Roy Nelson - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 09-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 209
Kodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the rough
Roy Nelson

I just watched a youtube video of Nelson and Frank Mir wrestling, it looked like early on Mir was having his way but Nelson ended up winning. I had no idea his ground game was on Mirs level. Nelson was MUCH skinnier then and I cant even imagine he would be on Mirs level now.

Is there any heavyweight currently in the UFC that Big Country nelson can beat? I would really like to see him get his ass whooped.
Kodiac26170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Seperator88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MIDWEST
Posts: 520
Seperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the rough
youre crazy man, i picked nelson as having one of the best chances of winning tuf this season, the guy is a veteran and has some serious skills.
Seperator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Revolution
 
SimplyNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,018
SimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He Crosses
He'd probably go on a hot and cold streak in the UFC. Being able to catch others while others beat him down.
__________________
SimplyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Servatose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 964
Servatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyNate View Post
He'd probably go on a hot and cold streak in the UFC. Being able to catch others while others beat him down.
Pretty much this. At the very least until he begins to take training seriously.
Servatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 209
Kodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the roughKodiac26170 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperator88 View Post
youre crazy man, i picked nelson as having one of the best chances of winning tuf this season, the guy is a veteran and has some serious skills.

I think he will win TUF as well but I was trying to think of any guys currently in the UFC that i thought he could beat and I dont give him much of a chance against anyone.
Kodiac26170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Seperator88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MIDWEST
Posts: 520
Seperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the roughSeperator88 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiac26170 View Post
I think he will win TUF as well but I was trying to think of any guys currently in the UFC that i thought he could beat and I dont give him much of a chance against anyone.
yea i have to agree with you on that one, ufc's hw is so stacked and someone else touched on it, i don't think he takes training that seriously, he just goes out and fights
Seperator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In a condominium.
Posts: 31
bOoRadley Needs A HugbOoRadley Needs A HugbOoRadley Needs A HugbOoRadley Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiac26170 View Post
Is there any heavyweight currently in the UFC that Big Country nelson can beat? I would really like to see him get his ass whooped.
The UFC heavyweight division is weak and has been for a long time. So weak that a light heavyweight old enough to order from the seniors menu at Denny's came back to take the title. And so weak that an ex pro_wrestler coming off a failed attempt at a football career can stroll in and get a title shot with a 2-1-0 record and actually win it.

So yeah, Roy Nelson will fit in with the UFC heavyweights just fine and probably do quite well.
bOoRadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
King JLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 457
King JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bOoRadley View Post
The UFC heavyweight division is weak and has been for a long time. So weak that a light heavyweight old enough to order from the seniors menu at Denny's came back to take the title. And so weak that an ex pro_wrestler coming off a failed attempt at a football career can stroll in and get a title shot with a 2-1-0 record and actually win it.

So yeah, Roy Nelson will fit in with the UFC heavyweights just fine and probably do quite well.
Your views are too biased. Name 3 strong and relevant heavyweights outside the UFC not named Fedor.

Randy Couture was 43 when he beat Sylvia and that's because he's an anomaly. Brock Lesnar is a freak of nature and beat top ranked heavy weights whether you choose to accept it or not. Using those two as examples to push your claim of a weak division is unfounded and irrelevant. This division has grown like crazy in the last two years and we are seeing some very competitive matchups to determine future contenders.

Welterweight and middleweight... hmm two champs and no clear cut contenders... does that make them weak? Does any deserve to face GSP or Silva? I think there are more deserving contenders at heavyweight: Carwin, Velasquez, Santos (one day), Kongo (long overdue)... I wouldn't call the division stacked but calling it weak by looking at Brock and Randy is just senseless.
King JLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In a condominium.
Posts: 31
bOoRadley Needs A HugbOoRadley Needs A HugbOoRadley Needs A HugbOoRadley Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by King JLB View Post
I wouldn't call the division stacked but calling it weak by looking at Brock and Randy is just senseless.
Yeah, how foolish of me to use as my example the former title holder and the current title holder.

What was I thinking
bOoRadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by King JLB View Post
Your views are too biased. Name 3 strong and relevant heavyweights outside the UFC not named Fedor.

Randy Couture was 43 when he beat Sylvia and that's because he's an anomaly. Brock Lesnar is a freak of nature and beat top ranked heavy weights whether you choose to accept it or not. Using those two as examples to push your claim of a weak division is unfounded and irrelevant. This division has grown like crazy in the last two years and we are seeing some very competitive matchups to determine future contenders.

Eh... you're bias too. Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski, Rogers, the other Overeem, Monsoon, etc there's other HWs out there. The UFC's HW division is weak, so is everyone else's. UFC says JDS is their best striker at HW and he couldn't even tko or ko a daydreaming, wetfooted CroCop. Mir gets bullied and lost to Vera and beat a nearly-dead Nog and then somehow was claimed as being one of the best HWs ever.

And Brock couldn't finish Herring and did get beat by Mir, and had trouble with a wrestler 60lbs lighter than him.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios