MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Ultimate Fighter TV (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/)
-   -   TUF 7 BIG Surprise?!? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/27735-tuf-7-big-surprise.html)

j.farrell 12-04-2007 09:59 PM

TUF 7 BIG Surprise?!?
 
So they said there will be a big surprise about how they do things on the show this season. Im thinking maybe they will make it like a tournament to find the number one contender. After the Henderson Silva fight who else at 185 really deserves a shot? We all know its the thinest division. And with the filming of the show, getting ready to go down the timing would be pretty right on for the winner to fight the winner of Silva/Hendo..Thoughts?

RyanMac 12-05-2007 12:49 AM

I see where you are coming from, but I just hated how TUF tied up the welterweight title for so long. I'd rather see someone like McFedries get a shot at Silva than some no name off a reality show.

You could be right though...

kds13 12-05-2007 12:55 AM

I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be kinda pissed if an up and comer got a title shot vs. the likes of Hendo or Silva. It wouldn't even be a fight.

With guys like Okami, Kampmann, Lietes, and McFedries left on the sideline, the UFC would hurt their credibility by putting in an unknown for a title fight.

Where'stheCrow? 12-05-2007 01:24 AM

I would hope that the UFC is run well enough to not let some no name come off the reality show and fight the champion immediately. That would be retarded. I would question the overall direction of the UFC. Unfortunately,it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen after TUF 4.

vancitypimp 12-05-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Where'stheCrow? (Post 405164)
That would be retarded. I would question the overall direction of the UFC. Unfortunately,it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen after TUF 4.

The guys off TUF4 weren't exactly no names, all of them fought in the UFC before and some of them at some point were top contenders. I thought TUF 4 was the best. I would like another one of those where there's no coaches and they bring veterans that get a shot at the title.

j.farrell 12-05-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancitypimp (Post 405903)
The guys off TUF4 weren't exactly no names, all of them fought in the UFC before and some of them at some point were top contenders. I thought TUF 4 was the best. I would like another one of those where there's no coaches and they bring veterans that get a shot at the title.

Well I know big time MMA agent Ken Pavia has a few guys on the show. So there is a good chance there are some name guys that havnt fought in the UFC yet.

Where'stheCrow? 12-05-2007 11:24 PM

Didn't specifically call the TUF 4 fighters no names, but none of them were deserving of a title shot. There's a reason why a lot of them weren't fighting in the UFC at that time. You can't make a convincing argument that they were deserving of a title shot.

southpaw447 12-05-2007 11:26 PM

No More Title Shots To Tuf Noobs!!!!!

j.farrell 12-05-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Where'stheCrow? (Post 405937)
Didn't specifically call the TUF 4 fighters no names, but none of them were deserving of a title shot. There's a reason why a lot of them weren't fighting in the UFC at that time. You can't make a convincing argument that they were deserving of a title shot.

Well Serra KO'd GSP. So I would have to say he was deserving. And Ill be the first to admit I thought GSP was going to dismantle Serra.

Alex_DeLarge 12-05-2007 11:43 PM

I want Anderson Silva/Wanderlei Silva as the coaches, tell me that wouldn't be ENTERTAINING AS HELL. So what if their in different weight classes, so what if the coaches don't fight each other. Just hearing those two bastards talk would be better then watching the next 16 shit fighters they dig up for TUF7. It would also be fun to see Andy whip some tail in practice, possibily leading to a few deaths.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2