What game(s) are you playing? - Page 169 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 69Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1681 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,900
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Wtf is up with quick reply duplicating my messages?


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1682 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 01:44 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,918
                     
Bought fight night champion for ten bucks, its a beautiful game. If ea does this well with the Ufc game ill be ecstatic.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #1683 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 12,109
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Bought fight night champion for ten bucks, its a beautiful game. If ea does this well with the Ufc game ill be ecstatic.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
Fight Night Champion is great besides three things.

1) The gameplay was made WAY too linier.
2) The pay for stats system. I had to spar with a mate for ages so I could get my chin and body up JUST so I could fight without getting first round flash KOed by superhumans.
3) The terrible number of fighters. Where are ALL the current champions?

Storymode was awesome the first playthrough though.

Budhist, yeah the gameplay wasn't MUCH different. I remember I was playing it and on a mission, my (quoting GTA) "homie" spawned at the other side of a building since I had went into the cutscene. I went around to find him on this random road I wasnt supposed to be on for this specific mission. Now re-routed, I took a different road. Next thing, I see that crazy dude in the cat outfit running around killing random pedestrians on the street. This was a completley unrelated road to the mission, and yet here it is. Mad shit haha.

Also, Black Ops EASILY smashes every FPS ever. You say it's not about skill level...then why do I always finish first?



Thanks to Ape for the sig.
ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #1684 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,900
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Fight Night Campion was alright but it was way to easy for the person with the longer reach to win. And Black Ops is not even close to the best ever. Getting kills is insanely easy.


Sent from my iPad using VerticalSports


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is online now  
post #1685 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,012
                     
The only online FPS I take seriously/enjoy on a consistent basis is TF2.
M.C is offline  
post #1686 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:31 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 12,109
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Fight Night Campion was alright but it was way to easy for the person with the longer reach to win. And Black Ops is not even close to the best ever. Getting kills is insanely easy.


Sent from my iPad using VerticalSports
Yeah mann I went Lennox Lewis and smashed everyone online. I only lost once and it was someone going Rocky Marciano and spamming his exaggerated jab.

Black Ops has the most players for a reason. I started with Rainbox Six and said I'd never switch. Then I played COD and it quickly broke me down. I usually finish at like 16-1 in my games, or something like that, so getting kills isn't easy for my opponents I'm assuming.

Yeah, I brag about CPU gaming skills....WHUT?



Thanks to Ape for the sig.
ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #1687 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,900
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Yeah mann I went Lennox Lewis and smashed everyone online. I only lost once and it was someone going Rocky Marciano and spamming his exaggerated jab.

Black Ops has the most players for a reason. I started with Rainbox Six and said I'd never switch. Then I played COD and it quickly broke me down. I usually finish at like 16-1 in my games, or something like that, so getting kills isn't easy for my opponents I'm assuming.

Yeah, I brag about CPU gaming skills....WHUT?
Take a game like Battlefield 3. That game requires so much more skill to get kills is nuts. Distance actually matters in that game. You don't get a free helicopter to kill stuff, you have to get in it yourself and learn to fly it. Jets, tank, jeeps, different classes such as medics and mechanics. The game just requires you to be good at it. COD is a one trick pony. Just learn to line the reticule up with the person and you win. It just comes down to who's trigger finger is quicker.

Just my opinion though.


Sent from my iPad using VerticalSports


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is online now  
post #1688 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Latvia
Posts: 3,746
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Take a game like Battlefield 3. That game requires so much more skill to get kills is nuts. Distance actually matters in that game. You don't get a free helicopter to kill stuff, you have to get in it yourself and learn to fly it. Jets, tank, jeeps, different classes such as medics and mechanics. The game just requires you to be good at it. COD is a one trick pony. Just learn to line the reticule up with the person and you win. It just comes down to who's trigger finger is quicker.

Just my opinion though.
To a certain degree, yes. But that's why I enjoy playing gamemodes like Domination, Demolition etc. more than TDM, because to win those, team work is what matters. It's damn interesting when two evenly matched teams square off. Or if you're a good player with a shitty team, then you better play your ass off to at least catch up, not to mention win, which is also very fun imo. Not a better feeling when your teams faith is on your shoulders and you end up winning.
Leed is offline  
post #1689 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,900
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed View Post
To a certain degree, yes. But that's why I enjoy playing gamemodes like Domination, Demolition etc. more than TDM, because to win those, team work is what matters. It's damn interesting when two evenly matched teams square off. Or if you're a good player with a shitty team, then you better play your ass off to at least catch up, not to mention win, which is also very fun imo. Not a better feeling when your teams faith is on your shoulders and you end up winning.
It's the same for Battlefield. Rush and Conquest require much teamwork on top of what I previously said. I was never really a fan of TDM.

In all honesty I don't mind COD and I played Black Ops quite a bit. But I pick up COD if I just want to run and gun tbh.


Sent from my iPad using VerticalSports


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is online now  
post #1690 of 9076 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 05:15 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,012
                     
I don't think BF3 takes more skill than COD, I just think BF3 has more going on.

Everyone who plays games seriously can drive vehicles in BF3, shoot and kill, and play well enough to score in games. It's just a matter of how much time you spend with the game learning all the little things, same with COD though, some can get 25+ kills a game easily with few deaths, where as others get more deaths than kills on a consistent basis.

It's all about time spent learning the mechanics.
M.C is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome