What game(s) are you playing? - Page 451 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #4501 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,921
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
I am getting South Park on steam for sure!
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-01-2014, 01:27 AM   #4502 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,609
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
I spontaneously purchased Thief on PS4, I put about 2-3 hours into it. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The stealth is great, the mechanics of the game are really fun. I love that a fairly large portion of the city opens up to you somewhat soon, it gives you some fun side content and exploration between missions. Plus it's cool that you have your own hideout where you can stash your rare stolen goods and put them on display, stash items for later use, etc. It's neat.

If you're a fan of pure stealth, this game is great (3 hours in at least). The combat is fairly horrible, but I think that's intentional. You shouldn't be able to fight more than 1 guard at a time easily since you are a thief, not a fighter. It would take so much away from the stealth if you had no fear of getting caught. As it is, you do not want to get caught cause you can see the death screen quickly unless you run away (which is fun as well).

I recommend it to anyone who want's a real stealth game where stealth is priority and you can't just fight your way through guards, if you enjoy stealing things being a main focus, and if you like semi-open worlds (a big city) to explore/find secrets.
__________________



“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

Video Game GIF Thread
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:48 AM   #4503 (permalink)
My name is Stun Gun and I want GSP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,280
Stun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings System
Been playing a lot of Forza 5
__________________


Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:50 AM   #4504 (permalink)
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 3,100
Rygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I am getting South Park on steam for sure!
Hell yeah already have mine pre-ordered. I think it will be an awesome game.
__________________
Rygu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 AM   #4505 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,747
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I am getting South Park on steam for sure!
Check the link i posted!! Right now you can get it for 35$
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:57 AM   #4506 (permalink)
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 3,100
Rygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one excited for this game. An RPG made by Obsidian, one of the best RPG teams in the world combined with a direct, hands on story/script/voice acting of Matt and Trey - how can this game not be awesome?

As for BF4, it's a glitchy game Bud. I clip through the ground in it, my bullets don't register sometimes, I was literally running forward towards a base when a tank appeared right in front of me with someone in it shooting me. Half the time when I log in none of my unlocks appear, I have to reload the whole game sometimes 2-3 times before my unlocks will appear in the game for me to use (guns, attachments, everything) and the game has pop-up hints as if I'm a new player. If you can fight through all of the things that make you feel ripped off for spending a penny on the game, there's some fun to be had.
I put 230 hours into BF4 (PC) in the first 2 months after release. You would think I loved it, but I really didn't. So many crutch weapons, limited teamplay, tiny maps are just some of my disappointments. BF2 on PC was epic, BF3 and 4 feel like CoD with vehicles. 110 different ranks is just ridiculous too, ranking up used to mean something. Now you can rank up 4 times in 3 rounds. Just so dumbed down compared to BF2 and 2142 it pisses me off. EA should let DICE do their thing and stop poisoning the series by catering to shitty players and forcing DICE to release the game before it was ready just to compete with Call of Dootie.
__________________
Rygu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:07 AM   #4507 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,609
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygu View Post
I put 230 hours into BF4 (PC) in the first 2 months after release. You would think I loved it, but I really didn't. So many crutch weapons, limited teamplay, tiny maps are just some of my disappointments. BF2 on PC was epic, BF3 and 4 feel like CoD with vehicles. 110 different ranks is just ridiculous too, ranking up used to mean something. Now you can rank up 4 times in 3 rounds. Just so dumbed down compared to BF2 and 2142 it pisses me off. EA should let DICE do their thing and stop poisoning the series by catering to shitty players and forcing DICE to release the game before it was ready just to compete with Call of Dootie.
I have about 110 hours into it, but most of that is my nephew who stops by and plays often. I'd say I have about 30-40 hours out of it. I like it when it's working properly, I hate it and feel I wasted my money when it isn't. Take today for example, the lag was so bad my screen was glitching out, I was at least a second or two behind everyone else so I could barely hit anything. I had two games like that then the third one was good and had no issues at all and enjoyed it.

With that said, even when I am enjoying it the game isn't some amazing piece of gaming. I have it below so many FPS games I can't even count. It's a nice way to waste an hour when I'm not reading/playing something else/nothing is on Netflix. Unless of course the game is screwing up, in which case it's not a "nice" hour, it's an infuriating hour where I'd love to sit DICE down and ask them why their game sucks so bad. It's a like/absolutely hate relationship, leaning towards the hate by a fairly large margin.
__________________



“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

Video Game GIF Thread
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:17 AM   #4508 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,827
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
I defeated die hard on the NES, only on the beginner mode though, on advanced mode all enemies take double damage its impossible
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:25 AM   #4509 (permalink)
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 3,100
Rygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I have about 110 hours into it, but most of that is my nephew who stops by and plays often. I'd say I have about 30-40 hours out of it. I like it when it's working properly, I hate it and feel I wasted my money when it isn't. Take today for example, the lag was so bad my screen was glitching out, I was at least a second or two behind everyone else so I could barely hit anything. I had two games like that then the third one was good and had no issues at all and enjoyed it.

With that said, even when I am enjoying it the game isn't some amazing piece of gaming. I have it below so many FPS games I can't even count. It's a nice way to waste an hour when I'm not reading/playing something else/nothing is on Netflix. Unless of course the game is screwing up, in which case it's not a "nice" hour, it's an infuriating hour where I'd love to sit DICE down and ask them why their game sucks so bad. It's a like/absolutely hate relationship, leaning towards the hate by a fairly large margin.
BF2 is what the Battlefield series is supposed to be about. BF4 is almost dead 4 months after release. After 4 months, BF2 hadn't even peaked yet. They focus too much now on the whole reward system, graphics, and effects. Teamwork is rare now, and the game has too many overpowered weapons now to exploit (UCAV, SUAV, every assault rifle, now DMRs after the newest patch.) The game needs way more recoil, and to make it actually a challenge to hit someone with an AR while standing from 300m. CoD ruined the world of FPS, and too many companies followed suit.
__________________
Rygu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:35 AM   #4510 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,609
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygu View Post
BF2 is what the Battlefield series is supposed to be about. BF4 is almost dead 4 months after release. After 4 months, BF2 hadn't even peaked yet. They focus too much now on the whole reward system, graphics, and effects. Teamwork is rare now, and the game has too many overpowered weapons now to exploit (UCAV, SUAV, every assault rifle, now DMRs after the newest patch.) The game needs way more recoil, and to make it actually a challenge to hit someone with an AR while standing from 300m. CoD ruined the world of FPS, and too many companies followed suit.
I completely agree. Modern FPS (especially military based ones) are quite horrible these days. Even when you can enjoy them, they are still bad compared to what the FPS genre used to be. CoD is a big part of that indeed.
__________________



“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

Video Game GIF Thread
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios