Why Any Mature or Reasonable Person Doesn't Enjoy "The Ultimate Fighter 8" - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 50
 
its bogus

the show is no longer entertaining

also look at the fruit again there was 2 inches of urine in it and when they ate it could not see liquid

we are not talking good fun we are talking potential health issues. I do not believe that this show holds any interest what so ever to the majority of people that have been watching it. the show saved the UFC because of its interest to others. what market are they after now not the paying public that can afford the live events or pay per view.

call it what you will
but they are getting away with a lot of things that would not be allowed. Dana talks about what fighters are and how the should act then allows this.

Condone it and it will get worse.
k91st is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by k91st View Post
the show is no longer entertaining
You may personally feel that way, but I believe the ratings show that many others find it entertaining.

Quote:
we are not talking good fun we are talking potential health issues.
actually, urine is virtually sterile. you'd have a better chance of getting sick from having a guy's sweat get into your mouth or eyes during jitz practice. even the jizz really wasn't that dangerous, these guys are tested for blood borne diseases before being cleared to fight. I suppose there is an outside chance you could get herpes lol

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 50
 
wasnt my point and there was a show like this it was called fear factor
k91st is offline  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post

actually, urine is virtually sterile. you'd have a better chance of getting sick from having a guy's sweat get into your mouth or eyes during jitz practice. even the jizz really wasn't that dangerous, these guys are tested for blood borne diseases before being cleared to fight. I suppose there is an outside chance you could get herpes lol
Don't mean to sound gross, but unless the dude has some sort of disease or infection, urine leaves the body in a sterile state. Either way, I have a hard time believing the producers of the show would let someone ingest something that dangerous. (Sperm.) So I am hoping that it's just for the ratings and it didn't really happen. I mean hopw can you eat a piece of fruit and not know it's saturated with urine, and with sushi, semen?! I just have a hard time believing these dudes really ate something that was so adulterated but they still didn't notice.



CornbreadBB is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Bantamweight
 
adobostreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 611
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by k91st View Post
wasnt my point and there was a show like this it was called fear factor
who cares its not like joe rogan is hosting it
adobostreak is offline  
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornbreadBB View Post
Don't mean to sound gross, but unless the dude has some sort of disease or infection, urine leaves the body in a sterile state.
I know. See how I said it in the first sentence of the post you quoted?

Quote:
Either way, I have a hard time believing the producers of the show would let someone ingest something that dangerous. (Sperm.) So I am hoping that it's just for the ratings and it didn't really happen. I mean hopw can you eat a piece of fruit and not know it's saturated with urine, and with sushi, semen?! I just have a hard time believing these dudes really ate something that was so adulterated but they still didn't notice.
I have a tougher time believing they'd take the risk of scripting a scenario in that manner.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Bantamweight
 
sicc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 621
                     
show kicks ass
sicc is offline  
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Amatuer
 
EbonGear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 128
 
The fruit would have absorbed all the liquid, that's why it looked like there was less in there. I think the prank was deserved but I would have been pissed someone took something 4 guys pissed in and put it in the fridge where everyone in the house keeps their food.
EbonGear is offline  
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I know. See how I said it in the first sentence of the post you quoted?


I have a tougher time believing they'd take the risk of scripting a scenario in that manner.
You speak the truth my friend, I guess I just don't want to believe that that sorta thing could actually happen. And no need to be a dick dude, I quoted you and added something to it, albeit a little something. But if we agree, why be rude?



CornbreadBB is offline  
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 830
               
I enjoy it...

It's funny. And there is a ton of talent.
The Finisher is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome