What game(s) are you playing? - Page 304 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 126Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3031 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
Microsoft conference went as expected.

Games I'd like to play that Microsoft showed game play footage of:

Battlefield 4
Dead Rising 3
Metal Gear Solid V
Spark
Ryse
Titan Fall
Below

Don't care about always online, why would I, it's 2013? They should of been doing auto updates and stuff like that already at times other then when I want to play a game. If internet goes down I can still play offline anyways so what is the big deal?

Don't care about sharing games with friends. 90% of my gaming buddies are not my neighbors or even live in the same town let alone state as me, they don't have any problems playing the games they want to or ones we play together. Plus over half of my games are digital anyways, not physical, I don't share them along to other machines. Not a big deal to me.
GDPofDRB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3032 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Microsoft conference went as expected.

Games I'd like to play that Microsoft showed game play footage of:

Battlefield 4
Dead Rising 3
Metal Gear Solid V
Spark
Ryse
Titan Fall
Below

Don't care about always online, why would I, it's 2013? They should of been doing auto updates and stuff like that already at times other then when I want to play a game. If internet goes down I can still play offline anyways so what is the big deal?

Don't care about sharing games with friends. 90% of my gaming buddies are not my neighbors or even live in the same town let alone state as me, they don't have any problems playing the games they want to or ones we play together. Plus over half of my games are digital anyways, not physical, I don't share them along to other machines. Not a big deal to me.
No, you can't play your games when your internet goes down. Your offline single player games will not function without an internet connection on the Xbox One.

You don't care that without an internet connection your games won't work and that the physical discs are nothing more than a license to play the game? You do realize that the moment the Xbox One goes offline, 0 of your games will work, right? I can go play any NES, SNES, 64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Wii, PS3/360 etc games whenever I want, because I have the games and they work offline, Xbox One games won't.

You don't "own" your games on the Xbox One and they are only available for the limited amount of time MS will allow those servers to be up. You are renting a game for $60 that can only be played so long as MS feels they want to keep that server online.

As for sharing games with friends, it means you can't rent or buy/sell used games anymore. How would you feel if you could no longer buy/trade used vehicles? Furniture? everyday objects? MS is anti-consumerist.

Very, very few people are happy with the Xbox One, in fact you are the only person I have seen that is even remotely happy with it, which is fine that's your opinion, but never thought I'd see someone who actually supports their anti-consumer nonsense.
M.C is offline  
post #3033 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,226
                     
new metal gear¿?! sweet.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #3034 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:31 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
new metal gear¿?! sweet.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yeah it was announced a few months ago, looks really good. It's coming out for current gen as well if I'm not mistaken.
M.C is offline  
post #3035 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
new metal gear¿?! sweet.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yeah supposedly you can go wherever you want in the world at any time. Not sure how that will work with Metal Gear Solid but i think its awesome none the less.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #3036 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:46 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Yeah it was announced a few months ago, looks really good. It's coming out for current gen as well if I'm not mistaken.
I believe so, and I'm so stoked for the open world aspect!

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #3037 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 4,857
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
No, you can't play your games when your internet goes down. Your offline single player games will not function without an internet connection on the Xbox One.

You don't care that without an internet connection your games won't work and that the physical discs are nothing more than a license to play the game? You do realize that the moment the Xbox One goes offline, 0 of your games will work, right? I can go play any NES, SNES, 64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Wii, PS3/360 etc games whenever I want, because I have the games and they work offline, Xbox One games won't.

You don't "own" your games on the Xbox One and they are only available for the limited amount of time MS will allow those servers to be up. You are renting a game for $60 that can only be played so long as MS feels they want to keep that server online.

As for sharing games with friends, it means you can't rent or buy/sell used games anymore. How would you feel if you could no longer buy/trade used vehicles? Furniture? everyday objects? MS is anti-consumerist.

Very, very few people are happy with the Xbox One, in fact you are the only person I have seen that is even remotely happy with it, which is fine that's your opinion, but never thought I'd see someone who actually supports their anti-consumer nonsense.
This.

Plus -

Why should the laws be different for the entertainment industry.

Imagine buying a new car then not being able to sell it when you want a new one.

Or buying a packet of M&M's and having to share them in secret incase the food equivalent of the MPAA spotted you and tried to sue you for sharing the goods.

Also, the Xbox servers WILL go down at somepoint, its an absolute cert. Happens all the time where they have tried online only gameplay on PC titles like Simcity and Assassins Creed. You actually had people who had bought the game, downloading cracks for AC3 so they could play. A feature people who had downloaded illegally were already enjoying.

Spite is online now  
post #3038 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
No, you can't play your games when your internet goes down. Your offline single player games will not function without an internet connection on the Xbox One.

You don't care that without an internet connection your games won't work and that the physical discs are nothing more than a license to play the game? You do realize that the moment the Xbox One goes offline, 0 of your games will work, right? I can go play any NES, SNES, 64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Wii, PS3/360 etc games whenever I want, because I have the games and they work offline, Xbox One games won't.

You don't "own" your games on the Xbox One and they are only available for the limited amount of time MS will allow those servers to be up. You are renting a game for $60 that can only be played so long as MS feels they want to keep that server online.

As for sharing games with friends, it means you can't rent or buy/sell used games anymore. How would you feel if you could no longer buy/trade used vehicles? Furniture? everyday objects? MS is anti-consumerist.

Very, very few people are happy with the Xbox One, in fact you are the only person I have seen that is even remotely happy with it, which is fine that's your opinion, but never thought I'd see someone who actually supports their anti-consumer nonsense.
lol, I can't be bothered to cry about all that stuff because at the end of the day I'm not seeing much that is going to stop me from getting what I want from the product.

I don't recall the last time I gamed when I didn't have an internet connection. My internet only is off hen my power is out, not ideal gaming time. If I can't afford my internet I have bigger problems then needing to play Xbox games after 24 hours of offline gaming, and I don't game for 24 non-stop hours also, I hope someone shoots me in the face if I did.

The part about Microsoft owning the games you buy and only allowing them to be temporarily played is utter bull shit right? Where is the proof that people are going to have a only a limited amount of time to play a game they purchase?

I don't know where you get your info but it's on the publishers if people can buy or sell their used games. And again, I don't really care.

1st world problems don't have me to bent out of shape about of any of this. If they have games I wanna play, I'm going to be able to play them.
GDPofDRB is offline  
post #3039 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 05:51 PM
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,616
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
lol, I can't be bothered to cry about all that stuff because at the end of the day I'm not seeing much that is going to stop me from getting what I want from the product.

I don't recall the last time I gamed when I didn't have an internet connection. If I can't afford my internet I have bigger problems then needing to play Xbox games after 24 hours of offline gaming, and I don't game for 24 non-stop hours also, I hope someone shoots me in the face if I did.

The part about Microsoft owning the games you buy and only allowing them to be temporarily played is utter bull shit right? Where is the proof that people are going to have a only a limited amount of time to play a game they purchase?

I don't know where you get your info but it's on the publishers if people can buy or sell their used games. And again, I don't really care.

1st world problems don't have me to bent out of shape about of any of this. If they have games I wanna play, I'm going to be able to play them.
He's saying if microsofts servers went down you wouldn't be able to play any of your games. Or even more so, If they decided to completely disable their servers and sell the company, You would also be out all the money you payed for the games.

Don't act like there has never been a time when you came home from work and wanted to play a game, only to find out they were doing a patch or hotfix and it annoyed you.. thats just utter bs if its coming from someone who games regularly.

Bendo | Aldo | Cerrone | Vitor | Fedor | Cormier

Need to book a pro or amateur mma fight in the midsouth area? PM ME!!

Sig by Limba
xxpillowxxjp is offline  
post #3040 of 9661 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,263
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
lol, I can't be bothered to cry about all that stuff because at the end of the day I'm not seeing much that is going to stop me from getting what I want from the product.

I don't recall the last time I gamed when I didn't have an internet connection. If I can't afford my internet I have bigger problems then needing to play Xbox games after 24 hours of offline gaming, and I don't game for 24 non-stop hours also, I hope someone shoots me in the face if I did.

The part about Microsoft owning the games you buy and only allowing them to be temporarily played is utter bull shit right? Where is the proof that people are going to have a only a limited amount of time to play a game they purchase?

I don't know where you get your info but it's on the publishers if people can buy or sell their used games. And again, I don't really care.

1st world problems don't have me to bent out of shape about of any of this. If they have games I wanna play, I'm going to be able to play them.
It's the fact that if your internet is down for more than a day, you can't play, if you ever want to take your system somewhere and you can't connect for whatever reason, you can't play. You cannot borrow/rent games anymore. And even if someone signs in with their profile for you to play the game, it goes to every hour online as opposed to every 24. But as soon as you are back on your profile, you have to buy the rights to play the game.

To each their own I suppose. I just don't want to throw money away because I have it.

If Sony comes out and doesn't have these ridiculous restrictions, there is no reason to stick with xbox.


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Tecia Torres - Jessica Eye

Sig Credit: M.C

HitOrGetHit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome