3rd Round - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

View Poll Results: Should there have been a third round
Yes 12 30.77%
No 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,449
                     
Going by UFC judging, it was the right decision. I personally thought that Sene should have won though.
Rated is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 404
                     
Anyone that denies the UFC scoring favours wrestling can just refer to this fight. I don't think there should have been a 3rd round at all.

Did anyone else notice that the ref called break then Sene let his guard down and dante took him down and the ref just let it continue? Even if its the wrong call when a ref calls break then it should be broken up. Having one fighter stop fighting while the other takes him down is just wrong.
AdRath is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,187
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
Anyone that denies the UFC scoring favours wrestling can just refer to this fight. I don't think there should have been a 3rd round at all.

Did anyone else notice that the ref called break then Sene let his guard down and dante took him down and the ref just let it continue? Even if its the wrong call when a ref calls break then it should be broken up. Having one fighter stop fighting while the other takes him down is just wrong.
Agreed, as soon as the word break comes out of the refs mouth the fighters should be separated no matter what



Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
I give a lot of credit to guys getting the takedowns and attempting and failing a GNP or subs. While it makes for a boring fight, it shows who is the more dominant fighter.

However, I also am tired of a fighter taking a guy down, doing nothing, and winning decision over an opponent who was throwing shots the whole time. That basically means that a wrestler with no submissions skill or GNP skills could beat a fighter with top tier striking but little to no ground game.

I'm a huge Luke Cummo fan and am seriously getting tired of him getting beat by fighters that simply take him down, eat a bunch of punches and elbows in the process, and win a decision by holding him down for 15 minutes.

WE NEED CLEARER RULES!


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 404
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
I give a lot of credit to guys getting the takedowns and attempting and failing a GNP or subs. While it makes for a boring fight, it shows who is the more dominant fighter.

However, I also am tired of a fighter taking a guy down, doing nothing, and winning decision over an opponent who was throwing shots the whole time. That basically means that a wrestler with no submissions skill or GNP skills could beat a fighter with top tier striking but little to no ground game.

I'm a huge Luke Cummo fan and am seriously getting tired of him getting beat by fighters that simply take him down, eat a bunch of punches and elbows in the process, and win a decision by holding him down for 15 minutes.

WE NEED CLEARER RULES!
I think takedowns should only score depending on what you do with them. If you just take someone down into his guard without passing or take someone down and not land a useful shot then the takedown shouldn't count. Really a take down is just a transition move from one fighting area (standing) to another (ground). Unless you use it to set up something I've always felt it shouldn't be worth as much as it is.

In this fight Dante didn't even land any GOOD takedowns. Hugging a guy and falling to the ground with him after a few mins isn't a good takedown. When you are in a dominate position but take more shots and better shots than you give is your position really dominate? should it be scored that way?

Those are my 2 pennies on the matter anyway.
AdRath is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 521
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
Are you kidding?

Rampage's guy through all the shots did all the damage no matter where he was at he was the one afflicting pain. All Forrest guy did was press him against the cage and take him down I could count the times he threw a punch on one hand

Huh??? Damage? Pain? There was damage and pain in that wrasslin' match? I must have missed it. The only damage on last nights show was when Rampage knocked over the parking sign.

I know these guys are not UFC caliber, but they are supposed to be professional fighters. That fight was just sad.
NavyChief is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 212
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
In this fight Dante didn't even land any GOOD takedowns. Hugging a guy and falling to the ground with him after a few mins isn't a good takedown.
There was one, actually. In the first or second, I believe.
Stratisfear is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 404
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratisfear View Post
There was one, actually. In the first or second, I believe.
I stand corrected. I guess he had one good takedown.
AdRath is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 04:25 AM
The Count
 
AmRiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,521
                     
Brandon won the first 2 in my eyes too

AmRiT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome