What game(s) are you playing? - Page 317 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 102Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3161 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:33 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
It has the same battle system as Kingdom Hearts. There's 3 people in your party, you have attack/warp/magic/summon commands, abilities to use, there's a giant open world where you can fly around airships/ride chocobos/cars around, a day/night system, etc.

You can go to this thread where I go into a bit more detail about it if you want to read more about the game - http://www.mmaforum.com/entertainmen...tasy-15-a.html
Not a big fan of Kingdom Hearts. Well, if the battle system needs you to press more than one button it's gonna be a big improvement.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3162 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:40 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,156
Blog Entries: 1
                     
what I want is for capcom to get off their asses and properly make games again


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #3163 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:40 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,425
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Not a big fan of Kingdom Hearts. Well, if the battle system needs you to press more than one button it's gonna be a big improvement.
Every FF game only requires 1 button in combat lol.

FF15 plays like Kingdom Hearts where the combat is in real time, but you will need to heal, cast spells, warp (warp is new to the system, you can only warp to where you throw your sword), and summons. It's certainly not a hack and slash, it's just real time instead of turn based and looks fast. If more buttons = better combat for you (more interaction/control I assume you mean) then it'll certainly be the best FF game on the gameplay front.

I think if people let go of the old school mentality where combat needs to be slow and tactical in FF games, you can see the game for what it is which is a fast paced tactical battle system that still has the whole magic/summon/party system, just much more fluid and action based. Plus, bringing back the open world/vehicles/dungeons and adding things like a day/night cycle make it very interesting.
M.C is online now  
post #3164 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Every FF game only requires 1 button in combat lol.

FF15 plays like Kingdom Hearts where the combat is in real time, but you will need to heal, cast spells, warp (warp is new to the system, you can only warp to where you throw your sword), and summons. It's certainly not a hack and slash, it's just real time instead of turn based and looks fast. If more buttons = better combat for you (more interaction/control I assume you mean) then it'll certainly be the best FF game on the gameplay front.

I think if people let go of the old school mentality where combat needs to be slow and tactical in FF games, you can see the game for what it is which is a fast paced tactical battle system that still has the whole magic/summon/party system, just much more fluid and action based. Plus, bringing back the open world/vehicles/dungeons and adding things like a day/night cycle make it very interesting.
I seem to recall that FF10 used each of the four front buttons and the right trigger. But... but... I like my battles as slow and tactical as possible. Stupid change... WHY IS EVERYTHING CHANGING?!




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #3165 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 03:40 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,425
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I seem to recall that FF10 used each of the four front buttons and the right trigger. But... but... I like my battles as slow and tactical as possible. Stupid change... WHY IS EVERYTHING CHANGING?!
I like those type of battles as well. You should play Lost Odyssey if you haven't (it's on 360), it plays spot on like the old school FF games including random battles. Great RPG.

I wouldn't overlook FF15 though if I were you, just have to understand what it is doing and if you can do that the game looks great.
M.C is online now  
post #3166 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 01:14 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 4,379
                     
Looking forward for next week... Deadpool

and

Company of Heroes 2 - Thats right console noobs... an actual EXCLUSIVE for the PC!

Spite is offline  
post #3167 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:35 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Haha so Microsoft is going back on the "Always online" and "Not sharing games" nonsense.



I say if you are going to try and sell people shit atleast stand behind your shit. You didnt bother revising it when everyone was telling you how stupid of an idea it was 3 months ago. But all of the sudden the pre-orders come out and the numbers are too low and now you have to fix something.... nice...

SideWays222 is offline  
post #3168 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:48 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 4,379
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Haha so Microsoft is going back on the "Always online" and "Not sharing games" nonsense.



I say if you are going to try and sell people shit atleast stand behind your shit. You didnt bother revising it when everyone was telling you how stupid of an idea it was 3 months ago. But all of the sudden the pre-orders come out and the numbers are too low and now you have to fix something.... nice...
It's pure arrogance by Microsoft, whoever decided to push ahead with that shit needs sacking.

MS have lost console sales over this, as they've lost the trust of even some of their most devout fan boys.

Spite is offline  
post #3169 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:55 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
It's pure arrogance by Microsoft, whoever decided to push ahead with that shit needs sacking.

MS have lost console sales over this, as they've lost the trust of even some of their most devout fan boys.
Agreed.

If they fixed it 3 months ago when the feedback was rolling in then id say good on Microsoft for listening. But this move is nothing more then low pre-order sales forcing them to do something and they are going to pretend that they did it cause of the feedback they got.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #3170 of 9411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 07:59 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,272
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
It's pure arrogance by Microsoft, whoever decided to push ahead with that shit needs sacking.

MS have lost console sales over this, as they've lost the trust of even some of their most devout fan boys.
After this Xbox One fiasco I'm definitely moving on to Sony despite MS getting rid of the bullshit restrictions. Its pretty hard to trust them after this. Pretty sad to because Ryse: Son of Rome looks like a pretty bad ass game and would loved to have tried it.



Pick up Lost Odyssey today. Considering its four disc's it promises to be a very long game.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome