What game(s) are you playing? - Page 179 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 133Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1781 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Anyone played NBA 2K13 yet? Excited for Kyrie Irving.
I've got it, not played as or against the Cavs yet but it's pretty sick, My Player is very fun.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1782 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Lightweight
 
DragonStriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,937
                     
Tomorrow I will be into Dishonored.


DragonStriker is offline  
post #1783 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
NBA 2k13 is the shit. (did I use that right?)

It took me two days until I got used to the new controls and gameplay but man, it's fun. Playing a power forward career right now and it's a lot harder to do stuff now but I welcome the challenge. Thinking of playing a guard too since they actually made outdribbling and outspeeding your opponent possible this year.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #1784 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
NBA 2k13 is the shit. (did I use that right?)

It took me two days until I got used to the new controls and gameplay but man, it's fun. Playing a power forward career right now and it's a lot harder to do stuff now but I welcome the challenge. Thinking of playing a guard too since they actually made outdribbling and outspeeding your opponent possible this year.
Harder to do stuff? My SG in 2K12 had no awareness of defense whatsoever. I used a shooter type since the athletic type seemed to be as an equal to everyone with the exception of having no basketball experience before NBA. That or i just sucked.

Rauno is offline  
post #1785 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Harder to do stuff? My SG in 2K12 had no awareness of defense whatsoever. I used a shooter type since the athletic type seemed to be as an equal to everyone with the exception of having no basketball experience before NBA. That or i just sucked.
Yeah, I feel defense is a lot harder to overcome this year. The AI is making better and more realistic decisions. In the beginning if there's a guy defending you there's no way you're gonna score. You have to be that one step ahead and it's really that one single step that's the difference between an open look and a hand in your face. Now try to not make contact with a defender as a power forward under the basket.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #1786 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Yeah, I feel defense is a lot harder to overcome this year. The AI is making better and more realistic decisions. In the beginning if there's a guy defending you there's no way you're gonna score. You have to be that one step ahead and it's really that one single step that's the difference between an open look and a hand in your face. Now try to not make contact with a defender as a power forward under the basket.
This is awesome. Crazy how far video games have gone. I still remember all the monster jams and it's showtime dunks we had in the early 2000 NBA Lives.

Rauno is offline  
post #1787 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,337
Blog Entries: 13
                     
I remember playing it in the 90's with that awesome Bulls team.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Diaz Bro's - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye
HitOrGetHit is online now  
post #1788 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I remember playing it in the 90's with that awesome Bulls team.
On which platform? I somehwat remember playing a basketball game on NES with the official NBA teams. Obviously i had no clue about them but everyone knew the Bulls logo.

Rauno is offline  
post #1789 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,865
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Games might have come far, but they used to be a lot more fun. I bet I enjoyed Streets of Rage or Golden Axe a million times more than kids today enjoy COD.

Next Game I'll Be Playing:-



Stobbart is about to mix shit up.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #1790 of 9716 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,044
                     
Decided to last-minute pre-order X:COM, mostly because of nostalgia. I loved the first three (after that the series got pretty crappy in terms of production quality imo) and didn't really like the demo for this one a whole lot, but the reviews are all so glowing, and I have such affection for the series I feel like fifty bucks isn't a big sacrifice to support the franchise.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome