TUF 10 Video: Storylines Heading into The Ultimate Fighter 10
Spike.com has released an extended preview of the season premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights and in only the first eight minutes of the episode, the storylines are already in place for what is expected to be one of the highest-rated seasons of the series.
Taped for six weeks in June, the show premieres Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 10PM ET on Spike TV following the live broadcast of UFC Fight Night 19.
1. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Rashad Evans. The opposing head coaches head into the season with a prior history of dislike towards each other. They exchanged verbal jabs face-to-face at UFC 96 when Evans confronted Jackson following Jackson's win over Evans' teammate Keith Jardine, and then the two were supposed to square off at UFC 98 before Jackson's removal due to injuries. In the preview, the two don't waste time trading insults as they wait for the contestants to enter.
"I'm going to kick the [expletive] out of you, Rashad," said Jackson, to which Evans replied, "Let me tell you why it ain't gonna happen. You're too slow, and your head is too big and too easy to hit."
If their opening interaction is any indication of the rest of the season, the buildup for the fight could turn out to be more entertaining than the fight itself.
2. NFL players in MMA. Marcus Jones, Brendan Schaub, Wes Shivers and Matt Mitrione are the four gridiron pros looking to make a mark in MMA.
"People were saying that ex-NFL players don't have a place in MMA," Jones said. "That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."
3. How will Kimbo Slice fare in the UFC? Slice has a lot to prove after being exposed in his last fight on national television in 14 seconds. Here he gets a big shot towards legitimacy and an opportunity to silence his biggest critic: UFC president Dana White.
"I think there are going to be millions of fans that tune into this show to see me eat some crow, and want Kimbo to prove me wrong," said White.
4. How will Kimbo be treated in the house? From the preview, Slice already has an enemy in former NFL player Schaub, who voiced his displeasure with expletives upon the introduction of Slice.
"I think Kimbo Slice has a bounty over his head," Schaub said. "When he walked in it was like a sheep entering the room with a bunch of wolves."
However, Slice does have a fan in a high place, as he appears bound for Jackson's squad.
"You ain't got to do a damn thing, I want you on my team," Jackson told Slice.
5. Roy Nelson. Nelson is the most accomplished contestant on the show and the favorite to win the competition. A former IFL heavyweight champion, Nelson (13-4)'s last two fights were against former UFC title contenders Jeff Monson and Andrei Arlovski.
"The different between me and the guys is: I'm a professional," Nelson said. "In the pecking order, hopefully I'm in the top of the top."
Not sure if this has been posted yet, the commments between Rampage and Rashad are too funny.