Matt Hamill Ultimate Fighter Tv - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 06-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
 
adminmma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,396
Blog Entries: 1
adminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level now
Matt Hamill Ultimate Fighter Tv

Wow, looks like he improved his standup, but no submissions? Hes going to really have to improve that aspect of his fighting!




Anyone else watch the match tonight ?
adminmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7
Intuitive has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by adminmma
Wow, looks like he improved his standup, but no submissions? Hes going to really have to improve that aspect of his fighting!




Anyone else watch the match tonight ?

Agreed - better standup, but he has a way to go, especially against quality opponents. Matt vs. Michael B., UFC should schedule it soon.

By the way, I didn't know Matt was to fight tonight. How do you hear about these upcoming fights? Another thread says Danny will fight Khalib, when did that come about?
Intuitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60
Gman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
As I said in the other thread, I think Matt is a diamond in the rough, but has along road ahead of him. His performance was completely dominant, but absolutely basic. A definite mismatch of strength more than anything else.



I got more entertainment value out of the last episode of TUF 3, where we briefly saw Shortfuse Herman challenge Matt to a takedown in the house. By the looks of it, Ed was regretting that little game as Matt held him down with one arm, while singing some obnoxious song.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
Rush has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm demanding they thrown in a match at UFC 62 where there is a match for another contract...Hamill .vs. Bisping. They hated each other and they are both damn good, it would be a good fight but Matt would come up with 2nd round TKO I bet. Anyone else want to see it?

Matt has never been good on his ground game or submission game. He always gets them down but just leaves them there. Thats what he did to Mike.
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Dandada187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 111
Dandada187 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by adminmma
Wow, looks like he improved his standup, but no submissions? Hes going to really have to improve that aspect of his fighting!




Anyone else watch the match tonight ?
I thought he looked very good but i can see him getting choked out
Dandada187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60
Gman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
I'm demanding they thrown in a match at UFC 62 where there is a match for another contract...Hamill .vs. Bisping. They hated each other and they are both damn good, it would be a good fight but Matt would come up with 2nd round TKO I bet. Anyone else want to see it?

Matt has never been good on his ground game or submission game. He always gets them down but just leaves them there. Thats what he did to Mike.
Keep in mind, Matt had a reason why he did that with Mike. He said before the fight that he wasn't going to go to the ground because of his injury at the time, and he stuck to that gameplan. Luckily, it worked for him.

Against Jesse last night, Hamill showed a lot more, his ground and pound was sufficient to dominate his opponent. However, he's very unpolished still, and there's a lot of holes in his style that would be easily taken advantage of by someone seasoned in submissions... like Bisping.

At this point and time, if Hamill fought Bisping, I would bet on Bisping to take him by submission, or possibly a knockout. That's not to say Matt doesn't have the potential to become a much better fighter than Bisping in time, because I think the tools are there.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
rana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: england
Posts: 157
rana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Keep in mind, Matt had a reason why he did that with Mike. He said before the fight that he wasn't going to go to the ground because of his injury at the time, and he stuck to that gameplan. Luckily, it worked for him.

Against Jesse last night, Hamill showed a lot more, his ground and pound was sufficient to dominate his opponent. However, he's very unpolished still, and there's a lot of holes in his style that would be easily taken advantage of by someone seasoned in submissions... like Bisping.

At this point and time, if Hamill fought Bisping, I would bet on Bisping to take him by submission, or possibly a knockout. That's not to say Matt doesn't have the potential to become a much better fighter than Bisping in time, because I think the tools are there.
i agree matt is good but he still has some things he needs to work on.
i definately see bisping winning if they schedule the fight soon.
he's just so aggressive.
i hope for matts sake it doesnt happen soon, give him a little more time
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator
 
adminmma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,396
Blog Entries: 1
adminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level now
Bisping vs Hamill, not now, Matt is not ready. Bisping seems to have his stuff together, its meshing well (his JJ, stand up and takedown). Matt as one user said looked unpolished, i agree 100%.
He has his take downs, but no submissions, it doesnt look second nature to him yet where as a guy like Kendall and even Bisping just flow better.

Bisping vs Hamill would be a disaster at this stage and i would bet all my points on Bisping for the win! (and i like them both too )
adminmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
rana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: england
Posts: 157
rana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enoughrana will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adminmma
Bisping vs Hamill, not now, Matt is not ready. Bisping seems to have his stuff together, its meshing well (his JJ, stand up and takedown). Matt as one user said looked unpolished, i agree 100%.
He has his take downs, but no submissions, it doesnt look second nature to him yet where as a guy like Kendall and even Bisping just flow better.

Bisping vs Hamill would be a disaster at this stage and i would bet all my points on Bisping for the win! (and i like them both too )
yep u took the words right out of my mouth matt is getting better but not enough to fight somebody like bisping now!
it would be a shame for him to do so and lose, somehow i see it affecting him if he does, but i think he's smart and knows he needs time.
if u go on ufc.com theres an interview with him under multimedia, b4 the fight and he says so himself
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 131
alamojj has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderxcosta
those of you who said that Matt looks unpolished and has no submission may be right-- but Bisping is overrated and Matt could take him down at will---- I do not see him getting caught in an armbar or submission by Bisping because Matt is so strong---
We are all just speculating--- know one knows for sure until they fight--
and they should have if Bisping wasn't a prick and released the armbar in practice--- how far do you need to go to "practice an armbar" ??

Go Matt ......get revenge
Bisping got him in an armbar on the show though...thats what injured his arm to begin with.
alamojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios