What will happen to Junie tonight ? - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #41 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
joppp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,279
joppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
He said why he is doing it and I believe him. He is self destructive. He is trying to screw up and eventually he'll succeed.

Having said that, a huge portion of blame lies with the producers. They isolate these guys and limit their activities drastically (no books, no contact with family/friends) but unlimited alcohol. The only purpose of retarded rules like that is to try and generate confrontation and every season it succeeds.

They then proceed to wag their finger at the fighters for being out of control idiots. The hypocrisy makes me sick.

I'm not absolving Junie, he can control himself and he didn't. He made choices but the producers are going out of their way to set guys like him up for failure.
Fully agree. Junie IS a complete jackass, though, the way he acts even when he's sober!
__________________
Official Leader of the Demian Maia Subway Station!

Dustin Hazelett - I'm McLovin' it

"The second he hits me, I will crush him!" - WAND (WAR)
joppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,177
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
He said why he is doing it and I believe him. He is self destructive. He is trying to screw up and eventually he'll succeed.

Having said that, a huge portion of blame lies with the producers. They isolate these guys and limit their activities drastically (no books, no contact with family/friends) but unlimited alcohol. The only purpose of retarded rules like that is to try and generate confrontation and every season it succeeds.

They then proceed to wag their finger at the fighters for being out of control idiots. The hypocrisy makes me sick.

I'm not absolving Junie, he can control himself and he didn't. He made choices but the producers are going out of their way to set guys like him up for failure.

They aren't setting him up for failure, they're seeing what he's like in stressful situations.

I mean if they don't allow alcohol, how are they to know what he's like at the bar?

I really thinkthat they look at the core of the person when they do these shows and I'm OK with that.

He's a little man that feels like being a bully. They know that now and I really believe they should kick him off and never let him back.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #43 (permalink)
ASS MAN
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,062
Walker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF Material
It's already been said- the kid has some major issues and is definitely not ready to be placed in a pressure cooker that's under a microscope for all to see. If they really cared about him they would forget about the ratings his act could bring and get him some deseparately needed help that he so obviously needs.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #44 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,177
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
It's already been said- the kid has some major issues and is definitely not ready to be placed in a pressure cooker that's under a microscope for all to see. If they really cared about him they would forget about the ratings his act could bring and get him some deseparately needed help that he so obviously needs.
Why would they "care" for him? They don't know him. He hasn't shown anything that's even likable.

It's not the place of the UFC to try and reform potential fighters, it's their place to find the ones that are ready.

I've known many people like Junie in my life time and to be honest, I think the world is a better place without them.

I can pretty much guarantee that he has made MANY people miserable for many years. I'm sure that their are people that only met him once that wished he had never been born.

If you have someone that is unable to live in the rules of a society, don't change the rules, get rid of the one that can't abide by them.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #45 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
nhgranite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 36
nhgranite is an unknown quantity at this pointnhgranite is an unknown quantity at this pointnhgranite is an unknown quantity at this point
there's not another dude in that house that wants to fight that psycho. as much as i want him booted i want just as badly to see his next fight (in the cage) with someone from the house. efrain said he wants him but i bet he really wants no part of that wack job. i also don't think he jumped the cage to be an attention whore i think he "lost" it seeing someone he doesn't like win. this guys anger is amazing.
__________________
evan tanner: r.i.p brother, you are missed.
nhgranite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #46 (permalink)
ASS MAN
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,062
Walker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972 View Post
Why would they "care" for him? They don't know him. He hasn't shown anything that's even likable.

It's not the place of the UFC to try and reform potential fighters, it's their place to find the ones that are ready.

I've known many people like Junie in my life time and to be honest, I think the world is a better place without them.

I can pretty much guarantee that he has made MANY people miserable for many years. I'm sure that their are people that only met him once that wished he had never been born.

If you have someone that is unable to live in the rules of a society, don't change the rules, get rid of the one that can't abide by them.
All I meant to say was get the kid off the show as soon as possible. He's got major issues- so get him off the show and check him into a rehab clinic or something.

I never said that I think they should help by by caring for him by reforming him as a potential fighter as he's already shown he is not capable of handling pressure. I could care less if this guy becomes a fighter anywhere much less the UFC. All I want them to do is get him off the show and don't use his f*cked up issues to try and draw ratings.

Do the decent thing- get him off the show, try and point him in the right direction to possibly change his life and then if he doesn't so be it.

This kid will either end up in jail or picking the fight with the wrong person in a drunken stupor and end up dead. I think the least Dana could do is try and help the kid out by removing him and showing him how he can get help if he wants to change his life. If he doesn't- oh well.

I've known guys like this before too and the end has almost been 100% bad.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #47 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,844
Drogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972 View Post
They aren't setting him up for failure, they're seeing what he's like in stressful situations.
I mean if they don't allow alcohol, how are they to know what he's like at the bar?
I really thinkthat they look at the core of the person when they do these shows and I'm OK with that.
He's a little man that feels like being a bully. They know that now and I really believe they should kick him off and never let him back.
He is obviously a douche bag and no question he should be kicked off.

However this sitation is nothing like a bar. It is so absurdly artificial (the isolation, lack of communication) that is doesn't test anything remotely relevant to becoming a fighter. The sole purpose is to create cabin fever in the hopes that it leads to idiotic behaviour (which it always does).

It is more like being in jail than anywhere else when they do these shows except in jail you actually do have access to books and a phone and you don't have alcohol. So stupid.
Drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #48 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
DropKick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,579
DropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
He said why he is doing it and I believe him. He is self destructive. He is trying to screw up and eventually he'll succeed.

Having said that, a huge portion of blame lies with the producers. They isolate these guys and limit their activities drastically (no books, no contact with family/friends) but unlimited alcohol. The only purpose of retarded rules like that is to try and generate confrontation and every season it succeeds.

They then proceed to wag their finger at the fighters for being out of control idiots. The hypocrisy makes me sick.

I'm not absolving Junie, he can control himself and he didn't. He made choices but the producers are going out of their way to set guys like him up for failure.
I disagree. The producers don't make these guys act like that. They have alcohol in the house but if you notice only 2 of the guys got drunk and acted like total douche bags. They weren't set up, they weren't forced to drink and they certainly weren't told to act like total A holes when they got drunk. Junie himself said he has a drinking problem. Maybe he shouldn't have been drinking? Given the fact that they are there to train and fight I'd think you'd want to lay off the booze anyway. There are people capable of having a couple drinks and not acting like complete idiots.

Throwing glasses at people and threatening to hit them with bottles is way over the line. Not to mention getting in peoples faces and pushing them trying to start a fight. I think Bader, Krystof or the guy who got hit by the glass would have been well within reason to kick that fools ass. Amazingly though they all showed a lot of restraint. That's the reason though why those guys may have a future in MMA. Junie may be talented but he obviously doesn't have the mental or emotional makeup to be a top fighter. A big part of being a professional is acting like a professional.

Don't even get me started on that other asshat that talked a lot of shit then got choked the **** out. I laughed at that kid.
__________________
-----------------------------

"I does work" - Brett Rogers

“I don’t know what kind of technique was used there, but there was a lot of kicking and punching.” – Jim Brown

Last edited by DropKick : 10-09-2008 at 11:25 AM.
DropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #49 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,177
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post


All I meant to say was get the kid off the show as soon as possible. He's got major issues- so get him off the show and check him into a rehab clinic or something.

I never said that I think they should help by by caring for him by reforming him as a potential fighter as he's already shown he is not capable of handling pressure. I could care less if this guy becomes a fighter anywhere much less the UFC. All I want them to do is get him off the show and don't use his f*cked up issues to try and draw ratings.

Do the decent thing- get him off the show, try and point him in the right direction to possibly change his life and then if he doesn't so be it.

This kid will either end up in jail or picking the fight with the wrong person in a drunken stupor and end up dead. I think the least Dana could do is try and help the kid out by removing him and showing him how he can get help if he wants to change his life. If he doesn't- oh well.

I've known guys like this before too and the end has almost been 100% bad.
I understand what you are saying now and I agree 100%!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
He is obviously a douche bag and no question he should be kicked off.

However this sitation is nothing like a bar. It is so absurdly artificial (the isolation, lack of communication) that is doesn't test anything remotely relevant to becoming a fighter. The sole purpose is to create cabin fever in the hopes that it leads to idiotic behaviour (which it always does).

It is more like being in jail than anywhere else when they do these shows except in jail you actually do have access to books and a phone and you don't have alcohol. So stupid.
It is like a bar, except he's at the bar, he doesn't have to worry about the "other guy" being a trained fighter when he feels like bowing up and pushing people around.

The only thing that really makes that house like prison is the mindset of some of the people in it.

Why is it that some people make it through the house and some don't? That house is a blessing for those guys and the ones that are able to accept good things in their life without screwing it up do well, the ones that destroy anything they can, don't. It really is that simple.

Why do you feel that it's stupid for them to gauge people in this way? That house is just a catalyst for seeing how their lives really are, nothing more.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,225
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
My thoughts on Junie Browning (and stupid people in general) are up on the site.

Curtis and I will talk about it a little in the podcast.

Honestly, if you ask to get hit in the face by a fight with 70 pounds on you, you should get hit by a fighter with 70 pounds on you.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios