So, Serra is coaching Hughes' team now? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,844
Drogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level now
It becomes clearer each episode that Hughes has genuine problems with perspective. Almost everything he says is about him, about how every situation reflects on him.

Newsflash, this is as much, or more, about the 16 guys trying to break into the UFC, not Matt Hughes.

I'm not sure if he fits the clinical definition of egomania or megalomania but he sure as hell is very self centered.
Drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,125
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
You people have got to realize something else. Matt Hughes is a good coach, but two of his fighters thus far have strayed from their respective game plans. One wrestler completely froze and did nothing to even make an attempt at a half decent fight. I suppose it happens. Another ground technician abandoned his ground game and tried to stand with a fighter whom he knew was a banger. Try to see it from Matt's point of view... he's trying to teach these kids to play to their strengths, and when they don't listen, sure... he's going to get a little ticked, as any coach with a brain would. Remember how badly Serra put down Joey after he abandoned his gameplan? So don't make it seem like it's simply a Matt Hughes thing to do, because that's just ignorant.

Now, this doesn't mean that Hughes needs to go and punish the entire team for the blunders of a few. I don't agree with that, but several coaches teach with tough love. If you can't see that, then I can only be led to believe that you've never been part of a real sport, such as football or rugby. Matt Hughes sees his team not as individuals, but as a well oiled machine... you work the team, not the individual.

And I honestly believe that Team Hughes is going to take the next three fights, making it 4-4, so let's save our comments until the end of the season. Serra's team will not win the finale, as Hughes definitely has the more talented crew (the next three waiting to be unleashed are monsters), and Hughes will go on to dethrone Serra. Before long, that 5 foot Umpa Lumpa will be back in the minors.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 291
teachbug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I was with you until the "5 foot umpa lumpa" remark.
Thats cold man.
Serra as a HUMAN, is a nice nice guy, you may not respect his fight (like me) but you gotta give him props for at least KNOWING its about the kids, he is doing his job, and hes really being a decent guy to ALL the kids on the show.
teachbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,125
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Ahaha, I know, man, I know. Matt Serra does seem like a nice guy. He can be a tad quick with the mouth, however. I didn't respect his bashing GSP simply because St. Pierre stated that he wasn't right mentally or physically going into that fight. There was no reason to blow up as much as Serra did. Fact is, he's an unproven fighter. The win over GSP has been chalked up to a fluke by many. In order for him to win the respect of all fans, he needs to demolish Hughes, and I don't see it happening. I'm one of those persons whom believes that his win over GSP was a fluke, and that he has no chance of defeating Hughes. That's just my opinion... take it for what it's worth, and nothing more.

But that doesn't mean that he's not good with these young talents. He's proven to be a great corner man. I have tremendous respect for him in that area. And he's always encouraging his team, which is also admirable. I can't take that away from him. He's probably a great human being, but he's not yet a great fighter in my eyes. Will he prove me wrong? Hey, it could happen.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 291
teachbug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho
Ahaha, I know, man, I know. Matt Serra does seem like a nice guy. He can be a tad quick with the mouth, however. I didn't respect his bashing GSP simply because St. Pierre stated that he wasn't right mentally or physically going into that fight. There was no reason to blow up as much as Serra did. Fact is, he's an unproven fighter. The win over GSP has been chalked up to a fluke by many. In order for him to win the respect of all fans, he needs to demolish Hughes, and I don't see it happening. I'm one of those persons whom believes that his win over GSP was a fluke, and that he has no chance of defeating Hughes. That's just my opinion... take it for what it's worth, and nothing more.

But that doesn't mean that he's not good with these young talents. He's proven to be a great corner man. I have tremendous respect for him in that area. And he's always encouraging his team, which is also admirable. I can't take that away from him. He's probably a great human being, but he's not yet a great fighter in my eyes. Will he prove me wrong? Hey, it could happen.
now THIS gets repped, yeah absolutely, you said it right, I dont know about others but I agree with this.
teachbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Nobilis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 194
Nobilis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho
You people have got to realize something else. Matt Hughes is a good coach, but two of his fighters thus far have strayed from their respective game plans. One wrestler completely froze and did nothing to even make an attempt at a half decent fight. I suppose it happens. Another ground technician abandoned his ground game and tried to stand with a fighter whom he knew was a banger. Try to see it from Matt's point of view... he's trying to teach these kids to play to their strengths, and when they don't listen, sure... he's going to get a little ticked, as any coach with a brain would. Remember how badly Serra put down Joey after he abandoned his gameplan? So don't make it seem like it's simply a Matt Hughes thing to do, because that's just ignorant.
So, your the one who made the comparison. Serra did go down on Joey...but then after built him back up. On top of it he didn't throw this little hissy fit like Hughes did. What Matt Hughes did and what Serra did stops at a "put down"...and with Serra it is questionable if it was really a put down. I personally would not respect a coach like Hughes. Tough love yes, throwing a tantrum like a 6 year old, no.

Quote:
Now, this doesn't mean that Hughes needs to go and punish the entire team for the blunders of a few. I don't agree with that, but several coaches teach with tough love. If you can't see that, then I can only be led to believe that you've never been part of a real sport, such as football or rugby. Matt Hughes sees his team not as individuals, but as a well oiled machine... you work the team, not the individual.
Being a fighter and talking about football (which I've played) in the same breath amounts to nothing but a straw-man argument. fighting is not a team sport. Fighting should not be treated as a team sport. The other fighters are not in there holding the other fighter down. In team sports the quarterback throws to his wide receiver or hands off to his running back. It takes the offensive line to protect the quarterback and create holes for the running back. Not one person can achieve the whole. In MMA the fighter is the only person in that ring. It is NOT a team sport.

If Hughes thinks so then it is just solidifying how disconnected he really is.

Quote:
And I honestly believe that Team Hughes is going to take the next three fights, making it 4-4, so let's save our comments until the end of the season. Serra's team will not win the finale, as Hughes definitely has the more talented crew (the next three waiting to be unleashed are monsters), and Hughes will go on to dethrone Serra. Before long, that 5 foot Umpa Lumpa will be back in the minors.
For someone who wants everyone here to wait till the end has certainly made enough solid statements before the end.
__________________
MY FIVE

1. George St. Pierre
2. Anderson Silva
3. Fedor Emelianenko
4. Don Frye
5. Kenny Florian
Nobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 45
kenaroo will become famous soon enoughkenaroo will become famous soon enoughkenaroo will become famous soon enoughkenaroo will become famous soon enoughkenaroo will become famous soon enoughkenaroo will become famous soon enoughkenaroo will become famous soon enough
It's funny.. Even my Wife has said that there is something wrong with Matt Hughes this season.

bible thumping, throwing hissy fits, not looking at people while talking to them.

I'm sure the editors have a lot to do with it but. there is definately a change in Hughes compaired to season 2.

It reminds me of someone fighting an addiction and still using but hinding it from everyone.. but everyone can tell there is something a little off with them. Hughes is a little off this season.

Serra.
He's a brash new yorker with a mouth.. but hey.. get past the regional slang personality and he's really showing well. I can respect a person who looks you straight in the eyes and tells you how he sees it.

and yes... his team is winning because you can't miss what Serra is telling the fighter while in the ring. Shit.. he's so freaking loud.. but it works.

I'm still up in the air about the Matts fight. thinks Hughes will win but
kenaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,125
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobilis
Being a fighter and talking about football (which I've played) in the same breath amounts to nothing but a straw-man argument. fighting is not a team sport. Fighting should not be treated as a team sport. The other fighters are not in there holding the other fighter down. In team sports the quarterback throws to his wide receiver or hands off to his running back. It takes the offensive line to protect the quarterback and create holes for the running back. Not one person can achieve the whole. In MMA the fighter is the only person in that ring. It is NOT a team sport.
Did I say it was a team sport? No, I didn't. Each fighter fights his own battles. I merely said that Matt Hughes is treating his team like a well oiled machine, and seeing as how they train together, encourage and instruct one another, live together, and what not, then it's a fairly sensible approach to treat them as one, so as to avoid cracks in the relationship which they need form if every individual fighter is going to get the utmost benefit from the training regimen. But hey... you're clearly narrow minded, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to see that. Maybe you're the one whom is disconnected, old pal.

Quote:
For someone who wants everyone here to wait till the end has certainly made enough solid statements before the end.
Everyone else is jumping on the Serra bandwagon. Is there something wrong with taking the other side, because I can see what most blind MMA fans won't bring themselves to see? Just because many of you follow the stat quo and like who the majority like is no reason for me to do the same. But what else should I expect? I got neg. repped for voicing an opinion that was well supported, well written, and not even that insulting to the man whom I'm arguing against, that being Serra.

Sadly, I've come to expect that from this place... voice your honest opinion, and you're bound to be neg. repped by some little p-ussy whom can't even leave his name. Not that it's a big deal... I just think you're a little bitch, whomever you are.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Nobilis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 194
Nobilis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho
But hey... you're clearly narrow minded, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to see that. Maybe you're the one whom is disconnected, old pal.
It is intelligent comments like these that overshadow any kind of arguement you have.



Quote:
Everyone else is jumping on the Serra bandwagon.
What you perceive and refuse to see is people are saying what they are observing.
Quote:
Is there something wrong with taking the other side
No.
Quote:
because I can see what most blind MMA fans won't bring themselves to see?
This is amusing on the grounds that people see you doing the exact same thing.
Quote:
Just because many of you follow the stat quo and like who the majority like is no reason for me to do the same.
So, the majority is wrong and you are right? I'm insulted that you are calling me a sheep and not being able to think or have my own opinions, just because I happen to see and agree with many people here.
Quote:
But what else should I expect? I got neg. repped for voicing an opinion that was well supported, well written, and not even that insulting to the man whom I'm arguing against, that being Serra.
It seems you expect people to just drop their opinion and go, "Oh, Psycho I never saw it that way you are so correct."

In your eyes it was well supported...in my eyes it was filled with holes. And I called you on it. But, you don't see me coming back at you with name calling and acting like a ass.

Quote:
Sadly, I've come to expect that from this place... voice your honest opinion, and you're bound to be neg. repped by some little *p-ussy whom can't even leave his name. Not that it's a big deal... I just think you're a little bitch, whomever you are.
Your having a hard time accepting that other people have other opinions that don't share your point of view. You also seem to have a problem with anyone replying to your posts other than anything positive.

That last part is not even worth commenting about. Other than it really shows your true colours. I have no idea what that was meant to accomplish other than making yourself feel good.

And for future reference I'm not your pal...and by displaying just the type of person you really are. You can count on; that I will never be.

When you grow up and mature a little maybe we can have a discussion till then, I'm pretty much gonna ignore you and your hissy fits (Hey just like Hughes...anyone else seeing a connection here?)


*Now I didn't look very hard because I'm not really that interested. But, I fail to see where Psycho has provided his (her?) name. I'm guessing that means he/she was calling himself/herself a p-ussy.
__________________
MY FIVE

1. George St. Pierre
2. Anderson Silva
3. Fedor Emelianenko
4. Don Frye
5. Kenny Florian

Last edited by Nobilis : 10-18-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Nobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,125
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobilis
It is intelligent comments like these that overshadow any kind of arguement you have.
Because your response to mine wasn't meant to be as condescending as possible? Whatever you say, friend.

Quote:
No. This is amusing on the grounds that people see you doing the exact same thing.
How so? I stated rather outright that Matt Hughes was perhaps going too far by taking his problems with a few fighters out on the entire team. In fact, I said it a few times. Pardon me for seeing the situation from all angles, as you're so blatantly refusing to do. That's very narrow minded on your part. As I mentioned previously.

Quote:
So, the majority is wrong and you are right? I'm insulted that you are calling me a sheep and not being able to think or have my own opinions.It seems you expect people to just drop their opinion and go, "Oh, Psycho I never saw it that way you are so correct."
Now you're reaching, putting words into my mouth, trying to turn the tides in your favour. I don't expect people to agree with me. Not at all. But I also don't expect to be neg. repped for putting forth a different opinion than that of the masses. If you can't see what I'm getting at, then there's no use explaining further, because you clearly have the mental capacity of a five year old.

Quote:
In your eyes it was well supported...in my eyes it was filled with holes. And I called you on it. But, you don't see me coming back at you with name calling and acting like a ass.
As I said, you're response was unbelievably patronizing, so don't try and make yourself look like the good guy, here, because you're far from it. You saw an opinion that didn't suit your own, and you came off like a dick.

Quote:
Your having a hard time accepting that other people have other opinions that don't share your point of view. You also seem to have a problem with anyone replying to your posts other than anything positive.
I don't know how to make this any clearer. Try reading my posts in the Mac Danzig thread, where I say quite clearly that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and that I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is people neg. repping others because they don't go with the status quo. Again, if you can't understand this, then you deserve to be talked down to.

Quote:
That last part is not even worth commenting about. Other than it really shows your true colours. I have no idea what that was meant to accomplish other than making yourself feel good.
Should I have neg. repped you for disagreeing with me? Would that not have made me a dick? Yes. But notice how I didn't neg. rep you, because you're allowed to have an opinion? Get it? Got it? Good. Anyone who neg. reps another poster on the basis of their differing opinion is a tool, and I don't care who frowns upon that statement. That's blatant abuse of an already flawed system.

Quote:
And for future reference I'm not your pal...and by displaying just the type of person you really are. You can count on; that I will never be.
Funny. I had assumed you'd be able to see the blatant sarcasm in my 'old pal' comment. Trust me... I don't associate myself with those whom can't contemplate basic ideas and materials... ie) you. You said I was being an ass? Well, I wasn't... but now, I might as well get my money's worth.

Quote:
When you grow up and mature a little maybe we can have a discussion till then, I'm pretty much gonna ignore you and your hissy fits (Hey just like Hughes...anyone else seeing a connection here?)
Run along, Sally. You and I clearly aren't going to see eye-to-eye on things, so this might as well end up being one of those 'agree to disagree' type scenarios

Last edited by Canadian Psycho : 10-18-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios