Did The Second Knee Land? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply

Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,922
TraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings System
The first hit his chest, the second one looked like it missed by a good three inches or more. Guido dude is now a tool IMO for pulling a ******* stunt like that. I really wish they would've went back to the tape and saw what happened because they show it right after the fight. It looks like it might've hit his arm but it was nowhere NEAR the dude's head.
TraMaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,549
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Wow some people who actually agree with me.
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,537
Joabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He CrossesJoabbuac Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
The first hit his chest, the second one looked like it missed by a good three inches or more. Guido dude is now a tool IMO for pulling a ******* stunt like that. I really wish they would've went back to the tape and saw what happened because they show it right after the fight. It looks like it might've hit his arm but it was nowhere NEAR the dude's head.


Man the 2nd missed by so much i didnt even think it was a knee intill the replay, thought he had outright kicked him square in the face haha.
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Detective
 
diablo5597's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,338
diablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I thought it hit him in the head. We would need a different view to be sure. I think the ref made the right call. It's the other guys fault for throwing knees when he was down. Also, if he didn't get hit in the head, he might have acted like he did because he broke his hand.
__________________

Go Here! OFFICIAL MMAF TWITTER
diablo5597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,160
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
1.) If the Knee hit the guy in the head, he at that point now has an unfair disadvantage. It it wrong when people hate on the victim and not the guilty in these situations. it is the fighters fault for not showing restraint to follow the rules, and if he did not know the rules he should not be in the cage. The fighter took the chance of the match being DQ'ed when he threw knees recklessly, and only has himself to blame. I actually lost respect for him for yelling at teh guy to get up in fight when he was the one that just broke a rule and should be yelling at himself first.

2.) The fighter that got kneed did not quit or say he could not fight lets get that straight though. He was asked if he knew where he was and he replied I am in a cage fighting, the doctor and ref both looked at his eyes when he replied and they determined that the fighter was not in a condition to fight, not by the fighters wanting to have the fight over but by their knowledge of their chosen profession.

3.) On TUF they tend to baby the fighters, sense the fighters will be fighting allot sooner again then what a normal mma fighter will be after their match they tend to not let fighters take allot of damage before they call a fight. Example, the second fight, the guy that was getting punched had his head covered and every punch that afro puff was throwing at the guy hit his arms, not a single punch landed at the other guys head/face that i saw. After a couple punches all landing at the guys arms the ref called the fight, normally in a regular MMA match they would have let that fight continue longer at least tell a shot actually hit the guy in the head.

As much as we dont want to admit it sometimes MMA is a sport first and a fight second, sometimes I see members on here forget that.
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
Sleepy
 
Hawndo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 2,137
Hawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Take your five minutes then and try to get yourself composed. It only makes me mad when the guy could get up and fight and be the same fighter and he chooses not to. Taking a win when you could earn it is what I think is pathetic. If you can't fight anymore, then obviously I don't want a fighter risking his health to continue fighting.
You do realise that if an opponent is downed by an illegal headshot the fight is over right? There is just a loophole that gets applied that means you can have 5 minutes for the doctor to assess your situation and see if you're okay to fight, in this case the doctor ruled he couldn't. It's not up to the fighter.

I'll post some quotes from the poster "MMA official" whom is apparently a top mma referee;

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma official
The interesting thing about that is the ABC has clarified the rule and the only injury which the referee may allow a 5 minute recouperative period is a groin strike. However NJ has never modified their rules to reflect this change so he was perfectly justified in doing so. Several states' rules specifically state that the referee may not offer a recouperative rest for concussive strikes to the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mma official
Ok, so here's the deal if a person receives an illegal blow to the head, if they need any time to recover the fight should be over. They have likely received a concussion and allowing them to continue would endanger their safety. That's the theory anyway. The reality is, like with the finger poke to the eye, there is a way around it. The referee can call the doctor in an the doctor can assess the fighter's condition for up to 5 minutes. So this is essentially a 5 minute break.
Of-course this is all for arguments sake, just to clarify some things, since I am a bit sceptical if it actually hit him in the head in the first place.
Hawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud of
All the haters bitching need to read the bolded part.


Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
1.) If the Knee hit the guy in the head, he at that point now has an unfair disadvantage. It it wrong when people hate on the victim and not the guilty in these situations. it is the fighters fault for not showing restraint to follow the rules, and if he did not know the rules he should not be in the cage. The fighter took the chance of the match being DQ'ed when he threw knees recklessly, and only has himself to blame. I actually lost respect for him for yelling at teh guy to get up in fight when he was the one that just broke a rule and should be yelling at himself first.

2.) The fighter that got kneed did not quit or say he could not fight lets get that straight though. He was asked if he knew where he was and he replied I am in a cage fighting, the doctor and ref both looked at his eyes when he replied and they determined that the fighter was not in a condition to fight, not by the fighters wanting to have the fight over but by their knowledge of their chosen profession.
3.) On TUF they tend to baby the fighters, sense the fighters will be fighting allot sooner again then what a normal mma fighter will be after their match they tend to not let fighters take allot of damage before they call a fight. Example, the second fight, the guy that was getting punched had his head covered and every punch that afro puff was throwing at the guy hit his arms, not a single punch landed at the other guys head/face that i saw. After a couple punches all landing at the guys arms the ref called the fight, normally in a regular MMA match they would have let that fight continue longer at least tell a shot actually hit the guy in the head.

As much as we dont want to admit it sometimes MMA is a sport first and a fight second, sometimes I see members on here forget that.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
Invictus Maneo
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
TheGrizzlyBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 983
Blog Entries: 2
TheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level nowTheGrizzlyBear is on another level now
they showed a slo-mo replay after it happened and the 2nd knee doesn't look like it was anywhere close to his head.
__________________
TheGrizzlyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
BobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Take your five minutes then and try to get yourself composed. It only makes me mad when the guy could get up and fight and be the same fighter and he chooses not to. Taking a win when you could earn it is what I think is pathetic. If you can't fight anymore, then obviously I don't want a fighter risking his health to continue fighting.
He broke his hand as well in that first round! So he probably felt the hand a lot more then he did the knees. I don't think the knees did much to him at all. There is too much on the line for a guy who everybody considered to win this. He did the right thing and acted very smart in my mind. If the other guy's life depends on that fight, then he should think twice before he acts.
BobbyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud of
It was hard to see in the replay exactly what happened because of the angle so ya'll can keep speculating. But the Dr obviously saw something in his eyes that showed he couldn't continue. Maybe he was just exhausted and looked dazed or whatever but it was the DR's CALL AND NOT THE FIGHTER!!!
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios