How to make a proper Fedor - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Live right and every other day is a good one to die.
 
shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Big Island, BC.
Posts: 1,431
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehorizon View Post
This thread has been hi-jacked, So ill keep it going. My one and only CAF was an 83 overall. I didnt realize and missed about half my camp invites. My CAF before was a middleweight, didnt know you were forced to retire so I didnt spar much. Initially was worried about getting my guy strong fast and good cardio. All my other skills lacked. Im starting a new one today.

Now to bring it back. As soon as I bought the game I made a created Fedor. He looked really close, I didn't have him in the Career mode though.
- you can import your fedor into career mode
- sparing only gives you bonus att points. i didn't do a single sparing session with my first guy and retired him a year early at 97 overall.


shatterproof is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Welterweight
 
leifdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pennsylvania/Hawaii
Posts: 2,148
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterproof View Post
- you can import your fedor into career mode
- sparing only gives you bonus att points. i didn't do a single sparing session with my first guy and retired him a year early at 97 overall.
Wait??? What? How did you raise your stats without sparring?

Supporting BJ Penn-Joe Lauzon-Brock Lesnar-Anderson Silva-Lyoto Machida
ContactSportsNews365
leifdawg is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Live right and every other day is a good one to die.
 
shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Big Island, BC.
Posts: 1,431
                     
whoops! i meant training sessions / camps. 97 overall, retired a year early, without a single training session / camp. my bad.


shatterproof is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 PM
MMA Fanatic
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 62
           
Yea I made Josh Barnett out of Career mode hes like 88 or 89 overall. Which seems about right. maybe a lil low. but i didnt wanna do a career with him. I have like 5 career's going all at once right now.

Yea but if you don't do your training camps you cant do certain subs and certain special punches. I love the Kimura from open guard bottom. You cant do that unless your a level 2 jujitsu.
HrrcnsMc8 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey

 
dudeabides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 19,637
                     
True that, and you don't get those L1 transitions like the ones that reverse mount, side control, half guard etc.
dudeabides is online now  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Flyweight
 
Whitehorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 336
                     
So what do you do with your techniques being level 1?
Whitehorizon is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
MMA Fanatic
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 62
           
well you just get the basic moves. like for example you cant do a superman punch with your kick boxer until your a level two kick boxer. You can only get to level two or 3 by getting 150 points in your training sessions. They give you tasks to do and there 10 points a piece you can usually level in up in 3 sessions if you good at each discipline. Every time you level up you get more moves. like level 2 kick boxers get superman punch, spinning back fist, and level two jujitsu you get kimura from half guard, and triangle choke...etc...

but you can do all your basic moves with level one. like armbars, leg locks, power punches,..etc....
that explain in it?

Last edited by HrrcnsMc8; 06-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.
HrrcnsMc8 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Flyweight
 
Whitehorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 336
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrrcnsMc8 View Post
well you just get the basic moves. like for example you cant do a superman punch with your kick boxer until your a level two kick boxer. You can only get to level two or 3 by getting 150 points in your training sessions. They give you tasks to do and there 10 points a piece you can usually level in up in 3 sessions if you good at each discipline. Every time you level up you get more moves. like level 2 kick boxers get superman punch, spinning back fist, and level two jujitsu you get kimura from half guard, and triangle choke...etc...

but you can do all your basic moves with level one. like armbars, leg locks, power punches,..etc....
that explain in it?
I know all that im just saying it kind of sucks playing the game with out all the bells and whistles that come with it. Rubber gaurd, head kicks and flying knees in muay thai, Throws, Slams. Just doesnt seem right not to up grade your level unless your just trying to pad the hell out of your attributes.
Whitehorizon is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Welterweight
 
leifdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pennsylvania/Hawaii
Posts: 2,148
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehorizon View Post
I know all that im just saying it kind of sucks playing the game with out all the bells and whistles that come with it. Rubber gaurd, head kicks and flying knees in muay thai, Throws, Slams. Just doesnt seem right not to up grade your level unless your just trying to pad the hell out of your attributes.
That's why it would be stupid not to do the camps.

Besides the extra strikes/subs/transitions you also get stat bonuses depending on what your style is.

For instance BJJ gets grappling offense/defense and sub offense/defense bonuses.

Supporting BJ Penn-Joe Lauzon-Brock Lesnar-Anderson Silva-Lyoto Machida
ContactSportsNews365
leifdawg is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Flyweight
 
Whitehorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 336
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by leifdawg View Post
That's why it would be stupid not to do the camps.

Besides the extra strikes/subs/transitions you also get stat bonuses depending on what your style is.

For instance BJJ gets grappling offense/defense and sub offense/defense bonuses.
agreed.
Whitehorizon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome