Tuf V - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
LethalLLama
 
iwasthere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 106
             
Tuf V

What should the next TUF be about? Does anyone have any good ideas? I believe they should continue getting underground or beginner fighters and have good trainers and see who wins like they did for the first 3. Or maybe get MMA fans who haven't fought professionally or maybe not even semi-pro and let them try out and have judges to say who makes it on the show. Judges like Randy, Royce, and a great striker.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...goodvsevil.jpg
<------ people love me!!!!
REP. points are always welcomed with my words of wisdom...
iwasthere is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 03:58 AM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Here's what it's gonna be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAweekly
-Rumored First Coach: Jens Pulver

-Rumored Second Coach: BJ Penn

-Rumored Format: Sixteen Lightweight (155-pound) Fighters

Season premiere date on Spike TV: Early 2007
Source

The coaches are rumored but I heard Dana talking about it somewhere and it WILL be 16 lightweights....supposed to be ones that are already good, not so many up-and-comers this time.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Here's what it's gonna be....


Source

The coaches are rumored but I heard Dana talking about it somewhere and it WILL be 16 lightweights....supposed to be ones that are already good, not so many up-and-comers this time.

The rumor was 8 vetrans, or comebacks, and 8 newcomers.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:19 AM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
The rumor was 8 vetrans, or comebacks, and 8 newcomers.
Yea that's right I remember now. That's what Dana said but I don't remember where I heard him say that? Mighta been Final Conflict or possibly Unstoppable, I know it was recently though...
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Yea that's right I remember now. That's what Dana said but I don't remember where I heard him say that? Mighta been Final Conflict or possibly Unstoppable, I know it was recently though...

Yeah, It might be interesting.
I liked the idea of teams with trainers or whatever like the first 3 a LOT more than this season though. There was no real reason to watch.
So hopefully they work something out.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:26 AM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Yeah, It might be interesting.
I liked the idea of teams with trainers or whatever like the first 3 a LOT more than this season though. There was no real reason to watch.
So hopefully they work something out.
Agree, this seasons layout is terrible in comparison to the original idea and I'm sure the Fertitas and Dana know it.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:30 AM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Agree, this seasons layout is terrible in comparison to the original idea and I'm sure the Fertitas and Dana know it.

Oh definatly, the ratings hit an all time low this season, almost every episode.
There was nothing to watch, the guys goofing off at the house, they didnt show any real working out or training, and the fights have been pretty boring too
AtomDanger is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 11:01 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Quietus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 80
 
I've only seen TUF3 and TUF4, but I agree that the 'coaches' concept of TUF3 was more entertaining than the 'trainers' concept of TUF4.

Mixing newbies with veterans sounds interesting. You're bound to get some good conflict out of that:

Vet: You better listen to me, boy.
Noob: Shut up you has-been.
Vet: What have you done? I've fought Shamrock, Ortiz, and Liddell! Show some respect!
Noob: And you lost to each of them! Shut up, old man! Respect is earned in the ring.
... and so on

By the way it part of the TUF4 contract that they couldn't wear shirts in the house? Or did the UFC just not have enough shirts to go around? Every time I saw them in the house I was thinking "Put some clothes on, dammit!"

qui‧e‧tus  [kwahy-ee-tuhs]
1. a finishing stroke; anything that effectually ends or settles
2. discharge or release from life.
3. a period of retirement or inactivity.
Quietus is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 12:26 PM
esv
Middleweight
 
esv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,567
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietus
I've only seen TUF3 and TUF4, but I agree that the 'coaches' concept of TUF3 was more entertaining than the 'trainers' concept of TUF4.

Mixing newbies with veterans sounds interesting. You're bound to get some good conflict out of that:

Vet: You better listen to me, boy.
Noob: Shut up you has-been.
Vet: What have you done? I've fought Shamrock, Ortiz, and Liddell! Show some respect!
Noob: And you lost to each of them! Shut up, old man! Respect is earned in the ring.
... and so on

By the way it part of the TUF4 contract that they couldn't wear shirts in the house? Or did the UFC just not have enough shirts to go around? Every time I saw them in the house I was thinking "Put some clothes on, dammit!"
lol that dialouge is hilarious, great post.
esv is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Flyweight
 
thevarsmolta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Beach
Posts: 367
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by esv
lol that dialouge is hilarious, great post.
I thought the dialogue came off as cheesy.

And he obviously has some insecurities with his sexuality if he needs guys to put their shirts on. lol

- Chris

The Ever-Popular Top 5 Fighters List

Dan Henderson
BJ Penn
GSP
Takanori Gomi
Wanderlei Silva
thevarsmolta is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome