What game(s) are you playing? - Page 545 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 08-05-2014, 04:40 AM   #5441 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
prospect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,757
prospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By Allprospect Is Beloved By All
Well no one told me that. I just remember a video about a guy bragging how good he is with a throwing knife . And someone told him that it doesn't matter because he's using aim assist in pc
prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-05-2014, 04:57 AM   #5442 (permalink)
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 11,441
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
Fairly certain you can turn aim assist off on console fps, but what do I know? I just like Asians
No clue, but why would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospect View Post
Well no one told me that. I just remember a video about a guy bragging how good he is with a throwing knife . And someone told him that it doesn't matter because he's using aim assist in pc
No idea. That's why people go to PC gaming for FPS games, no assist and far better controls. The last PC aim-assist thing I have seen was when they CoD: Ghosts has aim-assist on PC when using a controller (not keyboard/mouse), and pretty much every PC gamer raged because of how ridiculous it is, aim assist doesn't belong on PC.

As for what I've been playing, some more Original Sin. Me and my friend picked the Lone Wolf talents so we don't have to use the two annoying NPCs. Single player they would be fun to use, but in a co-op game we just want to focus on our own character. Fun game so far, except for a couple of issues.

There's basically two issues I have with the game: 1. the co-op quest accepting is extremely lame and awfully designed, why do NPCs not have a ! above their head or some symbol so we know when we are talking to a quest NPC? I can't tell you how many times we separated to go explore the city, to randomly pick up quests because we had no clue it was a quest NPC and the other person didn't get to see what the hell the quest is about (without having to read a boring chat log, another problem with the game). The second problem is the lack of quest tracking. I understand they were trying to go a little old school with this one, but there's no reason to if you are just bringing back annoying features that were fixed with modern gaming for a reason. I'm a big fan of some old school gaming ideas and hate they are long gone, but this is not one of them. Find evidence to prove X character is doing something wrong. Evidence? Where? We read every piece of text regarding the quest and there's no mention of where or how to find any evidence. We went to someone's room and searched it and all kinds of stuff, nothing. We ended up just killing the person and saying F it. X and Y are deciding whether or not to kill someone. Okay, so what? Is that it? It's in my journal, we talked to everyone involved, we searched the area, nobody says anything and there's no indicator (even in the text) to what you are supposed to do. Questing in this game is just badly designed, reading a log to figure out what to do is fine but when there's no information to actually give you a hint of what you should do, it's just stupid.

A bit of a rant there... but yeah, good game overall just frustrating sometimes.
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #5443 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 6,962
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
You don't like better graphics, better frames per second, way more options (field of view slider being most important, IMO), a vastly superior gaming library (for the most part), multiple control methods (keyobard/mouse, 360 controller, ps4 controller, xbox one controller, joysticks, etc), mods that extend the life of games (Skyrim 3 years later is still going strong because of mods for example), etc?

I like console gaming as much as PC gaming don't get me wrong, my Wii U/3DS are my two favorites at the moment. I'm just curious, you really don't like anything at all about PC gaming when it has so many major advantages over console gaming?

As for what I've been playing, I started Divinity: Original Sin with a friend of mine. We are both new and going to co-op the whole game. It's been fun so far except for 1 thing. When playing co-op, whoever starts the conversation is the only one who actually gets in on the conversation. There's a tiny box on the bottom right which has text on what was said in the discussion, but it goes by so fast that you don't have time to read it in a decent manner. This makes questing a bit of a pain in the ass in co-op. Other than that the game has been really good.
Graphics look generally the same in my eyes.
I get no frame rate on PS3.

You say better gaming library, I say more games set in outer space.

Every single game you guys talk about in here seems boring and geeky to me.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #5444 (permalink)
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 11,441
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Graphics look generally the same in my eyes.
I get no frame rate on PS3.

You say better gaming library, I say more games set in outer space.

Every single game you guys talk about in here seems boring and geeky to me.
Graphics are factually superior on PC, there's no debate on it. You get no frame rate on PS3? That doesn't even make any sense, do you know what frame rate is?

Honestly from what you are saying, it seems like you don't have much experience in gaming or the technology revolving the hobby. Didn't you say you were in game design at one point? How can you not know that the graphics are factually superior on PC and that frames matter greatly?
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #5445 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,563
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I get no frame rate on PS3.
Yes you do, it's locked at 30 I think (also known as just enough so it seems to run fluidly).

I believe the PS4 has 60 frames per second max which is okay but you will instantly notice any reduction in framerate. When I played Destiny it was very obvious the system couldn't handle the big panorama. XBox 1 still has 30 frames max I believe. I run most next gen games at 80+ frames per second and my PC is "last generation".

And yeah, I'm a geek.
__________________


Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #5446 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 6,962
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Graphics are factually superior on PC, there's no debate on it. You get no frame rate on PS3? That doesn't even make any sense, do you know what frame rate is?

Honestly from what you are saying, it seems like you don't have any experience whatsoever in gaming or the technology revolving the hobby. Didn't you say you were in game design at one point? How can you not know that the graphics are factually superior on PC and that frames matter greatly?
They might BE superior, but I don't notice the difference. It's like when everyone told me I sooo totally need to get a HD TV. I still dont even see the difference.

People use the term frame rate to describe jumps in their game. Never actually thought about how inaccurate the expression is until now.

Jeez. Do you get commission for every time someone says they prefer PCs? I'm not trying to insult you personally mate. I just don't like it. I like nothing about the controls, can you even play 2 player? And I don't really like a single one of the main PC not-console games. It's like when people told me I need to get an Xbox because it had more games...like Halo and Gears of War? No thanks.

And for the record, had I known nothing about this stuff I probably wouldn't have finished top of my Games Development course.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #5447 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,242
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
PC graphics are superior simply because the hardware is far beyond what are in consoles even in this new gen. The games come out with options to make the game look better that the console versions just don't have.

Personally I don't really care what anyone prefers. I like my PC and my consoles. But the PC is superior in terms of performance.

And he said no experience because you said you have no framerate. I am willing to assume that was an error. As if you had no (0) framerate, the game would just be frozen.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #5448 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 6,962
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
PC graphics are superior simply because the hardware is far beyond what are in consoles even in this new gen. The games come out with options to make the game look better that the console versions just don't have.

Personally I don't really care what anyone prefers. I like my PC and my consoles. But the PC is superior in terms of performance.

And he said no experience because you said you have no framerate. I am willing to assume that was an error. As if you had no (0) framerate, the game would just be frozen.
Watch any video of someone playing Black Ops Zombies. 99.9999% of videos will use the term framerate to describe skipping in the game (due to the amount of spawning).

I know it's not specifically the "correct term", but it's something people use to describe it.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #5449 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,242
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Watch any video of someone playing Black Ops Zombies. 99.9999% of videos will use the term framerate to describe skipping in the game (due to the amount of spawning).

I know it's not specifically the "correct term", but it's something people use to describe it.
Right, because when a game Stutters (skips), it is due to the framerate dropping. If your game is not stuttering, then you have a reasonable and stable framerate.

If they use the word incorrectly thats fine for them I guess. It just means they don't have a good understanding of what they are talking about.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #5450 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 6,962
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Right, because when a game Stutters (skips), it is due to the framerate dropping. If your game is not stuttering, then you have a reasonable and stable framerate.

If they use the word incorrectly thats fine for them I guess. It just means they don't have a good understanding of what they are talking about.
If I injured my leg, and someone says "Well actually, you tore your meniscus"....I still know I'm hurt.

Man, you PC guys reaaaaaaly are douches about it aren't you?

*Plays GTA 5*
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios