MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Ultimate Fighter TV (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/)
-   -   Josh Koscheck is a bad scout (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/82730-josh-koscheck-bad-scout.html)

UFC86 10-14-2010 02:18 AM

Josh Koscheck is a bad scout
 
we are yet to see Koscheck's coaching abilities to the fullest, but why did he pick such a bad team? it wasnt gsp who picked a great team, it was just that koscheck made some horrible picks.

heres the picks in order

Koscheck
Marc Stevens, Sevak Magakian, Sako Chivitchian, Andy Main, Nam Phan, Aaron Wilkinson, and Jeffrey Lentz

GSP
Michael Johnson, Jonathan Brookins, Spencer Paige, Alex Caceres, Kyle Watson, Cody McKenzie, and Dane Sayers

GSP's first 4 picks are Johnson, Brookins, Paige and Cacerecs. what was stopping koscheck from picking Mckenzie and kyle watson when they are obviously the top 2 fighters in the house? instead they went to gsp's team. i predict either 6-1 or 5-2 in the first round in favor for GSP.

Intermission 10-14-2010 03:19 AM

Go watch the first episode, he tricked Kos into the wrong picks.

PheelGoodInc 10-14-2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intermission (Post 1282929)
Go watch the first episode, he tricked Kos into the wrong picks.

Seriously. He doesn't just have near prefect game plans in the cage....

TheReturn 10-14-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intermission (Post 1282929)
Go watch the first episode, he tricked Kos into the wrong picks.

I thought he tricked him into 1 wrong pick? If he made the rest of the wrong picks thats because of his own stupidity.

KillerShark1985 10-14-2010 09:36 AM

I was really surprised that Cody McKenzie was not the 3rd pick, I can see why he picked his wrestling buddy first was not even a bad first choice imo considering his first round quick KO, but after Johnson I was really surprised Josh did not pick Cody.

UFC86 10-21-2010 12:50 AM

just as i predicted 6-1 or 5-2 in the first round for GSP. and if sako wins i dont see him nor nam phan winning the show and not even making it into the next round...stupid scouting by koscheck.

mckenzie defeated marc stevens
kyle watson defeated Andy Main
Jonathan Brookins defeated Sevak Magakian
Alex Caceres defeated Jeff Lentz
Michael Johnson defeated Aaron Wilkinson
and only Nam Phan with a win for koscheck 5-1
also i dont see caceres and johnson going far as they are overated (and im not being racist)

edit: and my guess for the wild card will be between Spencer Paige and the loser of Sako vs Sayers fight.

dudeabides 10-21-2010 12:53 AM

Watch awesome Phan be his only fighter in the 2nd round, then win the whole thing and we never hear the end of it.

John8204 10-21-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFC86 (Post 1287309)
just as i predicted 6-1 or 5-2 in the first round for GSP. and if sako wins i dont see him nor nam phan winning the show and not even making it into the next round...stupid scouting by koscheck.

mckenzie defeated marc stevens
kyle watson defeated Andy Main
Jonathan Brookins defeated Sevak Magakian
Alex Caceres defeated Jeff Lentz
Michael Johnson defeated Aaron Wilkinson
and only Nam Phan with a win for koscheck 5-1
also i dont see caceres and johnson going far as they are overated (and im not being racist)

edit: and my guess for the wild card will be between Spencer Paige and the loser of Sako vs Sayers fight.

Paige broke his hand (and maybe his shin) so he won't be in the wild card round

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeabides (Post 1287313)
Watch awesome Phan be his only fighter in the 2nd round, then win the whole thing and we never hear the end of it.

It would be a massive upset seeing as he's 4-5 in his last nine fights.

My wildcard picks at this moment are Aaron Wilkinson and Marc Stevens, Wilkinson had the best fight and Stevens is the top pick.

Ares Caesar 10-21-2010 01:16 AM

I dont think Koschecks picks were bad so much as GSP's fight picks have been good.

He's done a VERY good job at picking the right fighters against Koschecks, and I think he's coached each fighter very well on what to do in the fight.

Its a lot like Rashad vs Rampage TUF, and you even saw during the first episode I believe (might have been second) when GSP's team said "last season we found that picking the fights was more important than the fighters" and I think thats true. Styles make fights, and they win fights too. If you're picking styles to beat styles and YOU have control over what style is fighting against the other, then you control ultimately who should win and lose.

I just dont think you're giving enough credit to GSP's/his coaches gameplanning/fight selection.

ashokjr 10-21-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:


My wildcard picks at this moment are Aaron Wilkinson and Marc Stevens, Wilkinson had the best fight and Stevens is the top pick.
Seriously? Just curious. Why Marc? I mean, he doesnt have the best record and his after fight comment didnt give any indication that he learned anything. Why do you think he is will be the wildcard?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2