Hughes Comment About Serra Cussing - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 09-20-2007, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
IRISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 54
IRISH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hughes Comment About Serra Cussing

And like the next minute Dana White explodes hahahah
__________________
"An Empty Barrel Makes The Most Noise "

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Amateur
 
sickcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 113
sickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura aboutsickcat has a spectacular aura about
yea, I saw that too.... and he had no problem greeting DW with a big hug.

That whole excuse about why he doen't like Serra is total crap.

that being said , Serra is gonna get his ass kicked lol
sickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
IRISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 54
IRISH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ya I agree all though I do like both
__________________
"An Empty Barrel Makes The Most Noise "

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
RIDIN' DIRTY
 
DCDIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 284
DCDIME is an unknown quantity at this pointDCDIME is an unknown quantity at this point
nevermind the cuss word's. Matt Hughes thinks god's work is for him to fight as a profession? This has always bothered me. He acts all god-squady, but the guys job is to put the hurt on people. If he truley was as "dedicated" to the lord as he says he is, he would do his theology homework and see that violence is not condoned in the bible. What a douche!
__________________
Fighters I enjoy watching:
Fedor
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Martin Kampman
Jake Shields
Thiago Tavares
Urijah Faber


Joe Rogan NutHugger...and proud of it
DCDIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
TIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDIME
nevermind the cuss word's. Matt Hughes thinks god's work is for him to fight as a profession? This has always bothered me. He acts all god-squady, but the guys job is to put the hurt on people. If he truley was as "dedicated" to the lord as he says he is, he would do his theology homework and see that violence is not condoned in the bible. What a douche!
If you don't like Matt Hughes, fine. If you don't like that he claims to be a Christian, fine. If you don't like his belief that his fighting career is what the Lord wants him to do, fine.

However, it's over the line for you to question his dedication to the Lord simply because he is a fighter. Then you suggest he do his theology homework to discover "that violence is not condoned in the Bible"?

I don't want to turn this into a religion debate, but have you actually ever read the Bible? I mean the entire Bible from cover to cover? There is not one word which would require a true believer to leave MMA as a profession. Next time I suggest you not be so quick on the hypocrite accusation trigger.
TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 83
stokedmma has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME
If you don't like Matt Hughes, fine. If you don't like that he claims to be a Christian, fine. If you don't like his belief that his fighting career is what the Lord wants him to do, fine.

However, it's over the line for you to question his dedication to the Lord simply because he is a fighter. Then you suggest he do his theology homework to discover "that violence is not condoned in the Bible"?

I don't want to turn this into a religion debate, but have you actually ever read the Bible? I mean the entire Bible from cover to cover? There is not one word which would require a true believer to leave MMA as a profession. Next time I suggest you not be so quick on the hypocrite accusation trigger.
Please, edit your post so that none of your religion debate shows. I know you said you weren't trying to start one, but even so this thread will end up going way off topic and get closed.
stokedmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
RIDIN' DIRTY
 
DCDIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 284
DCDIME is an unknown quantity at this pointDCDIME is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME
If you don't like Matt Hughes, fine. If you don't like that he claims to be a Christian, fine. If you don't like his belief that his fighting career is what the Lord wants him to do, fine.

However, it's over the line for you to question his dedication to the Lord simply because he is a fighter. Then you suggest he do his theology homework to discover "that violence is not condoned in the Bible"?

I don't want to turn this into a religion debate, but have you actually ever read the Bible? I mean the entire Bible from cover to cover? There is not one word which would require a true believer to leave MMA as a profession. Next time I suggest you not be so quick on the hypocrite accusation trigger.
Alright,alright. As a matter of fact I have read the bible, and not because i'm a believer but because I need to understand why people believe. All I meant is that it is really easy for people to say they are 100 % Christian/catholic.jewish etc. and then go and prove that they are not. I do not question Matt's faith in the lord...as I belive whatever get people through thier lives is great. What i do question is the preaching do as i say,not as i do. It is no different than a rapper saying "all the glory to god" and then hitting the strip club with a loaded gun in his pants. If you are what you are then fine. Just don't try to play holier than thou to a national audience.
__________________
Fighters I enjoy watching:
Fedor
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Martin Kampman
Jake Shields
Thiago Tavares
Urijah Faber


Joe Rogan NutHugger...and proud of it
DCDIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
TIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokedmma
Please, edit your post so that none of your religion debate shows. I know you said you weren't trying to start one, but even so this thread will end up going way off topic and get closed.
If the Mods want to delete it I have no problem with that. It was a response to his post which brought up the Bible in relationship to being a professional MMA fighter. Since he made his point, I felt it was necessary to respond with a clarification.
TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
TIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enoughTIME will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDIME
Alright,alright. As a matter of fact I have read the bible, and not because i'm a believer but because I need to understand why people believe. All I meant is that it is really easy for people to say they are 100 % Christian/catholic.jewish etc. and then go and prove that they are not. I do not question Matt's faith in the lord...as I belive whatever get people through thier lives is great. What i do question is the preaching do as i say,not as i do. It is no different than a rapper saying "all the glory to god" and then hitting the strip club with a loaded gun in his pants. If you are what you are then fine. Just don't try to play holier than thou to a national audience.
Actually, I can fully agree with your point here.

I really don't like hypocrites either.
TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 83
stokedmma has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Talking

OK back to the topic I thought it was really funny when that happened, but I mean WTF is Hughes gonna do? Tell the President of the UFC to "stop cussing?" Are you kidding me? We all know that f*ck, god d*mn, sh!t, and b!tch, are ALL a part of Dana White's everyday vocabulary. It's just who he is.
stokedmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios