Being called a.... - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Live right and every other day is a good one to die.
 
shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Big Island, BC.
Posts: 1,431
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by leifdawg View Post
They released the patch? Do you get a win on your record if someone quits on you?
i didn't dive into the technicalities of the update -- just read some users discussing it on THQ -- but it must be server-side since i've never had to install a patch for the game.

nothing for the winner, we still miss out on the points and the W, but they get the L anyways.


shatterproof is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterproof View Post
if you wade in and throw punches without countering then yeah, you get flash KO'd more often than others. If you've learned better than that then it happens far less -- like 1 in 30 instead of 1 in 10. you don't know who, if anyone on this forum, quits so why be a duechbag and outright accuse them of doing so -- especially since you care so little about their record or score as you claim?

clearly you care. i can sympathise because when the game launched i was getting flash ko'd at about 1/10 and thought the same about people with mint records but once i went through career and learned the game a little better i dropped to the 1/30-40 range for flash KOs. Nevertheless, quitters get losses on their records now so this argument is stupid.

Keep your hands up, wade in and out of the pocket, don't worry about being the first to dive in with a strike, don't button mash, and watch your stamina. If you are relying on flash KOs for wins you are going to get KOd more often.

I never knew that calling somebody out that cheats is "caring so much." I mean, I must admit, it's a real great argument you have there. Perhaps I'll take more note of all your posts since you clearly have a psychological ability to read people who post messages on the internet. Now I'll try. Perhaps you're also jealous of me, since you replied in a "duechbag way" to call out my accusation. Mmhmm, that's it. I mean, clearly you care so much about my opinion you had to reply back to it, that must be it. Wank wank cry cry. Get over it.

You're just a cook...
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Live right and every other day is a good one to die.
 
shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Big Island, BC.
Posts: 1,431
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
I never knew that calling somebody out that cheats is "caring so much." I mean, I must admit, it's a real great argument you have there. Perhaps I'll take more note of all your posts since you clearly have a psychological ability to read people who post messages on the internet. Now I'll try. Perhaps you're also jealous of me, since you replied in a "duechbag way" to call out my accusation. Mmhmm, that's it. I mean, clearly you care so much about my opinion you had to reply back to it, that must be it. Wank wank cry cry. Get over it.
Hah, barkin up the wrong tree with that tired old look-at-me-i'm-using-pisspoor-circuar-arguments-and-tryin-my-darndest-to-sound-witty-on-tha-interwebs routine.

Settle down princess.


shatterproof is offline  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
   
there is one on every forum... guess this one is no dif. grow up alex.
punKer is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterproof View Post
Hah, barkin up the wrong tree with that tired old look-at-me-i'm-tryin-my-darndest-to-sound-witty-on-tha-interwebs routine.

Settle down princess.
As opposed to look-at-me-i'm-calling-out-guy-whose-on-internets-tryings-to-be-funny (SMILIE FACE)

But I'm the tiresome one cause I'm sounding "witty." That's interesting. This entire thing started just by me saying dude probably was quitting. Then I receive backlash for it for just stating my opinion. If anything, others need to settle down cause I'm completely chill. It's others that are acting as if someone put sugar in their gas tank. But no, I need to grow up, cause I'm the one that pulled the "jealous on internets" card. Again, because I don't think this is coming in clear to half of you, all I did was say that the guy probably was cheating. No harm done, just a simple post. I get bombarded with sour pusses, but oh no, I have some growing up to do. Haha, makes perfect sense to me. Oh, and add a negative rep to that too, because you know, negative repping someone to "get one up" on someones on internets means no growing up to do. Ohh noooes my rep bar will go down, hold me.

You're just a cook...

Last edited by Alex_DeLarge; 06-04-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Live right and every other day is a good one to die.
 
shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Big Island, BC.
Posts: 1,431
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
As opposed to look-at-me-i'm-calling-out-guy-whose-on-internets-tryings-to-be-funny (SMILIE FACE)

But I'm the tiresome one cause I'm sounding "witty." That's interesting. This entire thing started just by me saying dude probably was quitting. Then I receive backlash for it for just stating my opinion. If anything, others need to settle down cause I'm completely chill. It's others that are acting as if someone put sugar in their gas tank. But no, I need to grow up, cause I'm the one that pulled the "jealous on internets" card. Again, because I don't think this is coming in clear to half of you, all I did was say that the guy probably was cheating. No harm done, just a simple post. I get bombarded with sour pusses, but oh no, I have some growing up to do. Haha, makes perfect sense to me. Oh, and add a negative rep to that too, because you know, negative repping someone to "get one up" on someones on internets means no growing up to do.
No, no... you clearly misunderstood. You don't 'sound witty', you write like someone TRYING to sound witty. Whew, glad we worked through that...

So, now that we've established that everyone who is better than you at the game is cheating (or a LOSER, am i right?!) lets move on... because crying about neg reps after singling out others to accuse of cheating without cause = priceless


shatterproof is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Flyweight
 
Whitehorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 336
                     
Clockwork orange is a tight movie, like the avatar Alex. It doesn't matter who says what though. We will never know if he has or hasn't only he will. I guess the tournament will tell for us. I just played him though and he whooped my ass every fight.
Whitehorizon is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Amatuer
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
xLOTUSx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 142
                     
Honestly I didn't expect this thread to turn out the way it did. All I was saying I dislike being falsely called a quitter. What makes people want to come into threads and bash people is something I dont understand. So Alex if you want to play me, then lets go but if not shut the F up.
xLOTUSx is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,909
                     
Being called a....

restoring the thread
truebluefan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome