What game(s) are you playing? - Page 322 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 101Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3211 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:30 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,421
                     
PC Games will always look superior playing multiplats because they are ports and they are not designed individually to make use of the full hardware of a specific console.

Exclusives won't always be behind and honestly I think 2-3 years from now once they get full understanding of the consoles, it will look as good if not better than any running PC games at the time (most PC exclusives don't look good at all). As I said earlier a few games already shown off for next gen of consoles look better than any high end PC game out right now, and those are multiplats not even exclusive and they are like a year from being finished.

Graphics can only get so good, there are diminishing returns each generation, there's a reason why the jump from PS2 to PS3 was far more impressive than PS3 to PS4 (even though it's still nice). Graphics can only get to a certain point before everything starts looking the same regardless of hardware, a face can only look so detailed, and that point is closing in fast.

I'm a PC guy btw, love my PC for mods/steam etc, so I'm not being biased in anyway just calling how I see it.
M.C is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3212 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,128
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Of course the next gen game looks better when being compared to a previous gen game on the PC. That isn't a fair comparison. It's like comparing the 360 to a ps2 game.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #3213 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
PC Games will always look superior playing multiplats because they are ports and they are not designed individually to make use of the full hardware of a specific console.

Exclusives won't always be behind and honestly I think 2-3 years from now once they get full understanding of the consoles, it will look as good if not better than any running PC games at the time (most PC exclusives don't look good at all). As I said earlier a few games already shown off for next gen of consoles look better than any high end PC game out right now, and those are multiplats not even exclusive and they are like a year from being finished.

Graphics can only get so good, there are diminishing returns each generation, there's a reason why the jump from PS2 to PS3 was far more impressive than PS3 to PS4 (even though it's still nice). Graphics can only get to a certain point before everything starts looking the same regardless of hardware, a face can only look so detailed, and that point is closing in fast.

I'm a PC guy btw, love my PC for mods/steam etc, so I'm not being biased in anyway just calling how I see it.
Not all ps 4 games will be transferred to the PC just like not all ps3 games were on the PC,i just thought you had a point about graphics i know exactly how good PC's are.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #3214 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:38 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Of course the next gen game looks better when being compared to a previous gen game on the PC. That isn't a fair comparison. It's like comparing the 360 to a ps2 game.
So how exactly are PC's not gonna be playing catch up to the PS 4 or Steambox or xbox or w/e if they won't have the games?




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #3215 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,128
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
So how exactly are PC's not gonna be playing catch up to the PS 4 or Steambox or xbox or w/e if they won't have the games?
What does this even mean? They won't have what games? The few exclusives here and there? They have their own exclusives. Just like Xbox has their own and Nintendo and Sony.

Almost every game worth playing will be available for the PC.

It's like asking how is Sony not playing catch up since they won't have Halo.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #3216 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
What does this even mean? They won't have what games? The few exclusives here and there? They have their own exclusives. Just like Xbox has their own and Nintendo and Sony.

Almost every game worth playing will be available for the PC.
What PC exclusive even comes close to Graphics when you compare it to a console exclusive?

Quote:
It's like asking how is Sony not playing catch up since they won't have Halo
Sony is not playing catch up because they have games that look better then Halo,your argument is dumb. were comparing pc to console graphics let me know when you get a legitimate argument.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #3217 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:47 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 4,359
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Well i thought we were talking about graphics so games like Resident Evil and FF games win all the awards, both btw not pc games.WoW and SC gameplay graphics are completely shit if you are comparing them to games like Metal Gear Solid.And if you want to compare CGI graphics then Squareenix will put any PC game to shit also.So when the ps 4 comes out PC once again like i stated previously will be playing catch up to games like The Division,Watchdogs etc...
The thing is that the next gen of consoles are based on the Radeon 7000 series, which is an awesome set of graphics cards. But... there are already better graphics cards available on the PC; Meaning the PC already trumps the next generation in terms of shear power and that gap is gonna get bigger quickly.

BTW, you do realise that when Squareenix produce CGI graphics, they do it on a PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
oh and i would take a console exclusive any day on my 57 inch 1080 p
Just a pity your console exclusives can't take advantage of your 57 inch 1080p, since all the games run at 720p.

Spite is offline  
post #3218 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,128
Blog Entries: 13
                     
I don't really need to argue that the graphics are better when it is already common knowledge (or should be).

It's just funny that you say playing catch up when the big selling points this gen were things like 60 fps and multitasking!

Welcome to the party.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #3219 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 4,359
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
What PC exclusive even comes close to Graphics when you compare it to a console exclusive?
PC Exclusive. Out today.


Spite is offline  
post #3220 of 9399 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post

Just a pity your console exclusives can't take advantage of your 57 inch 1080p, since all the games run at 720p.
really i didn't know my ff13 wasn't 1080 p




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
Bonnar426
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome