MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Ultimate Fighter TV (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/)
-   -   Lew Polley responds to dismissal (http://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/90797-lew-polley-responds-dismissal.html)

leifdawg 05-06-2011 09:58 AM

Lew Polley responds to dismissal
 


Not sure what to make of this. I'm sure Lew is probably leaving out some things, but this doesn't look good for JDS makes him sound like a jealous child.

Trix 05-06-2011 11:16 AM

I'm not buying what Lew says.

I was hoping JDS would kick him off the show from the 1st or 2nd ep & don't think JDS made a mistake doing it. I only wish he'd done it, sooner.

If JDS says not to worry about losing and wants things run in a relaxed and positive way, that's what Lew should have done. Lew went over JDS' head, said and did the complete opposite of what JDS told him to.

Its disrespectful & insulting and there's no one who would put up with it.

If he doesn't get that, something is wrong with him.

Pretending it was JDS' fault only shows Lew has no class.

When the shows over, I'm guessing not a single person on JDS' team will train or associate with lew -- because they know, he's full of shit. Lew can pretend he did it for the team and whatever. I don't think he's fooling anyone.

Toxic 05-06-2011 12:40 PM

Well the truth is the fighters were unhappy with Lew's dismissal because he was the one they could understand shouting instructions during the fights. The best fighters are not always the best coaches and I think Lew>JDS in that department.

leifdawg 05-06-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trix (Post 1409182)
I'm not buying what Lew says.

I was hoping JDS would kick him off the show from the 1st or 2nd ep & don't think JDS made a mistake doing it. I only wish he'd done it, sooner.

If JDS says not to worry about losing and wants things run in a relaxed and positive way, that's what Lew should have done. Lew went over JDS' head, said and did the complete opposite of what JDS told him to.

Its disrespectful & insulting and there's no one who would put up with it.

If he doesn't get that, something is wrong with him.

Pretending it was JDS' fault only shows Lew has no class.

When the shows over, I'm guessing not a single person on JDS' team will train or associate with lew -- because they know, he's full of shit. Lew can pretend he did it for the team and whatever. I don't think he's fooling anyone.

The fighters were clearly disapointed with him leaving and didn't seem to even realize there was tension.

John8204 05-06-2011 02:35 PM

I remember on Season 8 Nog was all kind and doing to the happy to be in America act until he heard something Nover said about him and he flipped a switch, I think he wanted to kill him or something.

Now as for Lew getting released, I agree under his coaching we had some of the dullest fights in the show's history. As Dana said he likes guys to fight and go for the finish and as Lew said "it doesn't matter how you win just win".

Sorry Lew but that was horrible advice these guys were fighting to impress Dana and the UFC and get contracts, only one fighter can win the job of the coaches is to get as many of the teammates signed as possible. Look at last season, five guys were signed from team GSP, one guy was signed from team Koscheck.

Trix 05-06-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leifdawg (Post 1409251)
The fighters were clearly disapointed with him leaving and didn't seem to even realize there was tension.

I tried to dig up anything I could find about this.

Javier Torres seems to think it was the right decision:

Quote:

Having a coach leave in the middle of taping is odd and a few of the fighters talked about it during the episode but what did they really think?

[b]“Everyone was ok with the decision but a few of them were sad. Couple fighters were worried that they wouldn’t be able to understand anyone now during the fight. It was the right decision though,” Explains Torres.

http://mmavalor.com/2011/05/05/javie...-picks-are-in/
I think Lew is a chump for trying to demonize JDS and defer blame on him. JDS has to be one of the most mellow and relaxed people, anywhere.

If there's a problem it has to be Lew. JDS isn't going to be the one rocking the boat and making waves. If you manage to piss JDS off -- you really have to be a dickhead, because he really does try to get along with everyone.

Lew is kissing babies and trying to pretend hes a victim of the system and JDS or some BS. The "evil" JDS and his "nefarious" brazilian gangsters set Lew up.

I really hope people don't fall for Lew's bs.

With luck, Lew fights again, loses, and goes back to being an unknown where he belongs.

Trix 05-07-2011 09:14 AM

Ramsey Nijem, surprisingly, seems to think as I do:

Quote:

Before the fights got started, we saw Junior dos Santos kick one of the assistant coaches, Lew Polley, off the team. Did you agree with that decision?
I was glad -- that was a long time coming. I didn't have too many personal run-ins with Lew but he's just kind of an arrogant jerk. He thinks his way is the best way and I also thought he didn't give us the best advice for fighting. Lew said something about how Junior didn't like him because he's not Brazilian but that's not true. Junior is one of the nicest guys ever. None of us are Brazilian and he treated all of us fine because we're not jerks. Lew got his 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Junior and Lew never really seemed to see eye to eye. Do you know how it came to be that Lew was on Junior's team?
I think they just needed a wrestling coach and Lew happened to be at the right place at the right time. I'm sure Lew told Junior that he'd be a good assistant. But I think Junior should have kicked him off the team sooner.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/0...riticizes-gsp/
From Ryan McGillivray's perspective:

Quote:

Now we revisit the situation of the growing tension between coach Lew and Coach Junior. It comes to light that Lew attempted to go over to the fighter’s house without his fellow coaches. Also that he had asked some of the fighters to get the ingredients for the bath to cut weight as I did for my weight cut to use for Zach in his. This comes out after Junior had made it very apparent he was not in support of this process and did not want us using it again. It was not just this incident that made Junior ask Lew to leave but a number of them over the past weeks. Now Junior has had enough and takes Lew aside and asks him to leave the show as he does not feel he understands his role. I was personally very surprised that this whole situation went down.

http://topmmanews.com/2011/05/05/rya...log-episode-6/

Toxic 05-07-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trix (Post 1409404)
I tried to dig up anything I could find about this.

Javier Torres seems to think it was the right decision:



I think Lew is a chump for trying to demonize JDS and defer blame on him. JDS has to be one of the most mellow and relaxed people, anywhere.

If there's a problem it has to be Lew. JDS isn't going to be the one rocking the boat and making waves. If you manage to piss JDS off -- you really have to be a dickhead, because he really does try to get along with everyone.

Lew is kissing babies and trying to pretend hes a victim of the system and JDS or some BS. The "evil" JDS and his "nefarious" brazilian gangsters set Lew up.

I really hope people don't fall for Lew's bs.

With luck, Lew fights again, loses, and goes back to being an unknown where he belongs.

Do actually know either guy to discuss it like you do rather than make assumptions?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trix (Post 1409560)
Ramsey Nijem, surprisingly, seems to think as I do:



From Ryan McGillivray's perspective:

The part from McGillivray I find interesting because why is JDS a guy who has never cut weight dictating how his fighters should do it? Lew has fought at 205 so he actually has experience with cutting weight and IMO that makes him a better person to trust when cutting weight.

khoveraki 05-07-2011 05:48 PM

Lew is the most immature assistant coach that's been on the show. He makes Tiki look like Danaher.



edit: Toxic - JDS doesn't train in a gym of exclusive heavyweights. Every one of his sparring partners and friends at BlackHouse have to cut weight except Nogueira, to think he doesn't understand how it works or how it's done is silly. Nobody at BlackHouse has ever had trouble making weight.

Toxic 05-07-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoveraki (Post 1409753)
Lew is the most immature assistant coach that's been on the show. He makes Tiki look like Danaher.



edit: Toxic - JDS doesn't train in a gym of exclusive heavyweights. Every one of his sparring partners and friends at BlackHouse have to cut weight except Nogueira, to think he doesn't understand how it works or how it's done is silly. Nobody at BlackHouse has ever had trouble making weight.

JDS is a fighter not a coach, how much hands on experience do you think he has with fighters cutting weight? Its not meant as disrespectful to JDS but obviously somebody who has a history of actually cutting weight themselves is gonna be a little more knowledgeable especially considering Lew also comes from a very respected gym and one with a considerable amount of wrestling pedigree. Team Quest has a lot of experience I am sure with weight cutting. If I was the guy cutting weight I would rather have Lew to help me than JDS.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2