Marlon Sims...not so tough after all. - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Amatuer
 
Bliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 104
 
I like characters when I'm watching TUF, so naturally I enjoyed Marlon Sims this season. I was trying to figure out why I liked him and the reason is, is because he's like a goofy superhero. The superhero that messes everything up, but still goes around acting like he just saved the world. I kinda wish he would of won that fight so he could of gone around bragging afterwards. He pretty much got destroyed, but that one shot he landed showed that he did have some decent striking power.
Bliz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
                     
I actually like Marlon Sims, just because he's been the most entertaining aspect of the show. The story about taking on a bunch of guys at once had me in tears, because you could just picture that scene in a cheesy mixed martial arts movie.

When the fight started and he advanced on Wiman, I actually forgot what a douche he was and I was like, "Uh oh, this guy might take Wiman's head off". Boy, was I wrong. Also, I then remembered how much of a douche he was when he called it a "lucky punch".
TheJame is offline  
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned
 
Negative1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,238
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Man he got destroyed. He reminds me of all these guys that brag about everything they can do better than everyone else specially if there is noone there from his past to say otherwise.

It wouldnt surprise me if it was him that scrapped out buddy in the backyard, street fighters have no dignity or self consciousness to think about why that is pointless.

But he did leave a worse mark of the 2 shots that were thrown.
Negative1 is offline  
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative1
Man he got destroyed. He reminds me of all these guys that brag about everything they can do better than everyone else specially if there is noone there from his past to say otherwise.

It wouldnt surprise me if it was him that scrapped out buddy in the backyard, street fighters have no dignity or self consciousness to think about why that is pointless.

But he did leave a worse mark of the 2 shots that were thrown.
He didn't get destroyed. Both guys punched eachother at the same time, Wiman showed a good chin and Marlon didn't. Did you happen to see Wimans face after the fight? He had a brutal shiner so he took a hard punch.

And anyway Marlon is cool, it always cracks me up on how people look at him when he's telling his stories, when he's talking to Manny in the sauna I couldn't stop laughing.

He also took his loss with plenty of dignity, even if he said it was a lucky shot, aside from that he took it like a man.

You're just a cook...
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Bantamweight
 
kgilstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 706
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
He didn't get destroyed. Both guys punched eachother at the same time, Wiman showed a good chin and Marlon didn't. Did you happen to see Wimans face after the fight? He had a brutal shiner so he took a hard punch.

And anyway Marlon is cool, it always cracks me up on how people look at him when he's telling his stories, when he's talking to Manny in the sauna I couldn't stop laughing.

He also took his loss with plenty of dignity, even if he said it was a lucky shot, aside from that he took it like a man.
Sorry dude, but saying "I'll never tap" is just ****en stupid. Anyone that trains MMA knows that it is stupid not to tap if they are gonna break your ****en arm. All that means is a longer recovery for no ****en reason. If some guy gets you, oh ****en well, yo can get him next time...that's a man. Saying you'll never tap, is continuing to try and hype yourself up to something your not. This is a sport, not a bar fight. Learn and train another day.
kgilstrap is offline  
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilstrap
Sorry dude, but saying "I'll never tap" is just ****en stupid. Anyone that trains MMA knows that it is stupid not to tap if they are gonna break your ****en arm. All that means is a longer recovery for no ****en reason. If some guy gets you, oh ****en well, yo can get him next time...that's a man. Saying you'll never tap, is continuing to try and hype yourself up to something your not. This is a sport, not a bar fight. Learn and train another day.
A lot of people say they'll never tap, big shit.

Marlon didn't be a ***** about his loss, that's what I meant, he basically said Wiman was the better man and it's over and done with now.

You're just a cook...
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Bantamweight
 
kgilstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 706
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
A lot of people say they'll never tap, big shit.

Marlon didn't be a ***** about his loss, that's what I meant, he basically said Wiman was the better man and it's over and done with now.
Big shit? You said he took his loss with dignity...I disagree and I stated why.
kgilstrap is offline  
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
He did, he admited Wiman was the better fighter, I don't know what else you want.

Because he said he'll never tap doesn't mean he showed no dignity.

Besides, he probably would never tap, 300 street fights should definitely be accounted for. He's been through a lot more worse than an arm bar or leg lock. Remember that.

You're just a cook...

Last edited by Alex_DeLarge; 05-19-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Lightweight
 
DropKick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,578
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
Besides, he probably would never tap, 300 street fights should definitely be accounted for. He's been through a lot more worse than an arm bar or leg lock. Remember that.
I hope you are joking here.
DropKick is offline  
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Bantamweight
 
kgilstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 706
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge
Besides, he probably would never tap, 300 street fights should definitely be accounted for. He's been through a lot more worse than an arm bar or leg lock. Remember that.
Ummmm....I don't think I can ever take anything you say seriously again, if this is not a joke?

Last edited by kgilstrap; 05-19-2007 at 01:00 AM.
kgilstrap is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome