What game(s) are you playing? - Page 320 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 73Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3191 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,917
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Pc games will always be behind console games, Final Fantasy games and MGS series games always had better graphics then any PC game.And when PC games catch up to PS4 graphics they will just come out with a new console.
Definitely backwards. Is MGS even out on PC? You can't compare it to a PC when its a different game. All I know if I have seen BF, COD, Skyrim, Fallout, Farcry 3, Bioshock, and many more that all looked better on the PC.

PC isn't playing catch up. The hardware available is already at new gen console if not better. It is pretty much common knowledge that PC's are superior when it comes to graphics and they can handle it at a much higher fps.

The 360 launched 8 years ago. You really cant believe it took 8 years for PC's to have better hardware in them. New CPU's and GPU's are already being released.


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3192 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 3,500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Pc games will always be behind console games, Final Fantasy games and MGS series games always had better graphics then any PC game.And when PC games catch up to PS4 graphics they will just come out with a new console.
+ 1 for trolling

I never thought you had it in you!

Spite is offline  
post #3193 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 09:41 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,503
                     
Quote:
Definitely backwards. Is MGS even out on PC? You can't compare it to a PC when its a different game. All I know if I have seen BF, COD, Skyrim, Fallout, Farcry 3, Bioshock, and many more that all looked better on the PC.
Yah i can that's kind of the whole argument because PC's will never have the rights to exclusive games like MGS witch had better graphics then any pc game,and that would be one example.And Skyrim and Bioshock are relatively new so while i was playing FF7 you were playing Pac man.



Quote:
PC isn't playing catch up. The hardware available is already at new gen console if not better. It is pretty much common knowledge that PC's are superior when it comes to graphics and they can handle it at a much higher fps.
Just because SOME pc's are superior in SOME homes now does't mean that the games will have better graphics then an exclusive game that was made for a ps3. I over clocked the shit out of my PC and then Sony or Microsoft will make a game with BETTER graphics and then my PC with my High fps will be playing a shitty game.


The 360 launched 8 years ago. You really cant believe it took 8 years for PC's to have better hardware in them. New CPU's and GPU's are already being released.[/QUOTE]

did anyone say anything about hardware? like i said before
Quote:
Pc games will always be behind console games
.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #3194 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,233
                     
Right now I am multitasking between 4 games right now. Lost Odyssey, Metro 2033, Persona 3, and Bayonetta.

Finding it hard to go back to Metro 2033 because of that checkpoint bullshit I went through the last time. I have to find a way to balance both my ammo and air filters. If I can do that I might stand a chance in this game.

Tried playing lost Odyssey today but didn't get far. Was out all day in the sun and the heat zapped all my energy. When I got to the game I couldn't stop yawning. I'll have to try tomorrow.

I kind of have a love hate relationship with Bayonetta right now. Gameplay is fun and the story is crazy. I'm playing a servant of hell that is trying to save the world from heaven's angels. Seems a bit backwards but their it is. Getting killed more often then I should. Maybe I'm not that good at platformers.

Persona 3 and 4 makes me wonder how I ever passed high school. I actually have to attend class and the teacher will constantly pick me to answer questions like what Ressentiment is? Other then that Persona is a fun game to play.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #3195 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,917
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Yah i can that's kind of the whole argument because PC's will never have the rights to exclusive games like MGS witch had better graphics then any pc game,and that would be one example.And Skyrim and Bioshock are relatively new so while i was playing FF7 you were playing Pac man.
What I am saying is that Skyrim and Bioshock are titles that were on both console and PC, and PC was definitely the better looking game. PC will always have more potential when it comes to how a game looks until companies make consoles upgradeable. PC has always had the better fps as well.


Quote:
Just because SOME pc's are superior in SOME homes now does't mean that the games will have better graphics then an exclusive game that was made for a ps3. I over clocked the shit out of my PC and then Sony or Microsoft will make a game with BETTER graphics and then my PC with my High fps will be playing a shitty game.
If you bought a high end GPU, this would literally never happen. Gamer's PC's will surpass the potential of consoles, so it doesn't matter how good the graphics will get. My PC destroyed the 360/PS3 capabilities and it didn't take 8 years for that to become a possibility. It was shortly after the launch. So no matter how good the game was, the PC would always outperform the console, regardless of how good or bad it was doing.

If you are relying on your CPU speed and neglecting the GPU, then that's the problem.

Quote:
did anyone say anything about hardware? like i said before .
When you are talking about how games look, at he end of the day, it comes down to what kind of hardware is in your box.

Sure, the exclusives are fun and look really good. But that doesn't put PC behind when every single game that is made for both looks better on PC.

For the record, I don't knock console gaming. I was a console gamer for most of my gaming life and I still buy and play consoles along with my PC, but I don't kid myself by thinking the PC is always trailing behind console. It simply isn't the case.


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #3196 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,044
                     
Almost done with chapter 7 in FF13, at least it seems that way. The game is better than I had originally thought, but it's not amazing by any stretch of the imagination.

I like it enough to be looking forward to FF13-2 (even though I hear it's worse) and Lightning Returns.
M.C is offline  
post #3197 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Almost done with chapter 7 in FF13, at least it seems that way. The game is better than I had originally thought, but it's not amazing by any stretch of the imagination.

I like it enough to be looking forward to FF13-2 (even though I hear it's worse) and Lightning Returns.
Don't. If you do you'll be disappointed. If you begin playing it thinking it's the worst game ever you will have some fun.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #3198 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 AM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,233
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Don't. If you do you'll be disappointed. If you begin playing it thinking it's the worst game ever you will have some fun.
I had some things to say about ff13-2 (should the final fantasy series die thread) because the plot didn't make sense and people in that world were way to accepting of the time travel thing.

"Oh, its paradox. oh well, nothing I haven't seen before."

I don't think worst game ever is accurate. I played games that were a hundred times worse the FF13-2. Games were it seemed developers didn't put any effort into their product at all. For instance, did you guys ever play Mindjack?

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #3199 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 07:09 AM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 3,500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
If you bought a high end GPU, this would literally never happen. Gamer's PC's will surpass the potential of consoles, so it doesn't matter how good the graphics will get. My PC destroyed the 360/PS3 capabilities and it didn't take 8 years for that to become a possibility. It was shortly after the launch. So no matter how good the game was, the PC would always outperform the console, regardless of how good or bad it was doing.
The 360 is based on the Nvidia 7600 GT.

Heres how it compares to modern video cards.



Notice that the chart is for common video cards.. it does not include current top end cards such as the Geforce GTX Titan, which scored 8215 - making the best PC GPU 43 times better in performance. Now bare in mind that you can actually put 3 Titans in your machine if you choose too!

PC gaming is held back by consoles, every game that is made is made with a console in mind, so producers never really get the chance to fully test the PC's capabilities. It's financial of course, only a small percentage of gamers have top end PC's so making an exclusive top-end PC game is out of the question...but if they did... console owners would shit themselves, they'd never be able to look at their consoles in the same light again.

If everybody had PC's instead of consoles, we'd probably be playing photo-realistic games by now.

Spite is offline  
post #3200 of 9100 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: England
Posts: 85
                     
I've been playing Red Dead Redemption a lot recently. Really good game, wish I'd bought it sooner. Just need a few more trophies for the platinum.
miceld is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome