What game(s) are you playing? - Page 410 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 132Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4091 of 9708 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 05:55 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Some have recognized it as one of the best games ever made, like these guys:

http://metro.co.uk/2011/08/10/the-10...fect-2-110631/

http://www.destructoid.com/deadly-pr...e-164794.phtml

http://www.gamecritics.com/daniel-we...he-year-part-1

So you are right that some acknowledged it for its rightful place in one of the best games ever made list, but there are many reviews that are under 5/10, the game has a 68 on metacritic, and for a game as outstanding as it is that is embarrassing and has made me completely ignore reviews ever since that game came out.
That's is why I don't pay attention to a couple bad reviews. I look all over the place for different reviews and most of all user reviews. And knack has been negative all around for the most part. Deadly premonition iv found plenty off good reviews. And you have to realize that a lot of websites have a method for scoring games. It's not just did you play it and did you like it or not. It's categorized into graphics,controls,stability and bugs,gameplay,innovation,improvement (if its a sequel), story, gaming expirience etc. Depending which website.

So if the game has bad graphics, bad controls, glitchi, frustrating experience for the wrong reasons the overall score will be lowered severely. Even if it is a fun good game. That's why reading the review is more important then looking at the score. And reading how they score the games at a specific website is important.

And I agree about your repetition part but also I can see a huge difference between going online and your reflexes and aim being tested every time you run into a real life opponent. If the single player game was the same as the online game just with comps. That would be boring as all hell lol

To playing single player repeatedly pressing the same fighting moves or skills versus the same or similar mobs while moving through similar structured environments. And I know games that are structured similarly but it does not feel repetitive and I don't see reviews saying its boring repetitiveness. So there is a good way to do that and a bad boring way. From what I am reading knack did it the bad boring way.

Again this is just stuff I read from users and articles and stuff I agree with when I watched the playthrough footage of the guy reviewing the game. I have not played it myself I could maybe totally like the game if I played it myself.

And lol one of the reviews I was watching had a guy playing the game while this other guy was asking him questions about it and the guy playing also got to a cool jump that was like a broken free way and he commented too that it annoys him that the cutscenes take over for no reason haha

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

SideWays222 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4092 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 12:41 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,807
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
That's is why I don't pay attention to a couple bad reviews. I look all over the place for different reviews and most of all user reviews. And knack has been negative all around for the most part. Deadly premonition iv found plenty off good reviews. And you have to realize that a lot of websites have a method for scoring games. It's not just did you play it and did you like it or not. It's categorized into graphics,controls,stability and bugs,gameplay,innovation,improvement (if its a sequel), story, gaming expirience etc. Depending which website.

So if the game has bad graphics, bad controls, glitchi, frustrating experience for the wrong reasons the overall score will be lowered severely. Even if it is a fun good game. That's why reading the review is more important then looking at the score. And reading how they score the games at a specific website is important.

And I agree about your repetition part but also I can see a huge difference between going online and your reflexes and aim being tested every time you run into a real life opponent. If the single player game was the same as the online game just with comps. That would be boring as all hell lol

To playing single player repeatedly pressing the same fighting moves or skills versus the same or similar mobs while moving through similar structured environments. And I know games that are structured similarly but it does not feel repetitive and I don't see reviews saying its boring repetitiveness. So there is a good way to do that and a bad boring way. From what I am reading knack did it the bad boring way.

Again this is just stuff I read from users and articles and stuff I agree with when I watched the playthrough footage of the guy reviewing the game. I have not played it myself I could maybe totally like the game if I played it myself.

And lol one of the reviews I was watching had a guy playing the game while this other guy was asking him questions about it and the guy playing also got to a cool jump that was like a broken free way and he commented too that it annoys him that the cutscenes take over for no reason haha

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I'm about 50% or so through the game now, and unless the game changes drastically, the game is awesome and most of the complaints are just nonsensical. Nearly ever complaint they gave this game I could give to Ghosts/BF4, yet those games got 80s in reviews.

I don't trust reviews, not a single one of them, and Knack is one of the many reasons for it. I would have skipped the best game on the PS4 had I even considered them.
M.C is offline  
post #4093 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 02:51 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,307
                     
Whoever came up with the last level of KOTOR should have a leaf blower shoved up his ass! Because I didn't have a certain amount of computer spikes I now have to start the level over again.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #4094 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 4,099
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
I doubt i'll get a ps4 looks meh, I enjoy my retro games but the problem with is they're retro so they won't be making any new games in that essence
Tons of Indie games on Steam, more than a few have an old school feel to them. Some good older style rpgs and platform shooters and most are either free or less than $15.

Rygu is offline  
post #4095 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,044
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygu View Post
Tons of Indie games on Steam, more than a few have an old school feel to them. Some good older style rpgs and platform shooters and most are either free or less than $15.
I am currently bashing my head on Binding of Isaac. It's similar to Legend of Zelda dungeons, but Rogue-like in it's randomized maps, and with a crazy variety of items to tweak your powers. Got it on sale for $2.49... possibly the best $2.49 I ever spent.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is online now  
post #4096 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 06:04 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,807
                     
The Wolf Among Us is 33% off right now. For anyone who liked The Walking Dead, it's made by the same guys and is a 5 episode style game like that as well. It's an amazing game and honestly has the potential to be better than The Walking Dead was. The game is awesome.

That's a fun game Hex. One of the very few indie games I enjoy.
M.C is offline  
post #4097 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 06:14 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I'm about 50% or so through the game now, and unless the game changes drastically, the game is awesome and most of the complaints are just nonsensical. Nearly ever complaint they gave this game I could give to Ghosts/BF4, yet those games got 80s in reviews.

I don't trust reviews, not a single one of them, and Knack is one of the many reasons for it. I would have skipped the best game on the PS4 had I even considered them.
Your comment about the game is a review in itself. So i shouldnt trust your post. Or your post about Deadly Premonition.

I guess playing every game for yourself and forming a personal opinion that way is not a bad mindset.

But

I dont have money or time for such a mindset. So il stick to what works.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #4098 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 06:22 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
kiss my ass ninja gaiden III you are vanquished



the old NES games were perfect,the hell were they thinking in the remake series


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #4099 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 06:41 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,807
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Your comment about the game is a review in itself. So i shouldnt trust your post. Or your post about Deadly Premonition.

I guess playing every game for yourself and forming a personal opinion that way is not a bad mindset.

But

I dont have money or time for such a mindset. So il stick to what works.
It's not a review, it's an opinion and one that I don't get paid to have. Also no, you should not blindly trust what I have to say, why would you blindly trust anyone? Especially people who are paid by game publishers to give higher review scores, and proven to give low scores to games out of pure idiocy and lack of game skill? Always form your own opinions instead of letting others form them for you, you will experience a lot more things that you enjoy.
M.C is offline  
post #4100 of 9708 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 06:52 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
It's not a review, it's an opinion and one that I don't get paid to have. Also no, you should not blindly trust what I have to say, why would you blindly trust anyone? Especially people who are paid by game publishers to give higher review scores, and proven to give low scores to games out of pure idiocy and lack of game skill? Always form your own opinions instead of letting others form them for you, you will experience a lot more things that you enjoy.
Yeah... those reviews are also "opinion".

Actually tons of reviews dont actually make a cent for reviewing the games. They maybe make money from the hits their websites get but thats it. There is alot more websites out there then just IGN who review games.

Uhh okay thanks for the random life lesson Confucius.

SideWays222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome