New UFC Undisputed 2010 Pics!! - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 02-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
6toes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 967
6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now6toes is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFAN18 View Post
I don't know I always liked THQ. They made great wrestling games back in the day for N64.

Im glad that THQ is with UFC and EA get Strikeforce & Dream. It kinda evens everything out and gives us 2 games to look forward too then just 1.

Besides if EA had the rights there would only be one game. It would only be a matter of time before they started bealy doing anything every year like they do with every other game.
Yeah thats a good point. Wouldn't want EA to have a monopoly on MMA games like they do on football with the NFL license.
6toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy

 
Emericanaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawthorn, South Wales
Posts: 2,052
Blog Entries: 1
Emericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
you must not be a good gamer, EA is garbage at making games, they are mainly a distribution company, Madden looks good but once you get down to the Franchise mode and other game modes, they are bare bone, same with their other sports games...This is coming from someone who has been playing EA sports games for 12+ years because no one does other sports games properly.


and I cant even list all the problems with NHL 10 online...This was the first MMA game, so obviously wont be perfect the first time around.
Woah ignorance much my friend? First off EA is a publisher not a developer. They own several different development studios. EA have made a massive change of stride in the way they make games in the past few years. Yes they used to be known for spitting out crap year afteryear to cash in on the name butrecently have been dedicated to developing new i.p. such as Dead Space which kicked ass, and Mirrors Edge which was great in it's own way. Ontop of making and supporting new i.p. they have taken there games much deeper than ever before by innovating with controls and U.I in the games.

EA will do a great job with it's MMA property of this I am sure The same cannot be said about Yukes who develop the UFC game for THQ the publisher. Yukes is absolutely notorious for making hardly any improvements over there past games in order to string out the lifetime of a series such as every single one of there WWE games.

Thankfully it seems Yukes is actually taking pride in the UFC games and have really stepped up there game. The stiff character movement and transitions from their wrestling games did appear in UFC 2009 but in an interview with IGN the head developer said that all of that has been cleaned up and things are much less robotic, all characters are hand crafted and not made with the in game create a character like 50% of last years roster and more importantly the game now supportsmore than tripple the stikes and submissions.

Adding even more to the depth of the game they have confirmed that they are introducing the ability to use the cage as a weapon and defensive tool. Even better is the inclusion of southpaws in the game and the ability to switch stances on the fly. They also gave details on how the game will "watch you" and Joe rogan and Goldi will comment on you based on your past performances and what is currently happening on screen instead of just generic canne commentary.

You will also be happy to know that they are allowing for better customization to characters movesets and are now including Greco roman wrestling, Sambo and Karate though the move sets can be individually customised and you won't be stuck with the same moves as everyone else who use karate and wrestling.

Here is the link to the preview that IGN wrote up. This game is looking really good so far but im excited for EA's game aswell.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1067288p1.html
__________________
Top 7 Favorite Fighters at the moment

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Clay Guida
3. Shane Carwin
4. Jon Fitch
5. Chuck Liddell
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Chris Leben

Emericanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,025
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
I am really hopeful EA's game will turn out and I will definatly buy it but I am blown away by how so many people are convinced they will put out a better product than undisputed. Honestly Undisputed was far better than I imagined an MMA game could be and I struggle to see how EA can match it. Then you have people sayinh Yuks sucks and talking about the WWE games, one question do you guys remember when there were WCW games and the ECW games? The Smackdown series was so vastly superior in every aspect that they coasted through the second game virtually unchanged and it was STILL better than the competition by a mile.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
-Raids Into Transylvania-
 
Nefilim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Posts: 3,010
Nefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For GreatnessNefilim777 Is Destined For Greatness
I didn't like the clunky Jiu Jitsu engine, hopefully they can fix that and make it more fluid, rather then some bit by bit progressive movement. Also the career mode was awfully designed...
__________________
Sjung för gamla Djurgår'n

Lock the gates, make them watch...
Nefilim777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
Spec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericanaddict View Post
Woah ignorance much my friend? First off EA is a publisher not a developer. They own several different development studios. EA have made a massive change of stride in the way they make games in the past few years. Yes they used to be known for spitting out crap year afteryear to cash in on the name butrecently have been dedicated to developing new i.p. such as Dead Space which kicked ass, and Mirrors Edge which was great in it's own way. Ontop of making and supporting new i.p. they have taken there games much deeper than ever before by innovating with controls and U.I in the games.

EA will do a great job with it's MMA property of this I am sure The same cannot be said about Yukes who develop the UFC game for THQ the publisher. Yukes is absolutely notorious for making hardly any improvements over there past games in order to string out the lifetime of a series such as every single one of there WWE games.

Thankfully it seems Yukes is actually taking pride in the UFC games and have really stepped up there game. The stiff character movement and transitions from their wrestling games did appear in UFC 2009 but in an interview with IGN the head developer said that all of that has been cleaned up and things are much less robotic, all characters are hand crafted and not made with the in game create a character like 50% of last years roster and more importantly the game now supportsmore than tripple the stikes and submissions.

Adding even more to the depth of the game they have confirmed that they are introducing the ability to use the cage as a weapon and defensive tool. Even better is the inclusion of southpaws in the game and the ability to switch stances on the fly. They also gave details on how the game will "watch you" and Joe rogan and Goldi will comment on you based on your past performances and what is currently happening on screen instead of just generic canne commentary.

You will also be happy to know that they are allowing for better customization to characters movesets and are now including Greco roman wrestling, Sambo and Karate though the move sets can be individually customised and you won't be stuck with the same moves as everyone else who use karate and wrestling.

Here is the link to the preview that IGN wrote up. This game is looking really good so far but im excited for EA's game aswell.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1067288p1.html

I am not even going to read your whole post because the first thing you said is that I am ignorant, Which I am not... I have played almost every game that has a EA logo on this, does this mean that EA developed the game?? no it doesnt...

How many games that have the EA logo are 100% made by EA?? because if it is not almost near 100%, then I am right in saying they are mainly a distribution company. Yes, they make their own games and some of them turn out good....

I am not going to get into a gaming discussion with you because you obviously dont know the full extent of EA, or you are just a fanboy trying to back them up.. I will continue purchasing EA sports games because there really isnt anything better, but they are full of glitches and problems which interfere in a better online experience... and dont even get me started on singleplayer game modes.


anyways, I am sure you will reply to this and call me ignorant again or say something else, but just so you know... I am not going to read it
Spec0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy

 
Emericanaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawthorn, South Wales
Posts: 2,052
Blog Entries: 1
Emericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level nowEmericanaddict is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
I am not even going to read your whole post because the first thing you said is that I am ignorant, Which I am not... I have played almost every game that has a EA logo on this, does this mean that EA developed the game?? no it doesnt...

How many games that have the EA logo are 100% made by EA?? because if it is not almost near 100%, then I am right in saying they are mainly a distribution company. Yes, they make their own games and some of them turn out good....

I am not going to get into a gaming discussion with you because you obviously dont know the full extent of EA, or you are just a fanboy trying to back them up.. I will continue purchasing EA sports games because there really isnt anything better, but they are full of glitches and problems which interfere in a better online experience... and dont even get me started on singleplayer game modes.


anyways, I am sure you will reply to this and call me ignorant again or say something else, but just so you know... I am not going to read it

Not only are you ignorant of which you speak of but your replying to my post completely ignorant of what I said aswell. It wasn't an insult dude. Ignorance is just the absence of knowledge on a certain issue.

You can hardly call me a fan boy and im not debating that EA USED to be horrible with their games and crank out crap and tons of it but to say they still do so is ignorance because they have been producing quality games for the past 2 years or so now. The only game that hasn't seen much improvement from EA is Madden because well it doesnt need it, like at all.

I cant help you if you refuse to listen to reason, im the one who gave facts and references whilst you just offer nothing more than an oppinion. I wasn't trying to have a go at you and most of my post is about how the UFC game is turning out good because YUKES is putting some hard work into it.

Once again there is no hostility towards you but it's not fair to slag off a company now because of their reputation from years ago. The company is under new management and has seen drastic improvements in game quality over the years. Activision has become what EA used to be and it sucks.

Whether you read this or not I jsut thought I would let you know that I wasn't trying to be mean towards you or anything.

Also Toxic the WWE are pretty crap. there has been no progress in those games for years. The games are hardly intensive on the hardware yet the textures are horrible the animations are stiff and robotic and the control schemes absolutely horrific. They feature virtually no physics and carry pretty much no weight in the movement of the characters at all.

By the standards of current games they just arent great. Sure they are fun to people who like wrestling games simply to fill their craving through another medium. The games jsut lack substance and are definitly playable but major improvements could easily be made the only issue is YUKES not only jsut doesnt care but has the market cornered and simply doesn't have to because whatever they put out is gaurenteed to sell.
__________________
Top 7 Favorite Fighters at the moment

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Clay Guida
3. Shane Carwin
4. Jon Fitch
5. Chuck Liddell
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Chris Leben

Emericanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,025
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emericanaddict View Post

Also Toxic the WWE are pretty crap. there has been no progress in those games for years. The games are hardly intensive on the hardware yet the textures are horrible the animations are stiff and robotic and the control schemes absolutely horrific. They feature virtually no physics and carry pretty much no weight in the movement of the characters at all.

By the standards of current games they just arent great. Sure they are fun to people who like wrestling games simply to fill their craving through another medium. The games jsut lack substance and are definitly playable but major improvements could easily be made the only issue is YUKES not only jsut doesnt care but has the market cornered and simply doesn't have to because whatever they put out is gaurenteed to sell.
I have not played a WWE game since like 2007 but the problem I would imagine is the complete and utter lack of competition. If your not competing you can pretty much ride on your coat tails.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Abusive
 
UrbanBounca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,805
UrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level nowUrbanBounca is on another level now
I want to see actual gameplay footage. Liddell/Rampage preview was awesome for '09, but the game ended up being a total flop.
UrbanBounca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Return Of The North Star
 
Ground'N'Pound5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 893
Ground'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By AllGround'N'Pound5 Is Beloved By All
looks good, cant wait to destroy everyone on PS3
__________________
"The game of chess, is like a swordfight
You must think first, before you move"




vBookie record~ 9-4
Ground'N'Pound5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
DahStoryTella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Regina, SK (Canada)
Posts: 736
DahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By AllDahStoryTella Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFAN18 View Post
Personally I don't know why everyone hates on the game so much I actually STILL play UFC 2009 3 times a week.

I can't get enough of it it's the only reason I only a PS3.
Yeah I still play last year's, fun game imo.
__________________
''You probably thought this was a bright idea, who hit the light switch? Hype shift, this is where it looks like the fight's fixed, tight fist, beat you with the hand that I write with, punchlines that remind Rodney King of the night sticks...''
DahStoryTella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios