CB is for cry baby. - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
The main point is that he did one tap, intentional or not, and Herb dean was close enough to stop it right away.

Why are you saying he didn't tap? Because he said so? You can clearly see one solid tap. How is Herb dean supposed to know that he didn't mean it or that he accidentally did a tap-like motion? He couldn't possible. Plus, that Arm Bar looked pretty deep to me, plus he'd already tried to pull out of it for a few seconds.

I'm tired of people blaming the ref because the fighter that lost wants to complain.

Do you honestly think that Herb Dean should have just ignored that single tap, just to see if he really meant it? What would your take on it have been had Herb ignored the single tap and then Amir broke his arm? You would be calling for his head for a late stoppage.

This is getting ridiculous.
Agreed 100%. He tapped. Get over it. As a ref, you can't ignore something so obvious as the tap he made.

And why is it "stupid" to hate CB? Nobody does because it's the "cool" thing to do now. Most people hate him because he's a cocky prick. It's justifiable to hate someone like that. I will agree, he's a great fighter for just starting not so long ago. But I will never root for him. I hate the guy as a person. So call that "stupid" or whatever you will, but you need to realize that people hate him for good reasons. Not just because you say it's the "cool" thing to do.

And on a side-note, I found this. You guys try to tell me he didn't tap. The fact of the matter is this: CB tapped. CB changed his mind about it. Then CB wanted to keep going. If this was allowed, then every fighter would be doing this crap.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:49 PM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFranklin88 View Post
Agreed 100%. He tapped. Get over it. As a ref, you can't ignore something so obvious as the tap he made.

And why is it "stupid" to hate CB? Nobody does because it's the "cool" thing to do now. Most people hate him because he's a cocky prick. It's justifiable to hate someone like that. I will agree, he's a great fighter for just starting not so long ago. But I will never root for him. I hate the guy as a person. So call that "stupid" or whatever you will, but you need to realize that people hate him for good reasons. Not just because you say it's the "cool" thing to do.

And on a side-note, I found this. You guys try to tell me he didn't tap. The fact of the matter is this: CB tapped. CB changed his mind about it. Then CB wanted to keep going. If this was allowed, then every fighter would be doing this crap.
I was wondering how long it would take before this GIF was posted

BTW, I agree with you 100%


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #23 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
I was wondering how long it would take before this GIF was posted

BTW, I agree with you 100%
Yea I went searching all over the place and only found one on Sh!tdog. But hey, it's still a GIF. And I think this thread can go to rest now. It's almost impossible to argue in favor of CB at this point.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
post #24 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:55 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3
 
I hadn't seen that slow motion video of it yet. It was obvious in real time and it's extremely obvious in slow motion. CB tapped and for whatever reason he wanted to take it back.

Big congratulations to Amir. He deserves the win.

In my opinion, he neutralized CB completely. I loved the first fight where CB kept eating kicks to the chest. When CB would take him down, he would rarely land a punch or elbow because Amir would be dodging and weaving on the ground constantly.

I'm a huge Amir fan now and am officially on the bandwagon.
MadManMoo is offline  
post #25 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:57 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3
 
One other thing in relation to that slow motion gif. CB tapped and milliseconds after he tapped it looks like his arm is starting to slide free. Maybe he had actually started to get loose and then stopped tapping because of it.

Anyone else see that?
MadManMoo is offline  
post #26 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManMoo View Post
One other thing in relation to that slow motion gif. CB tapped and milliseconds after he tapped it looks like his arm is starting to slide free. Maybe he had actually started to get loose and then stopped tapping because of it.

Anyone else see that?
Well Amir is a classy guy. Maybe he felt the tap and didn't want to hurt CB. Maybe CB knew that and wanted to make Amir think he was tapping so he would let go. Maybe Amir saw Herb coming in to stop it and just started to let go. Nobody knows. Regardless, a tap is a tap. Even if(and I stress the "IF" part) he knew he tapped too early and that he could break free, you can't just change your mind after an obvious tap.

Last edited by AceFranklin88; 06-22-2008 at 05:03 PM.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
post #27 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 05:02 PM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManMoo View Post
One other thing in relation to that slow motion gif. CB tapped and milliseconds after he tapped it looks like his arm is starting to slide free. Maybe he had actually started to get loose and then stopped tapping because of it.

Anyone else see that?
I don't see it

I only see the arm coming free when Herb Dean stepped in. Then Amir let go


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #28 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 05:06 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3
 
Totally agree. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell CB was thinking.

I know he tapped. Why did he act like a complete moron and act like he didn't?

We might not ever have an answer to that question, but I think it comes down to a lack of class.

On the close-up shot of it, CB's black glove starts to move upwards immediately after the tap.

It may be that Herb was so quick to get in there or as Ace said, Amir may have loosened up because he has class.

Last edited by Chrisl972; 06-23-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Double Post
MadManMoo is offline  
post #29 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
The main point is that he did one tap, intentional or not, and Herb dean was close enough to stop it right away.

Why are you saying he didn't tap? Because he said so? You can clearly see one solid tap. How is Herb dean supposed to know that he didn't mean it or that he accidentally did a tap-like motion? He couldn't possible. Plus, that Arm Bar looked pretty deep to me, plus he'd already tried to pull out of it for a few seconds.

I'm tired of people blaming the ref because the fighter that lost wants to complain.

Do you honestly think that Herb Dean should have just ignored that single tap, just to see if he really meant it? What would your take on it have been had Herb ignored the single tap and then Amir broke his arm? You would be calling for his head for a late stoppage.

This is getting ridiculous.
I'm not calling for the refs head. I said Herb should've let it go a little longer because guess what one tap is not the sign of submission 3 is.

If Herb had let CB sit in the armbar after that one tap then CB moving his hand down I would've said nothing because he wouldn't have done anything wrong.

I'm not saying he robbed CB I'm saying it was a quick stoppage.

There is no way for a ref to know what a guy means by one tap that's why the sign is 3.

Also I think Amir's submission game is fantastic and I have no problem with the fact he beat CB. Don't like CB much at all. He is a great MMA Prospect but he's cocky however whats wrong with him being upset by the stoppage. Tapping out is supposed to be three taps the reason it's three is because it's hard to read just one.

Last edited by bbjd7; 06-22-2008 at 05:13 PM.
bbjd7 is offline  
post #30 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
AceFranklin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,273
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManMoo View Post
Totally agree. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell CB was thinking.

I know he tapped. Why did he act like a complete moron and act like he didn't?

We might not ever have an answer to that question, but I think it comes down to a lack of class.
That's what it is. Lack of class mixed with embarrassment from tapping AGAIN. He wanted to make himself look good (even though he failed) by flipping out and protesting a potential early stoppage. Hell, Vera got some sympathy for freaking out. Maybe CB thought he could too.

But if CB would have understood that Amir's mullet was too powerful for his own lip, this would have never happened.
AceFranklin88 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome