MY GOD THIS CODY MCKENZIE's GULLOTINE! - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Ultimate Fighter TV The Ultimate Fighter is the UFC's reality TV show featuring aspiring MMA fighters aspiring to win a contract with the UFC.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
MY GOD THIS CODY MCKENZIE's GULLOTINE!

GSP wasn't lying!

Check his record:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_McKenzie

11-0-0 with 9 wins by guillotine, all first round. Wow! Not against incredible competition but that's still pretty wild.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
First I was like WOW GSP really called it But then he told Dana about his record and it wasn't that special anymore..

But I don't believe he will make it far in this season.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:04 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,616
                     
I'm sure all 9 of those wins have been against opposition who had no idea who McKenzie was or about his magic guillotine. The element of surprise is critical. Do any of the house mates get to see the preliminaries? If not, then he probably will get at least one more win. Whatever, once they all know what he's about, I'm betting he'll get eliminated.
Soojooko is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Imagine if he guillotine's his way into UFC.

Rauno is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I'm sure all 9 of those wins have been against opposition who had no idea who McKenzie was or about his magic guillotine. The element of surprise is critical. Do any of the house mates get to see the preliminaries? If not, then he probably will get at least one more win. Whatever, once they all know what he's about, I'm betting he'll get eliminated.
Maybe, but several of these were in the same org (GFC) and all but 1 were in the washington state/BC region where they should have had at least some idea of what they were coming up against in a local circuit. seems kind of silly that all of these guys were shocked when he busted out a guillotine on them.

I'm not saying he's going to ride his guillotine to the belt or anything but it's a pretty interesting statistic.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
First I was like WOW GSP really called it But then he told Dana about his record and it wasn't that special anymore..

But I don't believe he will make it far in this season.
I dont know he is 1 of the 4 I think has a good chance, going purely on what I saw in ep1, I am writing off everyone except the following, dont know the names yet so you will have to excuse me when explaining by description.

1. Cody McKenzie
2. The guy who won first and called out Kos
3. The Black guy, the stocky one that wrestles not Bruce Leroy
4. The one that GSP wrote off and then won.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 10:31 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 99
                     
#4... that guy went up against Daniel Head, which I've read had to cut insane weight... like 35 lbs, in order to fight and wasn't very healthy for it
ahartleyvu is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Fruits & Vegetables
 
Mirage445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,580
                     
#3 on your list is my pick to win it so far.

Think his name is Michael Johnson




"You have a big word for a guy who don't have a gi right now." - Renato Laranja
Mirage445 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
I dont know he is 1 of the 4 I think has a good chance, going purely on what I saw in ep1, I am writing off everyone except the following, dont know the names yet so you will have to excuse me when explaining by description.

1. Cody McKenzie
2. The guy who won first and called out Kos
3. The Black guy, the stocky one that wrestles not Bruce Leroy
4. The one that GSP wrote off and then won.
I have exactly the same guys lol^^ except Cody! Plus the guy who gassed badly in the first round, but still pulled of the win after getting nearly Knocked Out. I think his hair were red as well

If they can somehow fix his cardio issue, then I see him being up there. Otherwise he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage445 View Post
#3 on your list is my pick to win it so far.

Think his name is Michael Johnson
Great choice Mirage

I pick the same dude to win this show!
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I have exactly the same guys lol^^ except Cody! Plus the guy who gassed badly in the first round, but still pulled of the win after getting nearly Knocked Out. I think his hair were red as well

If they can somehow fix his cardio issue, then I see him being up there. Otherwise he doesn't stand much of a chance.



Great choice Mirage

I pick the same dude to win this show!
I don't see how you can write off Cody, somehow I can picture him in the UFC, if hard to call a winner at this point but I think Cody will fighting in the UFC win or loose and I certainly would not be surprised if he wins.

As for the guy with Cardio issues, if he don't start coming into the second round with x10 the energy he showed in that fight his chances are zero, I have him as one of the first guys to get eliminated.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome