WAR vs. Speer - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy

 
Emericanaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawthorn, South Wales
Posts: 2,052
Blog Entries: 1
Emericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level now
This really was a hard fight to watch both of them rpetty much gassed in the first round, and Speers baby punches werent doing anything really other than scoring points but he did maintain octagon control. but yes i DEFINITLY thought that Speers had tapped aswell but eitherway they were both so horribly inexperienced it was just hard to watch and i dont usualy get down on ANY fight. but this was bad... I think its pretty much clear that Matt hughes only real chance now is with Mac unless Speers does the most amazing turnaround and training ive ever seen cause half the other fighters on the show just seem WAY more talented and plain out experienced then he is.
__________________
Top 7 Favorite Fighters at the moment

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Clay Guida
3. Shane Carwin
4. Jon Fitch
5. Chuck Liddell
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Chris Leben

Emericanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 30
jonnypimps has a little shameless behaviour in the past
decent... not bad, but the highlight of this episode for me was Dorian, referring to Speers being a farmboy "lifting horses and knockin out cows"
jonnypimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
wow I really hate when I hear this "they gassed so fast" crap when it was a FURIOUS pace....

you can't always pace yourself for the whole fight..they don't always go that predictable, especially after your bleeding very badly after a big shot to the face and someone's been grinding on your neck and squeezing the life out of you for 90 seconds...

not everyone is Sean Sherk....they can't recover instantly and go 110% for 5 rounds....

anyone who talks like this CLEARLY has very little experience in organized sports....
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy

 
Emericanaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawthorn, South Wales
Posts: 2,052
Blog Entries: 1
Emericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronyman
wow I really hate when I hear this "they gassed so fast" crap when it was a FURIOUS pace....

you can't always pace yourself for the whole fight..they don't always go that predictable, especially after your bleeding very badly after a big shot to the face and someone's been grinding on your neck and squeezing the life out of you for 90 seconds...

not everyone is Sean Sherk....they can't recover instantly and go 110% for 5 rounds....

anyone who talks like this CLEARLY has very little experience in organized sports....
Dude the pace wasnt all that "furious" and its just my honest opinion. It was a pretty good pace for the first 3 minutes but even then man they should have been better conditioned for this fight. Im not saying they needed to be superman or anything but it was kinda sad in my eyes, not to say Im a professional fighter or anything but these are supposed to be athletes representing the sport here. but then again It could have just been an off night for the both of them. But I really dont agree with it being a "furious pace". Sorry I guess my expectations were too high and i realize not everyone has amazing cardio but meh... yeah im done.

Sorry just realised you what you said about being inexperienced and dude thats BS. I have a purple Belt 2nd degree in Ishinryu Karate and a Green belt 1st degree in Judo and have done more than my fair of sparring in the dojo. To call me inexperienced is not cool because i wasnt attacking you at all it was just my opinion. Ive seen nearly every UFC (leaving out some of the ones between 14 and 30) and enough prides to know how the game rolls. Dont call me inexperienced because my opinion differs from you. ok good your guy one thats nice but War Machine could have one the decision and id still think it was a bad performance by both guys because i didnt see much displayed other than sub-par GNT (Ground and tap, yes i take crdit for that because he was barely tapping War Machine with those tiny punches) and a very sad mental game by War. Fact is these are supposed to be fighters and they need to be prepared for the fight now come in and give it stuff like this.

Now I will say that Speers showed ALOT OF HEART. but unfortunately heart cannot always win the war because it was obvious he needs more experience. Yes he may be great once he gets in more fights but right now he has the will but not the skill. Sorry for kind of freakin out but its annoying when im called inexperienced when it was unprovoked and you dont even know me. Its my opinion, if you dont agree great awsome leave it at that and i respect it but yeah...ok NOW im done but no hard feelings im not gonna be gay and neg rep or anything so yeah. Peace
__________________
Top 7 Favorite Fighters at the moment

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Clay Guida
3. Shane Carwin
4. Jon Fitch
5. Chuck Liddell
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Chris Leben


Last edited by Emericanaddict : 11-08-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Emericanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericanaddict
Dude the pace wasnt all that "furious" and its just my honest opinion. It was a pretty good pace for the first 3 minutes but even then man they should have been better conditioned for this fight. Im not saying they needed to be superman or anything but it was kinda sad in my eyes, not to say Im a professional fighter or anything but these are supposed to be athletes representing the sport here. but then again It could have just been an off night for the both of them. But I really dont agree with it being a "furious pace". Sorry I guess my expectations were too high and i realize not everyone has amazing cardio but meh... yeah im done.

Sorry just realised you what you said about being inexperienced and dude thats BS. I have a purple Belt 2nd degree in Ishinryu Karate and a Green belt 1st degree in Judo and have done more than my fair of sparring in the dojo. To call me inexperienced is not cool because i wasnt attacking you at all it was just my opinion. Ive seen nearly every UFC (leaving out some of the ones between 14 and 30) and enough prides to know how the game rolls. Dont call me inexperienced because my opinion differs from you. ok good your guy one thats nice but War Machine could have one the decision and id still think it was a bad performance by both guys because i didnt see much displayed other than sub-par GNT (Ground and tap, yes i take crdit for that because he was barely tapping War Machine with those tiny punches) and a very sad mental game by War. Fact is these are supposed to be fighters and they need to be prepared for the fight now come in and give it stuff like this.

Now I will say that Speers showed ALOT OF HEART. but unfortunately heart cannot always win the war because it was obvious he needs more experience. Yes he may be great once he gets in more fights but right now he has the will but not the skill. Sorry for kind of freakin out but its annoying when im called inexperienced when it was unprovoked and you dont even know me. Its my opinion, if you dont agree great awsome leave it at that and i respect it but yeah...ok NOW im done but no hard feelings im not gonna be gay and neg rep or anything so yeah. Peace
Well I do think your expectations are high then...sorry about saying your inexperienced....I just know for a fact that when I wrestled and when I grapple today, when I'm going full steam, it really doesn't take long to gas, when your fighting for your life or so it seems at times.

One thing I think you've failed to acknowledge is how damage effects your cardio. Ever had your neck grinded and yanked on for 60 seconds or so, taking really small, hot breaths, gasping for air in between...try that for about 30 seconds with someone trying to choke you and I think you'll quickly realize that it is VERY hard to recover from. All of your muscles that your trying to use prying off arms and getting in position have been greatly reduced of oxygen. Lactic acid buildup is huge, and you can't even lift your arms. My very first wrestling match back oh, 7 years ago, I fought a guy and literally gassed in about 50 seconds. I trained for about 2 hours / 5 days a week for about 3 weeks prior....I realize now that that is chicken shit compared to what these guys go through, but hey, I was just a grade 9 kid...

I guess all I can say is cut the guy some slack...
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
SuperPinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 62
SuperPinger has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I wonder if War Machine would've been able to pull off a full strong choke and hold it if Speers wasn't bleeding all over his arm.
SuperPinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy

 
Emericanaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawthorn, South Wales
Posts: 2,052
Blog Entries: 1
Emericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronyman
Well I do think your expectations are high then...sorry about saying your inexperienced....I just know for a fact that when I wrestled and when I grapple today, when I'm going full steam, it really doesn't take long to gas, when your fighting for your life or so it seems at times.

One thing I think you've failed to acknowledge is how damage effects your cardio. Ever had your neck grinded and yanked on for 60 seconds or so, taking really small, hot breaths, gasping for air in between...try that for about 30 seconds with someone trying to choke you and I think you'll quickly realize that it is VERY hard to recover from. All of your muscles that your trying to use prying off arms and getting in position have been greatly reduced of oxygen. Lactic acid buildup is huge, and you can't even lift your arms. My very first wrestling match back oh, 7 years ago, I fought a guy and literally gassed in about 50 seconds. I trained for about 2 hours / 5 days a week for about 3 weeks prior....I realize now that that is chicken shit compared to what these guys go through, but hey, I was just a grade 9 kid...

I guess all I can say is cut the guy some slack...
Sorry and your right about the damage hurting the cardio. I just expected more from the guys who are supposed to be representing MMA as a whole to (to the main stream TUF audience anyways) but its just that when I see the guys who are already in the UFC go trough the exact same things they dont gas in the first round. But I guess your right these guys ARENT in the UFC yet and do still hav alot of training to do. Sorry im still a bit disspointed in the match but I can see where your coming from so no hard feelings. i just wish war would have shown more heart like Speers did. (even if he may or may not have tapped)
Fact is I think Speers will have what it takes with lots of training...as for War well I cant say much because you never know how a person is gonna do mentally and obviously he is his own worst enemy. Sorry for coming off harsh.
__________________
Top 7 Favorite Fighters at the moment

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Clay Guida
3. Shane Carwin
4. Jon Fitch
5. Chuck Liddell
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Chris Leben

Emericanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Ryan From The Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131
Ryan From The Sky will become famous soon enoughRyan From The Sky will become famous soon enoughRyan From The Sky will become famous soon enoughRyan From The Sky will become famous soon enoughRyan From The Sky will become famous soon enoughRyan From The Sky will become famous soon enoughRyan From The Sky will become famous soon enoughRyan From The Sky will become famous soon enough
that was a cute little make up session!
Ryan From The Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy

 
Emericanaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawthorn, South Wales
Posts: 2,052
Blog Entries: 1
Emericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan From The Sky
that was a cute little make up session!
Why because we didnt go on a keyboard war over it and saw where the other guy was coming from? There are some mature people on the boards you know if your lookin for fights you should go check out Sherdog.
__________________
Top 7 Favorite Fighters at the moment

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Clay Guida
3. Shane Carwin
4. Jon Fitch
5. Chuck Liddell
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Chris Leben

Emericanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
there is some weird culture at sherdog that doesn't exist here...

mind you some sherdog threads are so F#($)#* FUNNY i've laughed my ass off...mostly becuz people are so rude to each other

and some people there are crazy...they joined like a month ago and have like 4000 posts or something ridiculous like that...
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios