TUF 6 Haters are nuts. - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
TUF 6 Haters are nuts.

Honestly, the TUF 6 hate is pretty sad thus far. People have been acting as though this season much shittier then the past seasons, and all this nonsense. These previous seasons weren't too much better, and people should stop hyping them.

The fights this season have been great for TUF prelims. Watch any other seasons, and there have not been these many finishes. Some of these fights have been better then fights we are seeing on PPV and Spike shows recently.

Before you start saying that TUF 1 and 2 were way better, why not try going back and watching them, instead of just looking at the stars that they generated and making false claims.

Support Mixed Martial Arts, not Ultimate Fighting

brownpimp88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Bantamweight
 
leew11k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: glasgow
Posts: 625
               
out of all the seasons this is one i wont be watching again its not really about the fighters just to bulid up hype for serra vs hughes,but good points for me i get to see danzip whoop some ass,
i also think this season will get better for sure.
leew11k is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 291
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
Honestly, the TUF 6 hate is pretty sad thus far. People have been acting as though this season much shittier then the past seasons, and all this nonsense. These previous seasons weren't too much better, and people should stop hyping them.

The fights this season have been great for TUF prelims. Watch any other seasons, and there have not been these many finishes. Some of these fights have been better then fights we are seeing on PPV and Spike shows recently.

Before you start saying that TUF 1 and 2 were way better, why not try going back and watching them, instead of just looking at the stars that they generated and making false claims.
I own season 1, I also have recorded all the others, I DO go back and watch them, and Im sorry to tell you that this season is only better than the comeback season which stunk!
all the rest of the seasons with new guys were a ton better than this season.
Sorry dude I dont agree with you at all, Im still a season 6 hater, and will be until they improve.
teachbug is offline  
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
I have to say that TUF2 and TUF3 were plenty better than 6 has been so far- and I have rewatched both of those. TUF4 was dull as ditchwater, while 5 was okay, probably about the same as this one.

Favorite Pokemon:

HW: Charizard
LHW: Onyx
MW: Hitmonlee
WW: Gengar
LW: Psyduck
I.P.Freely is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 10:02 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Paddi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 57
 
I think the criticism is totally called for- the fact that the 3 first episodes were about a pretty boy wanting to go home clearly shows a lack of quality material. I have no idea how many times I heard the phrase "I'm just not feeling it BRO".

So far this has been a disappointing season for me- also, too many inexperienced fighters.

My top10:

Mauricio Rua
Chuck Liddell
BJ Penn
Sean Sherk
Georges St-Pierre
Lyoto Machida
Forrest Griffin
Stephan Bonnar
Nick Diaz
Dan Henderson
Paddi88 is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI.
Posts: 72
 
I agree with the original poster about these elimination fights having nice finishes.

However I completely disagree when comparing these fights to the PPV fights as of late.

There haven't been any characters that have completely hooked me yet, but it's still early enough, that I wasn't expecting to be hooked yet.
Keevel is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
The main reason why people like TUF 1/2/3 is because the stars from that show are names in the UFC now. If you consider it with an open mind, all the seasons have been the same thing. There is always some sort of stupid "beefs", one guy wants to go home, one guy has some sort of issues. It happens every season. The drama is always the same. I guess they just started fighting in the house now, that the only change.

The fights this season have been better then fights in the past seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddi88
I think the criticism is totally called for- the fact that the 3 first episodes were about a pretty boy wanting to go home clearly shows a lack of quality material. I have no idea how many times I heard the phrase "I'm just not feeling it BRO".

So far this has been a disappointing season for me- also, too many inexperienced fighters.
Isn't that what happened every season?

Support Mixed Martial Arts, not Ultimate Fighting

brownpimp88 is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
I dunno what you're talkin about man. This season blows. The only exciting fight was the most recent one with BJ's dude knocking that BJJ guy the F out.

The first 2 fights were completely one-sided and the losers of each fight pretty much THREW the fight.

The first 3 episodes were all centered around the pretty boy Joey bitching about wanting to go home. 3 full episodes man!

Not only that, but this season is so fake it's ridiculous. Either that the "fighters" are just doing poor acting jobs compared to the last seasons. None of them can keep a straight face while talking to the camera, half the shit they say is clearly scripted. When I see the little "stage fright" smirk on their faces while they talk about something, it kinda loses it's luster.


This season blows, and so do the "fighters"/actors.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
I dunno what you're talkin about man. This season blows. The only exciting fight was the most recent one with BJ's dude knocking that BJJ guy the F out.

The first 2 fights were completely one-sided and the losers of each fight pretty much THREW the fight.

The first 3 episodes were all centered around the pretty boy Joey bitching about wanting to go home. 3 full episodes man!

Not only that, but this season is so fake it's ridiculous. Either that the "fighters" are just doing poor acting jobs compared to the last seasons. None of them can keep a straight face while talking to the camera, half the shit they say is clearly scripted. When I see the little "stage fright" smirk on their faces while they talk about something, it kinda loses it's luster.


This season blows, and so do the "fighters"/actors.
I dunno man, that sounds just like every season before. Seriously, season 1 and 2 are so overrated, just because the fighters are stars now. TUF has ALWAYS been a bunch of actors and idiots running around acting stupid, and there has always been some sort of stupid drama. That is just what TUF is. I watch TUF for the MMA, not the cheap reality TV, and the fights have overall been better then most seasons.

Support Mixed Martial Arts, not Ultimate Fighting

brownpimp88 is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 08:44 PM
leo
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 96
 
i was just watching sum episodes fro season 1 and the difference is astounding. this season its mainly about peoples problems on the show, but in season 1 its mainly centered around the actual training. it kinda annoying having to watch people kill flies and play with milk cartons while we could be viewing quality training
leo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome