What game(s) are you playing? - Page 323 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 69Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3221 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,501
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
PC Exclusive. Out today.

garbage game,Killzone graphics make that piece of shit look like a joke




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3222 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,899
Blog Entries: 13
                     
It's becoming more and more apparent that you are just a console fanboy. Anything said about PC, and you just try and shoot it down.

Go look at games from the previous gen on the console and PC. PC crushes it 99.9% of the time. Previous gen hardware is already beyond the next gen console hardware. But it's alright.we should discount the hundreds of games that look better on the PC because Killzone has better graphics than some other game on the PC...

But welcome to the multitasking and decent frames. Consoles were only over a decade behind. But I'll go back to playing "catch up".


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #3223 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 3,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
really i didn't know my ff13 wasn't 1080 p
Well now you do, it's upscaled to 1080p, like many of the PS4 titles, games runs 720p.

Spite is offline  
post #3224 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,501
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
It's becoming more and more apparent that you are just a console fanboy. Anything said about PC, and you just try and shoot it down.

Go look at games from the previous gen on the console and PC. PC crushes it 99.9% of the time. Previous gen hardware is already beyond the next gen console hardware. But it's alright.we should discount the hundreds of games that look better on the PC because Killzone has better graphics than some other game on the PC...

But welcome to the multitasking and decent frames. Consoles were only over a decade behind. But I'll go back to playing "catch up".
It's more apparent that you just like to argue and have to facts behind you,why don't you start from 1997 with your so called PC exclusives and name me a game that you think had better graphics then a console game.If you like pc exclusives you should try prince of persia on dos mode i hear that game has crazy graphics.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #3225 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:10 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,996
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Of course the next gen game looks better when being compared to a previous gen game on the PC. That isn't a fair comparison. It's like comparing the 360 to a ps2 game.
The point I'm making about PS4/X1 games looking better than high end PC games now is that graphics can only get so good. It isn't the case of going from SD to HD, it's now going from HD...to more HD with a little better everything. The graphics are going to cap out eventually and they will more than likely cap out this generation after a few years. What we are seeing on PS4/X1 isn't going to be that much different than what we are going to see on PC, it's all HD, it's all high end, and the graphics are going to cap regadless of the hardware. You can only make a face look so good and you can only add so much detail to a world, and if you look at console exclusives right now like TLOU and GoW:A, you will find they look on par with most if not all PC games out there, and it's not about the hardware, it's about the graphical limitations.

Basically - the gap between console and PC is fading based simply off graphical limitations, and next generation will show it quite clearly I am sure. We will just have to wait and see.

--------

To people who have played FF13, I'm on chapter 8 and I'm wondering how long it is until I can create my own party how I want. Can someone tell me this (without spoilers)?
M.C is offline  
post #3226 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:18 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,501
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
The point I'm making about PS4/X1 games looking better than high end PC games now is that graphics can only get so good. It isn't the case of going from SD to HD, it's now going from HD...to more HD with a little better everything. The graphics are going to cap out eventually and they will more than likely cap out this generation after a few years. What we are seeing on PS4/X1 isn't going to be that much different than what we are going to see on PC, it's all HD, it's all high end, and the graphics are going to cap regadless of the hardware. You can only make a face look so good and you can only add so much detail to a world, and if you look at console exclusives right now like TLOU and GoW:A, you will find they look on par with most if not all PC games out there, and it's not about the hardware, it's about the graphical limitations.

Basically - the gap between console and PC is fading based simply off graphical limitations, and next generation will show it quite clearly I am sure. We will just have to wait and see.

--------

To people who have played FF13, I'm on chapter 8 and I'm wondering how long it is until I can create my own party how I want. Can someone tell me this (without spoilers)?
I'm actually a PC guy and love mine but i know that i wont be a using a pc more then a console when it comes to gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
Well now you do, it's upscaled to 1080p, like many of the PS4 titles, games runs 720p.
Do you have a point? why are trying to teach me about computers when i won mine for free at a lan tournament playing a PC game.Its like Lebron trying to teach Jordan about Titles




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #3227 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:31 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 3,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
It's more apparent that you just like to argue and have to facts behind you,why don't you start from 1997 with your so called PC exclusives and name me a game that you think had better graphics then a console game.If you like pc exclusives you should try prince of persia on dos mode i hear that game has crazy graphics.
Ahhh 1997... it was a vintage year for PC games. Online gaming was becoming more popular and the first person shooter genre was being refined to become the money maker it is today.

Meanwhile the PS1 is setting new standards in split screen technology, hey I remember you could buy a widget thingy that let you plug 4 controllers in and each player could have a quarter of the screen - it truly was a vision of the future.

Although the PS1 was better than PC at launch the PC overtook it, just as it did with the PS2 & PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Do you have a point? why are trying to teach me about computers when i won mine for free at a lan tournament playing a PC game.Its like Lebron trying to teach Jordan about Titles
Yeah point is, you were making a point of playing a PS3 game at 1080. I corrected you.

Point served.

Move on.

Spite is offline  
post #3228 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Really? well i won my computer for free playing COD i also won over 20 Grand playing the COD series professionally a couple years ago.Do you know what i'm going to be doing on my cool high FPS computer when WatchDogs comes out? PC GAMES will always be playing catch up.gg noob
What the heck does that have anything to do with anything??? Lmao. You are a troll.


Compare the same games that are on the PC and on a Console. PC trumps it almost every time if not every time at this point.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #3229 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,996
                     
Relax on insults.

In fact this whole discussion isn't what this thread is about, we are all pretty far off topic at this point. This thread is used for a specific purpose and it's not being used for it.

So let's all just get back on topic about what we are playing/specific games, and the whole console/pc war can go to another thread if someone wishes to make one.
M.C is offline  
post #3230 of 9071 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:50 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,501
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
Ahhh 1997... it was a vintage year for PC games. Online gaming was becoming more popular and the first person shooter genre was being refined to become the money maker it is today.

Meanwhile the PS1 is setting new standards in split screen technology, hey I remember you could buy a widget thingy that let you plug 4 controllers in and each player could have a quarter of the screen - it truly was a vision of the future.

Although the PS1 was better than PC at launch the PC overtook it, just as it did with the PS2 & PS3.
Yah very good year good wine,care to name a game with better graphics or do you just talk out of your ass.
Let me just start and then you can finish

2004 best graphics awards Halo 2 ,Ninja Gaiden
Game of the Year: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2005:Best graphics:Resident Evil 4
Game of the Year:Resident Evil 4

2006:Best Graphics: Gears of War

ok now you go and tell me which FPS you think has better graphics

Quote:
Yeah point is, you were making a point of playing a PS3 game at 1080. I corrected you.

Point served.
Yah thats what my ps3 says when it switches from 720 to 1080, thx for explaining to me what i already knew why dont you try to teach me about computers like hitorgetHit and not name one single game that has better graphics.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome