TUF 3: Ken = Mr. Burns - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
TUF 3: Ken = Mr. Burns

I was watching a couple of episodes of TUF3 recently, and watching all of Ken Shamrock's antics as a trainer reminded me a lot of Mr. Burns in the Softball episode of The Simpsons.

Recall that in that episode, Mr. Burns first wants to recruit a team of ringers all of whom are now dead ("bring me better players... bring me living players!") Then he insists on hypnotizing his team of all-stars into thinking they are good players. Then he makes them drink an ancient nerve tonic, which gives one of them gigantism (I think it's Ken Griffy Jnr.).

Ken Shamrock, by comparison, doesn't bring a ju-jitsu coach, gives them a bodybuilder as a conditioning coach, doesn't do give cardio training, keeps getting them to goof off, doesn't turn up sometimes, and alternates between getting them to beat the crap out of eachother and taking it easy.

Actually, Ken may be nuttier than Burns.
I.P.Freely is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:07 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 54
 
reped great post.
k doggy dog is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:50 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MECHANICSVILLE, VA
Posts: 10
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.P.Freely
I was watching a couple of episodes of TUF3 recently, and watching all of Ken Shamrock's antics as a trainer reminded me a lot of Mr. Burns in the Softball episode of The Simpsons.

Recall that in that episode, Mr. Burns first wants to recruit a team of ringers all of whom are now dead ("bring me better players... bring me living players!") Then he insists on hypnotizing his team of all-stars into thinking they are good players. Then he makes them drink an ancient nerve tonic, which gives one of them gigantism (I think it's Ken Griffy Jnr.).

Ken Shamrock, by comparison, doesn't bring a ju-jitsu coach, gives them a bodybuilder as a conditioning coach, doesn't do give cardio training, keeps getting them to goof off, doesn't turn up sometimes, and alternates between getting them to beat the crap out of eachother and taking it easy.

Actually, Ken may be nuttier than Burns.
The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg
"What do you expect of me, I'm working with a bunch of slack-jawed yokels and cheese-eating surrender monkeys." -M.Burns
DLucks is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
The look on Ken's face after Sakuraba beat him was priceless
cabby is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Flyweight
 
TheGracieHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 398
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
The look on Ken's face after Sakuraba beat him was priceless

To be fair I woulda looked like that too. It was stopped far too early

www.myspace.com/swingkinker1


Yushin Okami
Ken Shamrock
Kazushi Sakuraba
Dan Severn
TheGracieHunter is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGracieHunter
To be fair I woulda looked like that too. It was stopped far too early
Hasn't Ken said that after most of his recent fights?
I.P.Freely is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Crazy Kicker
 
Choke_Wire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: canada, vancover, bc
Posts: 957
                     
he said that after two fights, thats all i think.

I think his IFL team will show how well he is as a trainer not TUF

people say either the world will end at 2012 or the aliens will finnally come back to us.....


i hope not cuz im writing a sci fi novel
Choke_Wire is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke_Wire
I think his IFL team will show how well he is as a trainer not TUF
Prolly. He knows what he did wrong after his first shot so hopefully he gets it together
cabby is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Crazy Kicker
 
Choke_Wire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: canada, vancover, bc
Posts: 957
                     
i hope so. i like ken and everything kinda went to crap for him after his wwf days.

people say either the world will end at 2012 or the aliens will finnally come back to us.....


i hope not cuz im writing a sci fi novel
Choke_Wire is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke_Wire
he said that after two fights, thats all i think.

I think his IFL team will show how well he is as a trainer not TUF
That's fair.

I'm a relative noob, so, can you tell me, what kind of pedigree does that Lion's Den have? The only fighters from there I can name off the top of my head are Ken and Vernon White.
I.P.Freely is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome