TUF 6 Has a Slight Rules Change - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cry Havoc
 
IcemanCometh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Working in the City.
Posts: 2,912
IcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level now
TUF 6 Has a Slight Rules Change

I love this rules change and think going forward the show will that much better for it. First they got rid of the stupid challenges and then cut out one whole weight class-whcih I also loved. Now the coaches cannot "have the hammer" and make easy fights for their fighters. I think this is going to be the best season-eva.

Thoughts...

Link:“The Ultimate Fighter 6″ Will Include Small Rules Change -- UFC news at UFCjunkie.com
“Now, what we’ve done is this. With the coin toss, you pick the first fighter or you pick the first fight. But if you pick the first fight, it only means you get to pick that one matchup because after that, it alternates.“

In other words, a coach can’t go on a winning streak and play matchmaker for an extended period of time.

“We wanted to make the whole process a little more balanced going forward,” Diamond said.
__________________
IcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
that's awesome. i hated how every episode was literally about makin the easiest fight possible. it's dumb. it should be about the best matchups, like it would be in reality. what are you learning if your coaches only ever have you fight the easy fight?
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
brownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
that's awesome. i hated how every episode was literally about makin the easiest fight possible. it's dumb. it should be about the best matchups, like it would be in reality. what are you learning if your coaches only ever have you fight the easy fight?
I disagree completely. The reason why that was good, was because we would have all the tomato cans like Andy Wang and Danny Abbadi out in the first round. Now if it is alternating, expect for a lot of the weaker guys to make it through to the next round, and for some good fighters to get eliminated early. Did you guys see how perfect TUF 5 ended up in the match making process? All the cans got eliminated early.

I personally liked the old way better. If you win, you get control.
__________________
Support Mixed Martial Arts, not Ultimate Fighting

brownpimp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Cowmilker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 300
Cowmilker is on a distinguished roadCowmilker is on a distinguished roadCowmilker is on a distinguished roadCowmilker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
I disagree completely. The reason why that was good, was because we would have all the tomato cans like Andy Wang and Danny Abbadi out in the first round. Now if it is alternating, expect for a lot of the weaker guys to make it through to the next round, and for some good fighters to get eliminated early. Did you guys see how perfect TUF 5 ended up in the match making process? All the cans got eliminated early.

I personally liked the old way better. If you win, you get control.
Exactly. I don't see how this would benefit the show at all, but whatever. I think that they should pick the weakest fighters out, because if not you might end up with someone like Wayne Weems as your TUF champion. That would suck.
Cowmilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
PanKrato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rockers Ville
Posts: 594
PanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to beholdPanKrato is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
I disagree completely. The reason why that was good, was because we would have all the tomato cans like Andy Wang and Danny Abbadi out in the first round. Now if it is alternating, expect for a lot of the weaker guys to make it through to the next round, and for some good fighters to get eliminated early. Did you guys see how perfect TUF 5 ended up in the match making process? All the cans got eliminated early.

I personally liked the old way better. If you win, you get control.
I did too, but w/e, maybe it'll make for a better TUF, who knows?
__________________
Religious Version:
"Faith without Works is Dead."

Academic Version:
"Knowledge without Action is Dead."

MMA Version:
"Skill without Will is Death."
PanKrato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thug Life
 
Suvaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,345
Suvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A Baller
When he says it alternates, does that mean one coach picks a fight, then the other coach picksthe next fight? Because if that's it, then this realy doesn't get rid of easy fights, it just means more than one team will benefit from them.
Suvaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
DropKick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,579
DropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawaweewa
When he says it alternates, does that mean one coach picks a fight, then the other coach picksthe next fight? Because if that's it, then this realy doesn't get rid of easy fights, it just means more than one team will benefit from them.
Exactly. On TUF 5 all the cans were eliminated from BJ's team first cuase Pulver had control. As soon as he had to throw one of his cans out there all his were eliminated.
DropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
jm1010 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I dont really see this making that big of difference. The coaches are still going to pick the fights in favor of their best fighters. Either way I think the best fighters will still make it deep in the show.
jm1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,286
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
I disagree completely. The reason why that was good, was because we would have all the tomato cans like Andy Wang and Danny Abbadi out in the first round. Now if it is alternating, expect for a lot of the weaker guys to make it through to the next round, and for some good fighters to get eliminated early. Did you guys see how perfect TUF 5 ended up in the match making process? All the cans got eliminated early.
Hey brownpimp, love your posts but respectfully disagree this time alternating hammer will ensure that the best fighters last to the end. As it was, the team that could keep the hammer would pick only the sweetest matchups and protect their weak fighters. Now each coach will have an equal chance to put his best guy against the other team's weakest, which means we'll see the toughest guys on BOTH teams staying to the end.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
e-thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 3,869
e-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crossese-thug Is Respected By All He Crosses
I think this will make it alot less predictable as far as im concerned...I think the only pick I got wrong on the last show was Manny Vs J. Lauzon...It will be nice to see some descent matches early on in the competition.
e-thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios