him after he submitted him!
I know!!! LMAO!! That shit was so funny to me. Thats brothers for you.
j.farrell is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:39 PM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
if joe has koed Jens then why isnt he coaching the show?

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter
if joe has koed Jens then why isnt he coaching the show?
It makes sense to have Jens coach the show. Him and BJ have a history. They are trying to shine some light on the LW division. I think that was the plan to have BJ and Jens coach when they got Jens back. Joe wasnt supposed to win that fight. He shocked everyone. Even Dana. Someone made a bet with Dana that Joe gets to drive his Ferari if he beat Jens. Dana took the bet, but still hasnt paid up on it. Anyway, I think after Joe won they were like, shit, we mine as well throw him on the show to stir up things.
j.farrell is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 02:48 PM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.farrell
It makes sense to have Jens coach the show. Him and BJ have a history. They are trying to shine some light on the LW division. I think that was the plan to have BJ and Jens coach when they got Jens back. Joe wasnt supposed to win that fight. He shocked everyone. Even Dana. Someone made a bet with Dana that Joe gets to drive his Ferari if he beat Jens. Dana took the bet, but still hasnt paid up on it. Anyway, I think after Joe won they were like, shit, we mine as well throw him on the show to stir up things.
yha I know I just jokeing.

wouldnt have been weird if he was on jens team.

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
LIE or DIE
 
6sidedlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,931
Blog Entries: 1
                     
I predicted Joe to win it since I heard he'll be on the show. I remember seeing his highlight and grapping videos a while back and they were effin impressive.

Still think EVERYONE but a few is looking past Cole Miller. The sleeper pick.



TEAM LORD:
1. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
2. Nate Marquardt
3. Goran Reljic
4. Amir Saddolah

RANKING: TBA
TOTAL POINTS: +TBA
6sidedlie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome