MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Ultimate Fighter TV (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/)
-   -   Coture GSP TUF 4 (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/669-coture-gsp-tuf-4-a.html)

Eminem 06-29-2006 07:00 AM

Coture GSP TUF 4
 
Hey who has heard about this???

I think it's kinda weird to have Randy on the show again......But it still should be nice,GSP doesn't seem like the coaching type but hey it should be cool
whats your thoughts?

moldy 06-29-2006 02:45 PM

I really like GSP. And please don't get me wrong i am in now way being racists but he english is horrible. I'm canadian and i can't understand him. He is amazing and his camp is really good. But like really " I knew he was hurt when i slamed him and he went AGGGHHH" or " I 2 times better then before". I really like the guy and i'm not makeing fun of his french heritage i'm just saying it would be hard to understand him.

Rush 06-29-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moldy
I really like GSP. And please don't get me wrong i am in now way being racists but he english is horrible. I'm canadian and i can't understand him. He is amazing and his camp is really good. But like really " I knew he was hurt when i slamed him and he went AGGGHHH" or " I 2 times better then before". I really like the guy and i'm not makeing fun of his french heritage i'm just saying it would be hard to understand him.

I know, because he is French. You know how in those PPV's they ask the audience what they think is going to win then they asked him and hes like "arlofskin. he hevvy hittar." Then I saw him beat Frank Trigg then he started saying something in French and did that motion with his hands like he wanted the belt around his waste.

alamojj 06-29-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush
I know, because he is French. You know how in those PPV's they ask the audience what they think is going to win then they asked him and hes like "arlofskin. he hevvy hittar." Then I saw him beat Frank Trigg then he started saying something in French and did that motion with his hands like he wanted the belt around his waste.

He's gonna **** Hughes up, but if he doesnt then noone will, Rush is by far the best next to Hughes in the WW division.

Rush 06-29-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alamojj
He's gonna **** Hughes up, but if he doesnt then noone will, Rush is by far the best next to Hughes in the WW division.

Yeah, I'm waiting for a rematch. Last time Georges was way too inexperienced and not ready and it wasn't fair giving him a shot back then. Now he is way more of a better fighter and I think has the tools to TKO Hughes in the first round. I mean, Matt Hughes was owned by BJ Penn and Georges easily beat BJ Penn by decision.

alamojj 06-29-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rush
Yeah, I'm waiting for a rematch. Last time Georges was way too inexperienced and not ready and it wasn't fair giving him a shot back then. Now he is way more of a better fighter and I think has the tools to TKO Hughes in the first round. I mean, Matt Hughes was owned by BJ Penn and Georges easily beat BJ Penn by decision.

I wouldnt say he easily beat Penn, but he did beat him. Penn and Rush were both beaten up pretty good.

UFCFAN33 06-29-2006 05:08 PM

hughes will stay champ.

Steeda3 06-29-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alamojj
He's gonna **** Hughes up, but if he doesnt then noone will, Rush is by far the best next to Hughes in the WW division.

BJ Penn can beat Hughes as well...People seem to forget about him...He made Matt tap.

Steeda3 06-29-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eminem
Hey who has heard about this???

I think it's kinda weird to have Randy on the show again......But it still should be nice,GSP doesn't seem like the coaching type but hey it should be cool
whats your thoughts?


All this decison show me is this....Dana White is very bias...Think about....Is Randy Couture the only guy on this show that knows how to fight? Hell no...What about Pat Miletich....What about Frank Shamrock?....That guys is the most underated UFC Champion ever....He totally raped Ortiz put you can't find any material on him anywhere...

But you never hear anything about any of these past legends....What about Vitor Belfort or Royce Gracie......?

This show needs someone that will pour there heart into these fighters...Not fighters that are only there for themselve like Ken Shamrock was.....Not say Couture is like that, because i really like Randy...I just think he's retired and he should stay that way....

He's poured his heart and soul into the UFC, so Dana should give that man a break and let him take a much needed vaction or give him an office job within the company.

Onganju 06-29-2006 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeda3
All this decison show me is this....Dana White is very bias...Think about....Is Randy Couture the only guy on this show that knows how to fight? Hell no...What about Pat Miletich....What about Frank Shamrock?....That guys is the most underated UFC Champion ever....He totally raped Ortiz put you can't find any material on him anywhere...

But you never hear anything about any of these past legends....What about Vitor Belfort or Royce Gracie......?

This show needs someone that will pour there heart into these fighters...Not fighters that are only there for themselve like Ken Shamrock was.....Not say Couture is like that, because i really like Randy...I just think he's retired and he should stay that way....

He's poured his heart and soul into the UFC, so Dana should give that man a break and let him take a much needed vaction or give him an office job within the company.

Actually, I think the issue is that ALL of the guys you're mentioned are under contract, or doing other things, or wouldn't fit the bill at all. Let's look at your list:

Pat Miletich: Under contract with the IFL
Frank Shamrock: Running his own promotion
Vitor Belfort: Under contract with Pride
Royce Gracie: Under contract with K-1
Ken Shamrock: We all know what kind of joke that would be

I think the thing about Randy is that he's a great spokesman/ambassadour for the sport in general. Unlike other guys on TUF show who's been on there as a coach, he's the only one who actually coaches with some real passion for the guys under him. The only other guys who seemed to fit the bill were Tito Ortiz (just got done with TUF), and Rich Franklin (busy healing up and getting back into shape). If Randy is there as a spokesperson and a (part-time) trainer it doesn't hurt him at all.

Besides, Randy probably isn't complaining because he still stays involved in what he loves without risking getting beatdown at any given night.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2