CB is for cry baby. - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Going to UFC 100
 
Hett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,667
                     
The only thing I could think of is that he had so much tension in his arm and when it slipped, it looked like a tapped, that's why he only did it once and his hand went right back down. With that type of reaction from CB and Amir, it's the only thing I can think of.
Hett is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
I think Herb stopped it to soon but however I understand why he did. The reason it is three taps instead of one is that there are times when you use a open palm and might slap an opponents leg or try to grab somehing with an open palm.

CB had a right to be upset and CB didn't act like Vera and flip at the ref later and say Amir's scared of him he was upset because he felt it was stopped early and he is right.

Calm down hating CB is becoming the cool thing to do and that's pretty stupid.
bbjd7 is offline  
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:11 PM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
I think Herb stopped it to soon but however I understand why he did. The reason it is three taps instead of one is that there are times when you use a open palm and might slap an opponents leg or try to grab somehing with an open palm.

CB had a right to be upset and CB didn't act like Vera and flip at the ref later and say Amir's scared of him he was upset because he felt it was stopped early and he is right.

Calm down hating CB is becoming the cool thing to do and that's pretty stupid.
I don't see how you can say it was stopped early. He was in a deep arm bar that made no headway pulling out of. You could see Herb Dean with his face right there to look for any tap. He pulled his hand away and make a clear tap on the leg.

What else is herb supposed to do? wait for the arm to snap just to make sure prissy boy and his big ass lips doesn't try and make it out to be an early stoppage?

As soon as his arm tapped once, Herb already had Amir stopping. I say good reffing on Herb Deans part.


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Well first off you can be in an armbar for awhile without tapping if it's not locked in right and CB was in it long enough that I doubt Amir had it real good.

Second CB didn't tap Herb should've let him tap if he was going to. And CB's arm tapped one time and then began to defend again if he was tapping why didn't he keep doing it. Herb was stepping in but he CB's hand was already down defending the armbar before Herb got there.
bbjd7 is offline  
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:20 PM
To the death George
 
DJ Syko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 2,306
                     
even if he didnt tap, his arm was about to snap so it would of been finished anyways. he should thank Herb Dean for saving his arm.

DJ Syko is offline  
post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
How do you know his arm was going to snap? It's very possible he could've slammed Amir again.

If this was anyone but CB I think people would be acting differently and tat's something that bothers me. CB didn't do a real tap one tap and then moving your arm to defend yourself shouldn't be enough to stop the fight.
bbjd7 is offline  
post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:51 PM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
How do you know his arm was going to snap? It's very possible he could've slammed Amir again.

If this was anyone but CB I think people would be acting differently and tat's something that bothers me. CB didn't do a real tap one tap and then moving your arm to defend yourself shouldn't be enough to stop the fight.
The main point is that he did one tap, intentional or not, and Herb dean was close enough to stop it right away.

Why are you saying he didn't tap? Because he said so? You can clearly see one solid tap. How is Herb dean supposed to know that he didn't mean it or that he accidentally did a tap-like motion? He couldn't possible. Plus, that Arm Bar looked pretty deep to me, plus he'd already tried to pull out of it for a few seconds.

I'm tired of people blaming the ref because the fighter that lost wants to complain.

Do you honestly think that Herb Dean should have just ignored that single tap, just to see if he really meant it? What would your take on it have been had Herb ignored the single tap and then Amir broke his arm? You would be calling for his head for a late stoppage.

This is getting ridiculous.


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Featherweight
 
Pyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 1,299
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
How do you know his arm was going to snap? It's very possible he could've slammed Amir again.

If this was anyone but CB I think people would be acting differently and tat's something that bothers me. CB didn't do a real tap one tap and then moving your arm to defend yourself shouldn't be enough to stop the fight.
You are always defending CB, and said that he would probably be a contender in the MW division, I think we can question if you are unbiased about this.
Pyros is offline  
post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Featherweight
 
70seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Moncton, Canada
Posts: 1,142
                     
I also think CB wanted to tap but then reconsidered ans did a "one tap". But when your arm is locked in an arm bar and the ref is right in front of you, don't tap if you don't mean it.

Can you imagine the controversy if CB wanted to tap but only tapped once and the ref let's CB get his arm broken on live TV? People would say that its not his fault he only tapped once, its not his fault he's inexperienced and panicked and went to protect his arm right away after the single tap.

Herb Dean did the right, and only thing he could do.

Right kick, Hospital.
Left kick, Cemetery.
-Mirko Cro Cop.
70seven is offline  
post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 792
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70seven View Post
I also think CB wanted to tap but then reconsidered ans did a "one tap". But when your arm is locked in an arm bar and the ref is right in front of you, don't tap if you don't mean it.

Can you imagine the controversy if CB wanted to tap but only tapped once and the ref let's CB get his arm broken on live TV? People would say that its not his fault he only tapped once, its not his fault he's inexperienced and panicked and went to protect his arm right away after the single tap.

Herb Dean did the right, and only thing he could do.
Based on my initial reaction - if I was the ref in that spot I probably would have stopped it

Last edited by deanmzi; 06-22-2008 at 04:30 PM.
deanmzi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome