What game(s) are you playing? - Page 332 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 70Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3311 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:57 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,020
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
Usually you would have to wait 6 months to a year of the consoles release before you have a better selection of games. Even then you might want to hold off because bugs in the system could turn up and have to wait longer for the corporation to fix the damn thing (Xbox 360 Red Ring of death). So really I don't see his problem going away soon. Errrh, I hate it when new consoles come out and my old system becomes obsolete.

Also, I want your guys opinion. I was thinking of buying either a PS Vista or a Nintendo 3DS. I was considering a vista but considering the accessories and a memory card are sold separately, plus the cost of a game I'm figuring it is going to cost me at least 320.00. Not only that but it doesn't seem like the Vista has a wide selection of games to choose from. Their are games I would like to get but I'm almost afraid to shell out that much money and feel as though I'm not getting my monies worth. Will I get my monies worth If I buy it?

3DS looks like it is cheaper and has a wide selection of games. I don't think I would get killed with accessories and their are a few games I would like to play on it.

What do you guys think? Which one is the better system?
I have both a 3DS and a Vita, so I have a good understanding of both. (long post ahead.)

The Vita is a fantastic handheld... on a technical level. The screen is beautiful, it makes PSone classics look fantastic cause of the smaller resolution (they stretch really wide on PS3/HDTV), it has very neat features that definitely beat out the 3DS, just in general it's better than the 3DS on every single technical level. It also can be used with your PS3/PS4 for cross-game play.

The problem is it only has 4 games on the whole system that are any good. You have Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Persona 4 Golden, Muramasa Rebirth, and Soul Sacrifice. The future of the Vita looks kinda good, you have a few solid games coming out for it, but overall it is lacking a lot on games. It can play PSP games, but it lacks the UMD drive (nowhere to put the PSP physical games), so you have to do it via downloading games onto a card or some other method, pain in the ass.

The 3DS on the other hand while technically inferior in most areas and the only thing it has going for it on that side is 3D (which is cool btw), has a ridiculous amount of games and honestly I would say at this very moment is the single best console a person can own if you are looking for great games.

Literally off the top of my head - Luigi's Ghost Mansion, Fire Emblem: Awakening (best game this year on any platform so far, IMO), Kingdom Hearts 3D, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, StarFox 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Zero Escape, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Project X Zone, Tales of the Abyss, Professor Layton, Etrian Odyssey IV, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy, Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition, etc.

Games coming out for the 3DS soon - Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (A Link to the Past sequel), Bravely Default, Smash Bros 3D, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Pokemon X/Y, so many great games.

It is also 100% backwards compatible with the DS, you can fit physical DS games into the same slot, and the DS library is mind-blowingly amazing on its own, so you get two extremely full libraries of great games in one system.

------------

So... in my opinion if you have to choose one the 3DS is easily the best choice, in fact if you were saying which is better a PS3 or a 3DS I'd probably still say 3DS, there's just so many damn great games on it.

Still, a Vita is great to have for the few games it does have and if you are huge into PS1 classics, it can play all PS1 games in a better resolution than on your TV so they look a lot better, and in the future you can bet it you will find it worth the purchase price.

I'm glad I own both, but the 3DS is superior than any console on the market right now IMO, I'd own that over a PS3 or 360 or Wii U or anything right now.

edit - if you are going to get a 3DS, make sure you get the 3DS XL. It's a larger 3DS so the screen is bigger and it's far more comfortable to hold. It's not as portable cause it's larger but if you don't have the hands of an 11 year old boy, you will want the bigger XL.

Long post but I wanted to go into some details for you.
M.C is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3312 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 12:35 AM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,231
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I have both a 3DS and a Vita, so I have a good understanding of both. (long post ahead.)

The Vita is a fantastic handheld... on a technical level. The screen is beautiful, it makes PSone classics look fantastic cause of the smaller resolution (they stretch really wide on PS3/HDTV), it has very neat features that definitely beat out the 3DS, just in general it's better than the 3DS on every single technical level. It also can be used with your PS3/PS4 for cross-game play.

The problem is it only has 4 games on the whole system that are any good. You have Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Persona 4 Golden, Muramasa Rebirth, and Soul Sacrifice. The future of the Vita looks kinda good, you have a few solid games coming out for it, but overall it is lacking a lot on games. It can play PSP games, but it lacks the UMD drive (nowhere to put the PSP physical games), so you have to do it via downloading games onto a card or some other method, pain in the ass.

The 3DS on the other hand while technically inferior in most areas and the only thing it has going for it on that side is 3D (which is cool btw), has a ridiculous amount of games and honestly I would say at this very moment is the single best console a person can own if you are looking for great games.

Literally off the top of my head - Luigi's Ghost Mansion, Fire Emblem: Awakening (best game this year on any platform so far, IMO), Kingdom Hearts 3D, Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, StarFox 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Zero Escape, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Project X Zone, Tales of the Abyss, Professor Layton, Etrian Odyssey IV, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy, Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition, etc.

Games coming out for the 3DS soon - Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (A Link to the Past sequel), Bravely Default, Smash Bros 3D, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Pokemon X/Y, so many great games.

It is also 100% backwards compatible with the DS, you can fit physical DS games into the same slot, and the DS library is mind-blowingly amazing on its own, so you get two extremely full libraries of great games in one system.

------------

So... in my opinion if you have to choose one the 3DS is easily the best choice, in fact if you were saying which is better a PS3 or a 3DS I'd probably still say 3DS, there's just so many damn great games on it.

Still, a Vita is great to have for the few games it does have and if you are huge into PS1 classics, it can play all PS1 games in a better resolution than on your TV so they look a lot better, and in the future you can bet it you will find it worth the purchase price.

I'm glad I own both, but the 3DS is superior than any console on the market right now IMO, I'd own that over a PS3 or 360 or Wii U or anything right now.

edit - if you are going to get a 3DS, make sure you get the 3DS XL. It's a larger 3DS so the screen is bigger and it's far more comfortable to hold. It's not as portable cause it's larger but if you don't have the hands of an 11 year old boy, you will want the bigger XL.

Long post but I wanted to go into some details for you.
Thanks man. Yeah, I think I'll wait at least a year before I get a Vista. It looks good and I would like to play Uncharted but I think I'm going to hold off and get the 3DS.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #3313 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 12:42 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,020
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
Thanks man. Yeah, I think I'll wait at least a year before I get a Vista. It looks good and I would like to play Uncharted but I think I'm going to hold off and get the 3DS.
Good call.

Just remember to get the XL version if you want it to be comfortable. Also, pick this up as well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are only 5 left in stock at Amazon so you might want to order it quickly if you are getting a 3DS XL, it makes it feel like you are holding a comfortable controller rather than a squared off handheld, very much worth buying IMO.
M.C is offline  
post #3314 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
nearly finished castlevania 3 now, i just have to beat the doppleganger boss then its off to fight dracula. I wish I had a psone still so i could play symphony of the night and the megaman x4-8
Bro do you want me to find you a easy to use emulator and all the games you want??? Its really easy and free and allows you to play all the games YOU would like. Since you are really into the old school games.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #3315 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 01:35 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,093
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Bro do you want me to find you a easy to use emulator and all the games you want??? Its really easy and free and allows you to play all the games YOU would like. Since you are really into the old school games.
psone games lag on my laptop so do nintendo 64 ones so thats why i have to play them on consoles, I already have an emulator site for 32, 16 and 8 bit games


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #3316 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 01:37 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
psone games lag on my laptop so do nintendo 64 ones so thats why i have to play them on consoles, I already have an emulator site for 32, 16 and 8 bit games
really??? Even the sidescrolling games?? Are you sure its the laptop and not the emulator?? Cause those games are very easy for the computer to handle.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #3317 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 03:12 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,093
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
really??? Even the sidescrolling games?? Are you sure its the laptop and not the emulator?? Cause those games are very easy for the computer to handle.
my laptop might have some graphic problems with it, I had a real hard time playing conkers bad fur day as well


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #3318 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 03:22 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
my laptop might have some graphic problems with it, I had a real hard time playing conkers bad fur day as well
Can i ask what emulator you are using??? Iv had similar issues until i found the right emulator.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #3319 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 03:38 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,093
Blog Entries: 1
                     
for that game it was project64


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #3320 of 9080 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
for that game it was project64
Well hey i uploaded this myself and set everything up.

"EDIT" nvm... you cant download it unless you use the "Download as B1" but then you have to download the archiver. Il find a different website to upload it on... you got any suggestion??

Quote:
http://www.4shared.com/folder/D79uGJWR/_online.html

Download it. Click ePSXe. Load ISO "Folder - Castlevania Symphony of the Night". Enjoy.

Hotkeys

asdf
zxcv

v = start

You can set it up yourself how you like it.
Just try it. If it lags let me know but i dont think it should. Wont hurt to try.

I just started playing and got hooked into the game again haha. I never got all the stuff so i think this time i will. Such a cool game.

SideWays222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome